[Champions League] JUVENTUS 3-0 Chelsea (November 20, 2012) (38 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
:scarf:
But I get the bad feeling that they don't think CL is as important as it should be. Conte was making excuses the other week about richer clubs not winning, fans don't show up, not even resting players for big CL games etc. Hopefully they play well and get some belief that they can win the comp.

Stop blaming the lack of strikers every fkn week. We have four 15-20 goals per season strikers in the squad, that should be enough.
Is that a joke?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think the best thing Chelsea can do is play a 4-5-1 with Torres up top sitting right in front of Bonucci.

I think teams with 1 striker centrally give us more problems than any other setup. The only advantage we gain is that Pirlo has more freedom because the striker is on Bonucci.

Our strength defensively is Barza and Chiellini man marking their strikers out of the game. Always on their back, following up the pitch. If you take out those strikers and instead use 1 in the center and 2 wingers who look to get in behind, I think we have problems.

Torres to me, presents a big problem, far more than people realize. They laugh at him but he still has the ability to hold the ball or turn and run with pace. If he is 1 on 1 with Bonucci, he will win more times than not.

I don't know what Di Matteo's plan is but if he drops Torres and plays Sturridge up there and tries to park the bus we will run them over.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Juve pair Giorgio Chiellini and Marchisio are both a booking away from a suspension, while Luiz is also one yellow away from missing a game.

- - - Updated - - -

1 Buffon
2 Lucio
3 Chiellini
4 Caceres
6 Pogba
7 Pepe
8 Marchisio
9 Vucinic
11 De Ceglie
12 Giovinco
15 Barzagli
17 Bendtner
19 Bonucci
20 Padoin
21 Pirlo
22 Asamoah
23 Vidal
24 Giaccherini
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Quagliarella
30 Storari
32 Matri
33 Isla
34 Rubinho
39 Marrone

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Interesting that Claudio did the pre-match conference. I feel he will be our most important player tomorrow, Chelsea didn't track him for large parts of the game at the bridge as the holding mids rarely tracked his runs from deep and left him in plenty of space. When he exploits that tomorrow, he better have his shooting boots on.

More excited than nervous, it's been 3 years since our last do or die big Champions League game and this team that Conte has built looks the most suited to European football since 2004. In Conte we trust.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
RDM says he will attack but will be more concentrated on defending!
However, the Stamford Bridge side have been in poor form domestically, taking just two points from a possible 12, but the Italian manager has insisted his side will take the game to their Turin hosts.

"It will be a difficult game, but Juventus are under pressure as well," Di Matteo told reporters on Monday.

"Our intention is to cause Juventus problems, so certainly we will attack as well as defend.

"There was frustration on Saturday [in their defeat at West Brom] and we owe ourselves a good performance. In the past the players showed they can be counted on."

The former Chelsea player revealed Ashley Cole will be available after recovering from a hamstring injury, but refused to reveal any further information on his starting XI.

"Ashley Cole is available to play," he added. "The defensive focus of the team will be very important tomorrow.

"I feel confident. I have a good team and we know we have to play a big game tomorrow. I will see how the players are in training and then I will make my final selection decisions."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)