[Champions League] JUVENTUS 3-0 Chelsea (November 20, 2012) (74 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
as it seems Lumps won't be ready for this game for Chelski, so you fuckers should have a compfy win coming your way.

Zebra 3-1 Ruble, this one

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:D

not trolling - w/o lumps Chelski have managed only 1 win in recent games, iirc, vs Shakter and that one they should have lost very comfortably by 2-3 to 0 ... and that was in London.
They have looked downright pathetic since he left injured early in the game vs Shakter in Ukraine.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
of course he is, unless they are resting him for a more important game - without him, Chelski have been in complete disarray on the field acting like a deer in headlights.
Seriously though, he isn't in their best starting 11 anymore (that means the one for the biggest games). He's simply not that good anymore... Mikel and Ramires are being preferred...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Seriously though, he isn't in their best starting 11 anymore (that means the one for the biggest games). He's simply not that good anymore... Mikel and Ramires are being preferred...
that was the case under AVB indeed but since Di Matteo has taken over, Lumps has been instrumental for them. Without him this year they have simply lacked a director on the field and have looked lost, disorganized and hurried and have been unable to keep possession in midfield. Neither Ramires nor Mikkel can or have been able to provide any of the above.

don't have to believe me, just ask the local Chelski fan :)

- - - Updated - - -

all right, all right hope Juve wins for Serie A's sake:D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
that was the case under AVB indeed but since Di Matteo has taken over, Lumps has been instrumental for them. Without him this year they have simply lacked a director on the field and have looked lost, disorganized and hurried and have been unable to keep possession in midfield. Neither Ramires nor Mikkel can or have been able to provide any of the above.

don't have to believe me, just ask the local Chelski fan :)
Good idea. I will do that. :D I'm pretty sure I'm right though. :p
@Gabriel

Who will RDM prefer in the midfield when everybody's fit?
Mikel - Ramires
Lampard - Ramires
Mikel - Lampard

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
RDM has been baffling this season with his team selections, Lampard and Mikel was the partnership that started the season, then he dropped Lampard and started using Ramires and Mikel.

After that Lampard got injured in the shaktar game (away) and he just stuck with Mikel - Ramires.

Lampard - Ramires have only started together in midfield in 2 games this season, vs Nordsjaellen away (1-4 win) and vs Shaktar away (lamps got injured in the first 15 minutes).

I agree with acmilan that no other of our midfielders have the intelligence nor the passing range of Lampard, they're just muscle.

Problem is none of our midfielders are cut out for the system we're playing, Lampard is not a DM, neither is Ramires, only Mikel and Romeu are pure defensive midfielders.

Our squad is IMO more suited to play a 4-3-3 rather than this season's customary 4-2-3-1. added to our lack of DMs the 4-2-3-1 doesn't really work because we're playing a very narrow game were our wide attacking players (Mata, Hazard) tend to drift to the center which makes us rely for width on our fullbacks. They also don't track back enough to make the system work and our fullbacks are left exposed every single time on the counter and subsequently skinned (see RVP goal and David Luiz own goal in the game vs manure and also both the shaktar games). compared to Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 in Inter where he shifted Eto'o into a winger and made them all defend as a unit, ours is lacking in that aspect. Mikel who is supposed to be our best DM is just above average, he lacks the urgency to be our starting DM, he loses the ball upfield and doesn't bother to track back or cover his man, he just jogs. He needs to be dropped and replaced by a better player ASAP, problem is we don't have a replacement. Still can't believe we loaned out Essien and Sold Meireles without getting replacements, poor management.

I think Lampard is still our most complete midfielder and could/should play a role in our team.

Also we have huge problems in our forward line but I think you're all aware of that.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
RDM has been baffling this season with his team selections, Lampard and Mikel was the partnership that started the season, then he dropped Lampard and started using Ramires and Mikel.

After that Lampard got injured in the shaktar game (away) and he just stuck with Mikel - Ramires.

Lampard - Ramires have only started together in midfield in 2 games this season, vs Nordsjaellen away (1-4 win) and vs Shaktar away (lamps got injured in the first 15 minutes).

I agree with acmilan that no other of our midfielders have the intelligence nor the passing range of Lampard, they're just muscle.

Problem is none of our midfielders are cut out for the system we're playing, Lampard is not a DM, neither is Ramires, only Mikel and Romeu are pure defensive midfielders.

Our squad is IMO more suited to play a 4-3-3 rather than this season's customary 4-2-3-1. added to our lack of DMs the 4-2-3-1 doesn't really work because we're playing a very narrow game were our wide attacking players (Mata, Hazard) tend to drift to the center which makes us rely for width on our fullbacks. They also don't track back enough to make the system work and our fullbacks are left exposed every single time on the counter and subsequently skinned (see RVP goal and David Luiz own goal in the game vs manure and also both the shaktar games). compared to Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 in Inter where he shifted Eto'o into a winger and made them all defend as a unit, ours is lacking in that aspect. Mikel who is supposed to be our best DM is just above average, he lacks the urgency to be our starting DM, he loses the ball upfield and doesn't bother to track back or cover his man, he just jogs. He needs to be dropped and replaced by a better player ASAP, problem is we don't have a replacement. Still can't believe we loaned out Essien and Sold Meireles without getting replacements, poor management.

I think Lampard is still our most complete midfielder and could/should play a role in our team.

Also we have huge problems in our forward line but I think you're all aware of that.
Can Victor Moses play as CF?

And Mikel was never a DM to begin with :disagree:

- - - Updated - - -

And what happened to Marin?

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Can Victor Moses play as CF?

And Mikel was never a DM to begin with :disagree:
Victor Moses has played a few cameos at CF for Wigan but I wouldn't know, with our current forwards I'd try him.

I'm aware of Mikel's situation, but Mourinho reprogrammed him to the point that nowadays he's useless going forward (currently holds the record for most games played from midfield without scoring, and counting.)

Regarding Marin, he was injured at the start of the season, had had a great preseason (our best player during the time) but Di Matteo doesn't even play him as a sub now, not even in the league cup. :confused:

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Victor Moses has played a few cameos at CF for Wigan but I wouldn't know, with our current forwards I'd try him.

I'm aware of Mikel's situation, but Mourinho reprogrammed him to the point that nowadays he's useless going forward (currently holds the record for most games played from midfield without scoring, and counting.)

Regarding Marin, he was injured at the start of the season, had had a great preseason (our best player during the time) but Di Matteo doesn't even play him as a sub now, not even in the league cup. :confused:

Well you guys ruined one Nigerian talent (Mikel), please don't ruin another (Moses) :lol:

Yeah I remember Marin and Hazard in the preseason just going ham. And Romeu got dropped altogether? I thought he was getting ready to take a step up by featuring more?
Also this might be me being totally wrong, but what happened to Mceachern ? When he first debuted he looked like a revelation. Shit better than Cleverly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)