[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Celtic (March 6, 2013) (38 Viewers)

MOTM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Matri

• Quagliarella

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
About what that guy said about real destroying us...... ill say only one thing:

The only really really unbeatable team in this competition is a Barcelona with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta having a great game that day. Thats the only moment i can say that u have all the odds to lose. But otherwise... im very confident that we can give any team a run for their money at the very least.

Barcelona is not in the brightest form right now... and definitely can get eliminated with some balotelli shawarma magic. Anything can happen.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Opinions required.

Our passing and possession retention in both legs was quite poor overall. Today we had 68% pass success.

Do you think this was an intentional tactical ploy to let them have the ball or did we find it hard to hold the ball against these guys?

Jul 10, 2006
About what that guy said about real destroying us...... ill say only one thing:

The only really really unbeatable team in this competition is a Barcelona with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta having a great game that day. Thats the only moment i can say that u have all the odds to lose. But otherwise... im very confident that we can give any team a run for their money at the very least.

Barcelona is not in the brightest form right now... and definitely can get eliminated with some balotelli shawarma magic. Anything can happen.
Agree, except Balotelli is cup tied. :(

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Opinions required.

Our passing and possession retention in both legs was quite poor overall. Today we had 68% pass success.

Do you think this was an intentional tactical ploy to let them have the ball or did we find it hard to hold the ball against these guys?
Juve were letting them have the ball.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Meh.

Job done.

Tempo was a bit higher than it ideally would have been, but that was always likely due to the conditions meaning the ball was going to zip around at high speed.

Thought Marrone did well and the strikers moved quite nicely at times.

Not much else to say about it since it was just a case of Juve going through the motions and not doing anything monumentally stupid.

Still, I'm not going hide my delight that Juve have well and truly put those horrible cunts in their place. :)

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
Job well done. We were clearly the better side over the 2 legs. We'll see what happens in the quarters. I'm glad we got another clean sheet and comfortable win. It shows the first game was no fluke. 5-0 on aggregate is convincing and there is no debate who was superior.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3382658&postcount=6249

:lol:

They seriously think they were good :lol: Only Pescara gave us less trouble this year. Every single team we played was better than Celtic. Well, maybe Nordsjaelland were their level, but the others were definitely better. This Celtic team would finish 12-18 in serie A, most probably somewhere in the middle of the last 10 in the league.
Think there was a discussion around the time of the draw as to whether Celtic would beat Cagliari.

I said I thought they probably would, but it'd be close.

I stand by that.

:howler:

Can someone explain to be my why these Celtic fans call their boys...bohys?
Bhoys.

And it'ss ome Irish immigrant thing, I believe.

So when's the draw?
A week on Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)