[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Celtic (March 6, 2013) (39 Viewers)

MOTM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Matri

• Quagliarella

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Having seen Celtic over the two legs, they're worse than I thought they'd be. They'd really struggle in Serie A IMO.
Lennon really fucked up.

I don't know why he thought pressing high and having the ball was the way to beat Juve.

I didn't expect him to do that at all. I didn't think he'd be quite as defensive as against Barca, but thought they'd work from that basic strategy.

Opening things up - exposing Celtic's poor technique - just suited Juve perfectly.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Lennon really fucked up.

I don't know why he thought pressing high and having the ball was the way to beat Juve.

I didn't expect him to do that at all. I didn't think he'd be quite as defensive as against Barca, but thought they'd work from that basic strategy.

Opening things up - exposing Celtic's poor technique - just suited Juve perfectly.
I'm surprised at how many people seem to think Celtic were unlucky and that they "dominated" because they had a lot of the ball, despite doing almost nothing with it.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Guys, take a look at this. Each 10th year since 1973, we've gone to the final in the european competition we've participated in.

1973 final Ajax-Juventus
1983 final Hamburger SV - Juventus
1993 final Borussia Dortmund - Juventus (UEFA Cup)
2003 final Milan - Juventus

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Guys, take a look at this. Each 10th year since 1973, we've gone to the final in the european competition we've participated in.

1973 final Ajax-Juventus

and also the last time there was no british sides in the CL quarters was in 1996 ;)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm surprised at how many people seem to think Celtic were unlucky and that they "dominated" because they had a lot of the ball, despite doing almost nothing with it.
Over the two games, I think they got in behind Juve and into a dangerous position once - when Samaras put the ball across the face of goal tonight.

Other than that, all their play was in what I would consider safe areas.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

1973 final Ajax-Juventus

And lost them all.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
And lost them all.
We beat Dortmund in the UEFA Cup final in 1993.

Anyway, I'd rather take 3 more final losses in a row than never to participate in one ever again.

If you crash out in the quarters or in the semis, no one is gonna remember you. Everyone remembers who played the final.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
its just amusing to see and read that no matter how dominate or how well or how bad juventus play they always seem to come out of cheaters. Fck Celtic and these wrestling tactics remarks. Its what Juventus endure every week, it may not be fare but its apart of the game whether you like it or not. I agree that juve could of been penalized for a few grabs but it goes both ways with Celtic purposely backing into gigi or celtic players barring theirs shoulders into our players. whatever either way this is now going to stick with Juve as "Their tactics" but its nothing we as fans arnt use to and i know damn well the players dont even bother with even talking about it. Celtic were weak and the fact Juventus let them play into them and Juve break into a counter attack makes celtic fans think they controlled the game? lol retards. I dont get how they couldnt see Juve backing up and every time take the ball away from them or celtic are left with a useless crossing position or make a shot from 20-30 yards but yes hoop fans you controlled the game :lol:

Barza if fcking amazing and the day this man retires we will have HUGE shoes to fill.

Quag decent game Matri as well the movement was there which is promising. Nice to see them in the right place at the right time

MVPogba were great imo tonight. Pogba may not have had an offensive show piece but his tracking back, closing down and winning out on most tackles was excellent to see Vidal same thing. Pirlo didnt do anything spectacular tonight but did what was needed because frankly he didnt need to do more then that.

Gigi excellent couple of saves to keep out shut out streak going. Good warm up for the lads for whats to come. Good experience in a hostile away stadium and are getting into good form.

Marrone as well i think had his best game interms of distributing passes to the coming back forwards are the on running midfielder, happy to see him play tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

And lost them all.
even though i know how many times we've lost a cup finally it still pisses me off everytime i see it lol i really hope we fcking win a CL very soon. Juve fans the club the ex players current players and agnellis really need it after what that intermerda diabolical fck tard of moratti did to us.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Especially since it was Padoin rather than Marrone on that picture.
They all look alike.

Can someone explain to be my why these Celtic fans call their boys...bohys?
Because they're all ghey. :ghey:

Still, I'm not going hide my delight that Juve have well and truly put those horrible cunts in their place. :)
So that explains all the tampon machines in the Celtic locker room. :pado:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)