[Champions League] JUVENTUS vs Real Madrid (10/21/08) (2 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Sissoko

• Nedved

• Molinaro :)

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
you're just underestimating Giovinco! even if he would get bullied, chances are we might've been awarded a FK for the foul, and thus broken up play anyways! at that point, taking off a striker for a midfielder seemed the right decision!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Maybe but I always think Giovincos better coming on if we are chasing the game and not Defending a lead.

Even though I think we should of pushed for another goal it could of been to much of a risk.

But at the end of the day Ranieri got it right so im not complaining.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
That's not true whatsoever, actually. Vinni and I have offered several solutions to improve our play, such as purchasing something other than DM's, and playing Nedved in the center so he can conserve energy and play in his best position for Juventus, or even sensibly create detailed gameplans that we honestly have not had except for the match against Madrid.

So I'm not sure what the big deal is. We have offered more solutions than most who just sit silently while everything blows up in their face.
thanks bro...you saved me some typing !!:pint:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
thanks bro...you saved me some typing !!:pint:
oh yeah, and while being a smart ass in forum you say you do juventus something good ? do you expect anyone who had the power to change something about the situation at juve to read your posts here ?

that's like seeing someone will do something bad and whispering to another guy "hey, he will get hurt when he does that".

when the guy get's killed you say "ha ha ha that guy was an idiot ... i said he would get hurt !

that is like the people that always say "waaaah, the politicians suck ... they got it all wrong" and do not even vote or take a deeper look into politics...

saying something is wrong is one thing, giving one's opinion on a solution another thing, but really stepping up, growing some balls and do something to make yourself heard a completely different thing.

don't pretend to be the all knowing oracle when you do not give 1 dollar for your smart plans ...

but perhaps, while the forum is probably your browsers home site you lost the ability to use google or only phonebooks to get the adress of someone who would make your masterplans (that surely only you smart guys) come true

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
oh yeah, and while being a smart ass in forum you say you do juventus something good ? do you expect anyone who had the power to change something about the situation at juve to read your posts here ?

that's like seeing someone will do something bad and whispering to another guy "hey, he will get hurt when he does that".

when the guy get's killed you say "ha ha ha that guy was an idiot ... i said he would get hurt !

that is like the people that always say "waaaah, the politicians suck ... they got it all wrong" and do not even vote or take a deeper look into politics...

saying something is wrong is one thing, giving one's opinion on a solution another thing, but really stepping up, growing some balls and do something to make yourself heard a completely different thing.

don't pretend to be the all knowing oracle when you do not give 1 dollar for your smart plans ...

but perhaps, while the forum is probably your browsers home site you lost the ability to use google or only phonebooks to get the adress of someone who would make your masterplans (that surely only you smart guys) come true
:confused2 :irritated

please, do us all a favor and go jump off a bridge.........

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
the lack of intelligence on this forum ceases to amaze me....

I figured once we won a game, the village idiots would be out in force

did you clowns actually watch the game ??

A perfect DP shot, a deflected header and lots of luck won us this game....we were dominated throughout the entire game , and we wont always be so lucky

am I glad we won ? you're damn right, but if we continue to play this style of football, we arent going to win many games

now, I'll let the 3 of you's get back to pleasuring your hero RUINeri...make sure you wipe your mouth's good when your done !!:p
How were we dominated? We forced them into taking shots from outside the box, or working it wide, both of which got them nowhere (RVN goal the only real lapse of the match). Tactically, we made them play our game.

Amauri's deflection was as much a result of a good play as it was a deflection. We pressured them deep in their own half and forced Pepe into a mistake. Good cross, Amauri beat Heinze to the ball, and we scored. We made our own luck on that goal.

I hope we continue to play this style of game. Tight, effecient, and high energy. Scoring both goals early in each half set the tone for the rest of the match. Did u seriously expect an Italian team to continue to go all out once they were up 2-0? That was when Madrid "dominated", once we were 2-0 up, and for all their possession, I wasn't scared as I should have been.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:agree: I saw the match again yesterday and while it was disconcerting to see them dominate the posession in the 2nd half, for all that pretty passing they did not many clear cut chances...the goal was a bad lapse in concentration, otherwise could have been a clean sheet for Manninger

Max

Jul 15, 2003
the lack of intelligence on this forum ceases to amaze me....

I figured once we won a game, the village idiots would be out in force

did you clowns actually watch the game ??

A perfect DP shot, a deflected header and lots of luck won us this game....we were dominated throughout the entire game , and we wont always be so lucky

am I glad we won ? you're damn right, but if we continue to play this style of football, we arent going to win many games

now, I'll let the 3 of you's get back to pleasuring your hero RUINeri...make sure you wipe your mouth's good when your done !!:p
I was unable to access the forum for a week because my IP was banned. I was fuming when this match was over, because I knew people (within the club, the fans, etc...) would say this match was well-coached. I figured phrases like "tactical brilliance", "smart decisions" and the like would be tossed around. Juventus defeats a sub-par Real Madrid, and all of the sudden the season is salvaged. What the fuck is that?

Today, against Bologna, the true colours of Ranieri's squad will seep through. Mediocrity and inability can only be masked for so long.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Today, against Bologna, the true colours of Ranieri's squad will seep through. Mediocrity and inability can only be masked for so long.
Really ? We'll see Juve's true colours (mediocrity and inability) in a match where we'll be without Buffon, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zanetti, Poulsen, Marchisio, De Ceglie a RB (Grygera, Zebina, Salihamidzic), Legrottaglie and most probably without Camoranesi ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, I didn't get that too.
Man, we're missing 6 starters (or 8, depending how do you see Trez and De Ceglie, as starters or subs) and we're also missing many sub players, and someone is predicting a bad result for Juve.
Woooow, it is such a brilliant prediction.

And they'll even say "I told you so" after the match, bragging like they made a successfull pre-season prediction that Siena will win serie A.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ален;1785774 said:
Man, we're missing 6 starters (or 8, depending how do you see Trez and De Ceglie, as starters or subs) and we're also missing many sub players, and someone is predicting a bad result for Juve.
Woooow, it is such a brilliant prediction.

And they'll even say "I told you so" after the match, bragging like they made a successfull pre-season prediction that Siena will win serie A.
Exactly. I mean the odds of our team not performing and not bringing in good results is really low. So saying/predicting we're going to loose and then come up with the I told you so doesn't really make sense.

Not to also mention that from the start of the season up till now we've had more than 8 injured players. And they're all key players for this team.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Ален;1785761 said:
Really ? We'll see Juve's true colours (mediocrity and inability) in a match where we'll be without Buffon, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zanetti, Poulsen, Marchisio, De Ceglie a RB (Grygera, Zebina, Salihamidzic), Legrottaglie and most probably without Camoranesi ?
It's more of a shot at Ranieri, hence "Ranieri's squad". Going by Vinman's post and by intuition, I concluded that several people were praising Ranieri for what he did, instead of what Del Piero and Gabriel Heinze did.

and i didn't get the sub par Real Madrid either...
Did you not notice that Madrid couldn't string three passes together in the first half, yet in the second half they left the back four shell-shocked? They seemed somewhat sluggish in the first half, and therefore sub-par.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)