[Champions League] Juventus vs Zenit ( 17th September , 2008) (6 Viewers)

Juve's MOM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
We got the 3 points not because we played a defensive game, it was due to a brilliant talent, and some luck
keep it this way ... we did not lose, because we played a defensive game ... ranieri obviously thought "better one point, than none and them having a three point advantage over us".

If you are suggesting a defensive formation AT HOME against Zenit, what do you suggest for the away game, or against Real Madrid
I do suggest nothing ... i do not even look like ranieri ... i sat at home and watched the match .. it was ranieri who took the decisions and if his decisions get us three points, no one will ask about how we got them, when are beyond group stages!

ranieri had the option to go for marchionni and strengthen the attack .... the decision for sali just shows that he might have been happy with one point

When you really need to win, you should take a risk, and bringing Giovinco in at 75' or something isn't a foolish risk or a stupid decision
who would you have taken off, when you agree that you dont substitute a player you just brought in ?

nedved ? i'm sure if they can mark nedved with two people, then the same two can do the same with giovinco.

saying "this decision sucks" is easy ... finding a better solution is not that easy

we did float in the "defense or defensive midfield" at times ... so you would not take anyone from there off, would you ?

I explained to you that possession and creativity problems today were due to the same reasons, if there are creative players that can fill the gap between the defense and attack, there will be creativity, and ball possession as well, as our defense would find someone to pass the ball instead of the stupid long balls
if it was that easy, i think ranieri would have done this, but i think it is not that easy. it's not that predictable ... even less with a young international unproven giovinco who did not get into the game in a match where we played slightly better against a weaker side(artmedia)

I really feel sorry for our winning mentality, we're supposed to fight for a win, not to play to get a point at home from an average team
perhaps you did not know, but zenit is current uefa cup holder and did defeat manchester united just recently ... getting points from them is not a piece of cake ;) they are by no means average

Aug 1, 2003
Did anyone notice Ranieri's reaction after Alex's goal?

"YEAH! COME ON!"

:lol:

I would have to vote Alex for MoM, because of his brilliant goal that made the difference, but SISSOKO was just effing, effing brilliant.

Aug 1, 2003
I think De Celgie will be our LB from now on. Ranieri is done with Molinaro it seems.
I was pretty surprised Ranieri made that substitution actually, didn't think Ranieri would actually do it.

Considering Zenit has played around 20 (?) games this season, and Juve 2, I think we could only get better once we gain our momentum.

Oh, I thought Nedved had a good game too. :toast:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
just finished watching the game, was a delayed telecast :( Thank God for Ale, we didn't play well at all today...MF seems to be quite ordinary when Camo isn't there, Poulsen was not involved at all...what a goal by Ale, simply beautiful!

Dec 26, 2004
I can't understand the sudden attack on Molinaro... today was a typical Molinaro performance and he performed like this for at least 70% of our games.

His performance is nothing new at least for me.... and Sali deserve a special mention while we are at it.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
I think he said "andiamo"
Translate plz :agree:

Anatoly Timoshchuk: " there were many questions to the arbitrator "

The captain of "Zenith" Anatoly Timoshchuk after defeat from "Juventus" (0:1) in a starting meeting of a group round of League of champions has remained is dissatisfied with refereeing.

" We in what did not concede to "Juventus", and in some components even were stronger. We did not have not enough composure which in League of champions is of great importance. Naturally, it is experience which is useful to everything as many players at such level acted for the first time.

Many questions remain to the judge. It treated some moments against us. When broke rules on football players of "Zenith", it did not react in any way and as soon as foul our players, the Belgian at once gave them yellow cards ", - gives of a word Ukraine Sportbox.ru.
no timeeeeeeeeee to Loooooooosers :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I can't understand the sudden attack on Molinaro... today was a typical Molinaro performance and he performed like this for at least 70% of our games.

His performance is nothing new at least for me.... and Sali deserve a special mention while we are at it.
Oh yeah you reminded me of Salihamidzic:where the hell were you hiding and how the fook were you more invisible than Trezeguet?

Next time when Camo gets injured(god forbid) I'd bring on Marchisio and switch Nedved to the playmaker position.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006

It's because in the past there was no one to replace him and we just had to live with him. Now we can finally see him on the bench. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)