[Champions League] JUVENTUS 3-0 Chelsea (November 20, 2012) (85 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
at this pace, never
some tough love there, bro. i like it. you're not into that nonsense buttering up and marinating the meat before sticking it in the oven. you just put that shit in dry and then douse it in gravy once it's done. like a real man.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
More European slots=better league=able to lure high quality players.period.You just cant disregard the benefits it brings to your own club,the club you support..Now look,Borussia Dortmund in a few years time would suddenly become an attractive destination for high quality players to join them or the entire Bundesliga for that matter..

First of all why is this even a discussion ?Because the league right now is shite.I'm sure none would've cared about other Italian teams in Europe if Serie A was in a comfortable position in the co-efficients table.

And do we either have PSG like money to be able to lure all the best players in the world despite the league being crap to refute the argument ?No we dont..

I'll wait and see how many people will be screaming for the Falcao's and the Higuain's when Serie A slides further down the co-efficients charts :rofl: (Ligue 1 is closing in on Serie A btw)

Look i dont support the Milano sides in Europe,i hate them but i make sure i root for the smaller Italian sides competing in Europe like Udinese,Fiorentina,Lazio even Roma and Napoli..I'm a Juventus fan,but i am fan of the league too despite it having many shortcomings.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
More European slots=better league=able to lure high quality players.period.You just cant disregard the benefits it brings to your own club,the club you support..Now look,Borussia Dortmund in a few years time would suddenly become an attractive destination for high quality players to join them or the entire Bundesliga for that matter..

First of all why is this even a discussion ?Because the league right now is shite.I'm sure none would've cared about other Italian teams in Europe if Serie A was in a comfortable position in the co-efficients table.

And do we either have PSG like money to be able to lure all the best players in the world despite the league being crap to refute the argument ?No we dont..

I'll wait and see how many people will be screaming for the Falcao's and the Higuain's when Serie A slides further down the co-efficients charts :rofl: (Ligue 1 is closing in on Serie A btw)

Look i dont support the Milano sides in Europe,i hate them but i make sure i root for the smaller Italian sides competing in Europe like Udinese,Fiorentina,Lazio even Roma and Napoli..I'm a Juventus fan,but i am fan of the league too despite it having many shortcomings.
That ended in 2006. Fuck Serie A! They shot themselves in the foot with Calciopoli, the jealousy of Italians towards the only club who really cares for Italian football is what caused this crisis... I don't care if we become the Bayern Munich of Italy (which will never happen really, cause no matter what, Italy has 3 super clubs).

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
That ended in 2006. Fuck Serie A! They shot themselves in the foot with Calciopoli, the jealousy of Italians towards the only club who really cares for Italian football is what caused this crisis... I don't care if we become the Bayern Munich of Italy (which will never happen really, cause no matter what, Italy has 3 super clubs).
So basically you are blaming every single club in Italy for that?

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
according to some predictions i have hear around 5 years
No, more like 10 years.

Germany aren't losing their progress and have already 6 out of 7 teams qualified for the next stages of European competition. If Stuttgart wins against Molde at home, then they to qualify and will make it 7 out of 7 teams who qualify will qualify to the knockout rounds.

5 years is not realistic by any means. The coefficient is calculated from a 5 year duration. And Italy has been losing ranking to Germany for every single year since 08 (and will also lose this year). So predicting a turnover in 5 years means that Italy have to do better than Germany for 5 years straight. And that is not going to happen with how things develop now. Germany are closer to overtaking Englands place, and the way it's going right now, they just might do it in 2 years. And Italy are on the verge at losing their spot to either France or Portugal (not that it matters in regards of CL places).

But anyhow. 5 years won't do it for Italy.

May 22, 2007
Yeah that's pretty true though. No matter how crap this league becomes; Juve, Milan and Inter are still three massive clubs and will always have some interest to people around the world.
I strongly disagree, they can all slip out of the radar just like Ajax did. I know a lot of Juventus fans like to look at history but it really doesn't mean much to new fans if the teams are crap.

Most casual fans don't have that much clue on Serie A anymore, but they all know about teams like Barcelona and Man Utd.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
But what about next season group stage draw, can we at least reach pot 2, if we go far in CL this year?

If memory serves me right, we were in pot 3 in this seasons draw.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
But what about next season group stage draw, can we at least reach pot 2, if we go far in CL this year?

I dont think so..Actually i think we need to make 2 consecutive semi finals to make Pot 2.

Easier route would be lets just drop down to EL and rack up our co-efficient points by winning it :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How many years minimum would it take for us to get that 4th spot back?
In theory, minimum from the season 2014/15. But for that to happen the Germans need to lose almost all their matches next season, while the Italians need to be perfect. In reality, it will take at least 5 years. In those 5 years Italy will have to do better than at least two of Spain, Germany, England and France.

- - - Updated - - -

We can be in pot 2 if we do well this year, but that will also depend on who qualifies for the CL next year. These are the current standings: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2013.html

If we play a draw in Shakhtar and pass the group stage this year we automatically jump from 57.7 to 63.7 pts (1 point for the draw and 5 bonus pts for qualifying). Some 4-5 more points gained in the knockouts, and with 68 pts we'll be around 22nd-23rd place. Then it will depend on who qualifies for the CL from those teams above us. If 6-7 of them fail to qualify, then we'll be in pot 2. Realistically, we'll stay in pot 3, but there is some 10-20% chance to make pot 2. It doesn't really matter much, imo.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
No, more like 10 years.

Germany aren't losing their progress and have already 6 out of 7 teams qualified for the next stages of European competition. If Stuttgart wins against Molde at home, then they to qualify and will make it 7 out of 7 teams who qualify will qualify to the knockout rounds.

5 years is not realistic by any means. The coefficient is calculated from a 5 year duration. And Italy has been losing ranking to Germany for every single year since 08 (and will also lose this year). So predicting a turnover in 5 years means that Italy have to do better than Germany for 5 years straight. And that is not going to happen with how things develop now. Germany are closer to overtaking Englands place, and the way it's going right now, they just might do it in 2 years. And Italy are on the verge at losing their spot to either France or Portugal (not that it matters in regards of CL places).

But anyhow. 5 years won't do it for Italy.
well considering germany's pace that is true , but germany is not the opponent in my opinion , the real opponent will be england . For me in 2-3 years spain will take the first place (that will happen from this year probably) and germany second (this will take some time) . Spain right now has the best teams out there and german football is on the rise , england has some good squad but i see them going down . In the end it rotates , before it was italy the top , after that england , now it is spain , in some years i think it will be germany and hopefully after that italy's turn will come again .

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
True that but how shite will it make us look if we win in 6th best league in Europe. :D

I want Serie A to have four teams in the CL again one day. So at least it will be a lot easier for us to attract a higher quality of player.
No, it will be easier for the other teams to attract quality players.

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly disagree, they can all slip out of the radar just like Ajax did. I know a lot of Juventus fans like to look at history but it really doesn't mean much to new fans if the teams are crap.

Most casual fans don't have that much clue on Serie A anymore, but they all know about teams like Barcelona and Man Utd.
Ajax was never a big club except that one time.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

i think DI Mateo sacked like Carlos Queiroz when real Madrid trashed by juve in 2004...
You mean Del Bosque in 2003. Awesome match!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)