[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Celtic (March 6, 2013) (36 Viewers)

MOTM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Matri

• Quagliarella

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I'm a strong advocate of always picking the strongest possible team, other than in situations where the win is all but guaranteed and the following match is of extreme importance and likely very tough and also, our key players will be risked, suspension wise, for the next game if they are selected for what seems the easy game.

I do not see us in that exact situation, in some ways close to it, for we could draw Madrid away in the next round. I see us in a position to put the ghoulishly albino Lennon and his thuggish and irritating vermin army to the sword. I would play the strongest team possible other than Lichsteiner and Vidal.

Previous to our tie in Glasgow I had nothing against Celtic, but during and then esecially after our 0-3 victory I grew increasingly disgusted with their coach and players. Lennon's spastic proud stance of righteousness smacked of awful hypocracy, for he inferred that Hooper was allowed to block and lean into Buffon at every set piece in out rear third, which is very clearly against the rules, yet condemned our defence for trying to balance the scales more fairly. I guess that was an easier position to assume than <em>'well...we played our hearts out, Juve were well below par...they hit us with three quality goals, and it must be said, we huffed and puffed, but couldnt blow their house down...they matched our determination and spirit, and their quality got them the result'.</em>

Whilst Conte near to mimiced the lines after our horrid defeat to Roma, he did not name names and he is the manager, not a player.
'"It was just very sloppy individual mistakes – something you'd probably get away with on a playground, not in the last 16 of the Champions League." Kris Commons said about his team-mate Ambrose...
It is very rare, almost unheard of, to see a major part of a team pouring such public criticism on one of their team-mates. As with Lennon, for me, Commons showed a complete lack of class.

We certainly were lucky to win 0-3, as we played very poorly for much of the game, yet not at any point did I feel like we were dominated or likely to lose. Celtic lack quality in key areas, and their cause is not helped by playing in such a weak league, where yes, they gain the winning habit, but against lowly opposition. Their very physical, high tempo game is to be commended, but whilst Barca are technically superior to Juve, they lack the spirit and tenacity which Celtic seemed shocked to find in our ranks. Juve can and will fight, and are happy, joyful even, to get in the gutter and scrap like street dogs...Its this that I concluded upset Lennon so much. He was naively expecting us to be as flimsy as the spaniards. To batter us into submission with his muscular thugs. Unfortunately for Albino Goblin, Hooper and the Hoops, we know how to go to war.

It makes sense to see Pogba, although I am hesitant about Isla's involvement, for he is yet to gain match sharpness...Still, I doubt he could put in an Ambrose performance and will give us a technical edge on the right flank going forward.

I will post my Strikers Analysis on the FanPost area, just for others to comment on my own view of our forward line...It won't happen, but I would play Quags and Matri, or Quags and Giovinco.
Buffon
Isla Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini Peluso
Pogba Pirlo Marchisio
Matri Giovinco
(is what I expect to see)

Momentum is important, and our cause in the league is better served by putting out a team which should win with ease, continuing the winning momentum towards Catania at the weekend.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
These rats will play all their dirty cards to ensure qualification. Just end them soon and field a strong starting 11.

Just by lennon words about how they wil treat the referee.. you know with which kind of mentility this losers are coming to turin.

viking1897

Oct 28, 2012
Juventus squad for Celtic:

1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
6 Pogba
8 Marchisio
9 Vucinic
12 Giovinco
13 Peluso
15 Barzagli
19 Bonucci
20 Padoin
21 Pirlo
22 Asamoah
23 Vidal
24 Giaccherini
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Quagliarella
30 Storari
32 Matri
33 Isla
34 Rubinho
39 Marrone
Anelka? :shifty:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
let's hope conte do not play midgets in this game :scared:
I'm sure Conte is well aware that Celtic's main threat comes from set-pieces, so he is unlikely to field a team that would struggle to stand up to Celtic's physicality in the box.

Could afford to have either Giovinco or Giaccherini in the team, but not both of them in addition to Pirlo.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I'm sure Conte is well aware that Celtic's main threat comes from set-pieces, so he is unlikely to field a team that would struggle to stand up to Celtic's physicality in the box.

Could afford to have either Giovinco or Giaccherini in the team, but not both of them in addition to Pirlo.
Which is why it's a good idea to play Peluso and DC on the edges - Asa in the middle.

Mar 5, 2013
i suspect today will end with draw 1/1 or 0/0

the match which been in glasgow 0/3 for juve Kill the morale of the two teams
i think every player from two teams will play today for end the game in any way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)