[Champions League] Juventus v Artmedia Bratislava (August 13th, 2008) (3 Viewers)

Who was the Man of the match ?

• Del Piero

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Chiellini

• Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Carragher is excellent... Skrtel is well on his way to being one of the VERY best in the EPL. Mellberg and Legro aren't the most skilled, but they do have a lot of class... they're solid characters... hehe... They'd be outstanding 3rd and 4th choice CB's. Anyways, I enjoy having them on the team... I guess that's my point...

Liverpool is class. I FUCKING DESPISE the EPL, but I can appreciate the history that exists at Liverpool.

Amauri was 22.6M Euros. We gave them Nocerino for 7.5... so they got about 15M in cash from us... so at 22.6, technically he was a little cheaper then Keane...

Generally... well at first thought, I'd like to avoid EPL teams in the group stages as well... who wouldn't? In reality though, we're going to have to face em eventually, so it would probably be a nice (Read: highly productive) test to draw one of these top class team in the group stages... as long as the other teams in the group are mediocre. Too bad we don't get to choose...hehe. I feel that we need the practice against top class opponents, in a more flexible situation then the do or die of heads up....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Generally... well at first thought, I'd like to avoid EPL teams in the group stages as well... who wouldn't?
Well, there is a 60% chance we'll get an EPL team in our group. From the 8 group holders 4 are English and we can't get Inter. The other three are the two spanish giants and Lyon.

Lyon is the team most of us would like to get. Not just because they are the weakest team "by name", but looking at their roster, they should be the team we can cope with.
They are still strong with players like Benzema, Toulalan, Keita, Grosso, Fred, Juninho, Boumsong :)D ) etc, but not as strong as the other group holders.

It will be orgasmic if we get this group :
1. Lyon (Fra)
2. Juventus (Ita)
3. Basel (Sui)
4. BATE Borisov (Blr)

But if Schalke eliminates Atletico we can find ourselves in this group
1. Manchester United (Eng)
2. Bayern Munich (Ger)
3. Juventus (Ita)
4. Fenerbahce (Tur)

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Yes, if they win we're in pot 3 but not in this group. It's just one of the possibilities.
If Atletico wins then there is no way to find ourselves in such a tough group because we'll be in pot 2.
so, basically we have to cheer for atletico for the return games, is that right? I think it's still possible for them to win, especially in madrid i think they could turn that 1-0 from schalke. That red card will probably be worrying them though. Btw, did aguero play in the last game? haven't heard of him...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure he failed there, but how many Italians have succeeded in England and vice versa?
Di Canio, Zola, Benito Carbone, Andrea Silenzi, among others.

But if Schalke eliminates Atletico we can find ourselves in this group
1. Manchester United (Eng)
2. Bayern Munich (Ger)
3. Juventus (Ita)
4. Fenerbahce (Tur)
Dear God, that would be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)