[Champions League] Juventus vs Zenit ( 17th September , 2008) (15 Viewers)

Juve's MOM

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 29, 2008
DAMN guys... I so nervous.. I cant eat, cant talk, cant do anything.. In university i 3 hours do only one thing - paint in my notebook "Forza Juventis, Forza Juventus, Forza Juventus".. I support Juve for 10 years but i cant remember when i was so nervous(maybe in july 2000 when Italy play)..

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
Does anyone know if Giovinco will be in the squad? I noticed he wasnt against Udinese, any reason for this?
Squad against Zenit:
1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
7 Salihamidzic
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
13 Manninger
15 Knezevic
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie

solojuve1897

Mille Grazie Pavel
Sep 17, 2008
Does anyone know if Giovinco will be in the squad? I noticed he wasnt against Udinese, any reason for this?
Hello, Im new here to start with. Living and born in Sweden, studying at the university and loving Juventus so much that it affect my studies. :)

About Giovinco:

I thought of this days before the game (Udinese) and had a strong feeling that Sebastian wont even be on the bench. Why you ask? Because he doesnt seams to be a priority for Ranieri. If you think about it you will see why. First of all lets look a the starting XI.

Buffon
Grygera-Legrottaglie/Mellberg-Chiellini-Molinaro/De Ceglie
Camoranesi-Sissoko-Poulsen/Zanetti-Nedved
Trezeguet/Iaquinta-Del Piero/Amauri

Bolded players, play if they are in good form. And the others we will se Ranieri rotating a bit. Maybe not Legrottaglie/Mellberg so much, when he finds the best alternative he will stick with it and go for it in the important games.

So, what do we need in the bench?
One goalie, one central-defender, one wing-defender, one central middfielder, one wing-middfielder and the two forwards benched (Amauri, Trezeguet, Del Piero or Iaquinta)

-Manninger
-Mellberg/Legrottaglie
-De Ceglie/Molinaro
-Zanetti/Poulsen
-Salihamidzic/Marchionni or Giovinco
-Amauri/Del Piero
-Trezeguet/Iaquinta

In the last game both of Marchionni and Salihamidzic was on the bench. Ranieri seams to prio one in my oppinion very mediocer player (Brazzo) and one which is hurt all the time so his form is never on top. And this instead of a young and promosing super-talent in Sebastian Giovinco. The fact that he is ALL JUVENTUS makes it all more disturbing.

Many argue that the contract problem with Giovinco is affecting Ranieris descions. And thats not impossible, but it doesnt feel like it. But we will see when the contract is done what will happen to Giovinco. If he aint on the bench/field every single game than I take it like a gesture that Ranieri doesnt have faith in him. Or do have faith but is afraid to try him out. If this is true then I dont understand why he called him back, thats just plain stupid and bad for the player.

Hands in the air if you think he is on the bench today against Zenit!

Regards,
SoloJuve

bullitnuts

Coconathan;)
Sep 30, 2006
awwmagad...the time has arrived*$^(*^(^%^%%*(^!!!! no words can describe what i'm feeling right now.

:bigscarf: we are juve, winning is in our blood. let's do it in style!:bigscarf:

roma ace!:juventus:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Hello, Im new here to start with. Living and born in Sweden, studying at the university and loving Juventus so much that it affect my studies. :)

About Giovinco:

I thought of this days before the game (Udinese) and had a strong feeling that Sebastian wont even be on the bench. Why you ask? Because he doesnt seams to be a priority for Ranieri. If you think about you will see why. First of all lets look a the starting XI.

Buffon
Grygera-Legrottaglie/Mellberg-Chiellini-Molinaro/De Ceglie
Camoranesi-Sissoko-Poulsen/Zanetti-Nedved
Trezeguet/Iaquinta-Del Piero/Amauri

Bolded players, play if they are in good form. And the others we will se Ranieri rotating a bit. Maybe not Legrottaglie/Mellberg so much, when he finds the best alternative he will stick with it and go for it in the important games.

So, what do we need in the bench?
One goalie, one central-defender, one wing-defender, one central middfielder, one wing-middfielder and the two forwards benched (Amauri, Trezeguet, Del Piero or Iaquinta)

-Manninger
-Mellberg/Legrottaglie
-De Ceglie/Molinaro
-Zanetti/Poulsen
-Salihamidzic/Marchionni or Giovinco
-Amauri/Del Piero
-Trezeguet/Iaquinta

In the last game both of Marchionni and Salihamidzic was on the bench. Ranieri seams to prio one in my oppinion very mediocer player (Brazzo) and one which is hurt all the time so his form is never on top. And this instead of a young and promosing super-talent in Sebastian Giovinco. The fact that he is ALL JUVENTUS makes it all more disturbing.

Many argue that the contract problem with Giovinco is affecting Ranieris descions. And thats not impossible, but it doesnt feel like it. But we will see when the contract is done what will happen to Giovinco. If he aint on the bench/field every single game than I take it like a gesture that Ranieri doesnt have faith in him. Or do have faith but is afraid to try him out. If this is true then I dont understand why he called him back, thats just plain stupid and bad for the player.

Hands in the air if you think he is on the bench today against Zenit!

Regards,
SoloJuve

good post and welcome aboard..
However, Gio was one of CR's requests and I am sure he will start with playing and very soon. Remember there are quite few competitions, guys also get cards , get injured, not to mention that Gio is in process of signing new contract so I think, that is playing some role as well.
Gio had already game against Artmedia, and he was not up to task at all. However he is our future I am sure he will be introduced and have more and more playing time.

solojuve1897

Mille Grazie Pavel
Sep 17, 2008
good post and welcome aboard..
However, Gio was one of CR's requests and I am sure he will start with playing and very soon. Remember there are quite few competitions, guys also get cards , get injured, not to mention that Gio is in process of signing new contract so I think, that is playing some role as well.
Gio had already game against Artmedia, and he was not up to task at all. However he is our future I am sure he will be introduced and have more and more playing time.
Thanks! I really do hope you right, I want nothing but the best for Sebastian. So what do you think about today? Are we going to see him on the bench or not?

Regards,

Aug 1, 2003
I think we should give Ranieri the benefit of the doubt here when it comes to Gio. I mean here's a man whos known for taking chances with younger players, and he already gave starting games to Marchisio and De Ceglie (regardless of why).

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Zenit are pretty tough nut.I saw the game with MU for Superkup.
They put in the bottle MU.They have some good players,Danny very quick and got great technical skills,Arshavin and Potencjuk(or something) who got a cannpn in his legs.
We must play best and be determined not 100 but 1000 percent.Also we must use all of our chances.
I do not understand why Ranieri will go with Molinaro.The guy is idiot.De ceglie suprised me for good with Udinese very much.No mistake from the youngster.
Camoranesi must do his best.Juve is on another [lanet when he is playing well.
I repeat if we wre determined we can beat them.
Sissoco and Polusen must control the midfield.
I do not know who will start the game in forward Trez&DP or Amauri with one of this two.
Forza magico Juve,per sempre.:juventus:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Thanks! I really do hope you right, I want nothing but the best for Sebastian. So what do you think about today? Are we going to see him on the bench or not?

Regards,
will he be on bench? Don't know. Someone said earlier only Ranieri knows..
I bet even he doesn't know :).

I think for today this is team

Buffon
Grygera-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-Molinaro
Camoranesi-Sissoko-Poulsen-Nedved
Trezeguet-Del Piero

On bench

-Manninger
-Mellberg
-De Ceglie
-Salihamidzic/Marchionni or Giovinco 2 of those 3
-Amauri
-IQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)