[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Celtic (March 6, 2013) (40 Viewers)

MOTM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Matri

• Quagliarella

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Wouldn't expect Celtic to press as much or Juve to allow them as much territory or possession.

I'd expect more of a counter-attacking plan from Celtic, with them trying to get Samaras into the space Lichtsteiner leaves when he moves forward.

Can't imagine that will trouble Barzagli too much.
Yeah, I don't think they will get to have as much possession either eventhough they're clueless with it anyway. in the quotes the guy says napoli game was the same where infact I don't really see the similarities other than the time napoli was looking for the equalizer and the last 15 mins or so which was their last resort and out of desperation for running out of time. They actually sat back and prefered to counter us and waited for a fck up.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
“No one minds physical contact,” said Lennon in today’s Press conference ahead of the second leg tomorrow night.
“I don't want to make a big issue of it, but the players will make the referee aware if it goes on again.
“I'm not taking anything away from Juventus, they deserved to win the game. But I did feel there were parts of the game that Juve should have been punished for, particularly at the corners.
“I watched the Napoli v Juve game the other night and Edinson Cavani was being pulled around quite a bit. We're just looking for the referee to do his job properly, that is all.”
Juventus Coach Antonio Conte joked about Lennon’s protests in his own Press conference today.
“At every corner, there is a Celtic player blocking the goalkeeper. That is systematically a foul as the rulebook says so.
“If Lennon is moaning about referees then he’s ready to work in Italy as everyone moans here. Joking aside, Celtic are doing really well and he is a prepared tactician.”

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Red, your prediction?
A complete non-event of a game in which Juve's progression is never in doubt.

Nothing between a four-goal win for Juve and a one-goal win for Celtic would surprise me, because it's hard to gauge exactly what the mentality of the teams will be going into a game like this.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to make a big issue of it, but the players will make the referee aware if it goes on again.
:howler:

- - - Updated - - -

“At every corner, there is a Celtic player blocking the goalkeeper. That is systematically a foul as the rulebook says so.
:tup:

Exactly why Juve were within their rights to do what they did.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Basically, celtic is the ginger version of barcelona. Dominating their own league because of biased ref protection from their own football association. And then when they come to europe and see the real foorballing and ref standards, they start saying things aint fair.

Imagine a little girl being pampered like a princess at home and then one day grows up and go to school only to realisre that she isnt treated the same way.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventus squad for Celtic:

1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
6 Pogba
8 Marchisio
9 Vucinic
12 Giovinco
13 Peluso
15 Barzagli
19 Bonucci
20 Padoin
21 Pirlo
22 Asamoah
23 Vidal
24 Giaccherini
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Quagliarella
30 Storari
32 Matri
33 Isla
34 Rubinho
39 Marrone

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What makes me laugh is that all of a sudden these scots are sounding a bit soft since after the first leg. Did they expect us to turn up and be bullied. Things they're probably used to or that's how they beat Barca. Here's a reality check for you. We ain't Barca!!!

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Lennon: 'Celtic will complain to ref'

“No one minds physical contact,” said Lennon in today’s Press conference ahead of the second leg tomorrow night.

“I don't want to make a big issue of it, but the players will make the referee aware if it goes on again.

“I'm not taking anything away from Juventus, they deserved to win the game. But I did feel there were parts of the game that Juve should have been punished for, particularly at the corners.

“I watched the Napoli v Juve game the other night and Edinson Cavani was being pulled around quite a bit. We're just looking for the referee to do his job properly, that is all.”

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I thought only cheating Itys complained to the referees? It's hilarious how Celtic have done every little underhanded pathetic move that the british biased media would have you believe Juventus were going to pull before the tie.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Cry me an orange juice river :cry::cry:

Won't be able to watch this one for the same reason, work.

Will have to do what i did last time, download it when i get home and watch it the next day.

Forza JUVE and let's show those Brits how we roll. :juve1:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Ahh the big, tough, strong and brave British/Irish complaining and moaning like little girls to the ref. How cute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)