[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Celtic (March 6, 2013) (42 Viewers)

MOTM?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Pogba

• Matri

• Quagliarella

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Mjallby promises attacking Celtic
By Football Italia staff

Celtic assistant Johan Mjallby has insisted that his side will attack Juventus in their last 16 Champions League tie tomorrow.

The Scottish champions travel to Turin trailing 3-0 from the first leg, and the 42-year-old Coach has claimed that his men will go out and try to win the match on Wednesday.

“We have to defend with more confidence this time,” he told BBC Sport. “We created a lot of chances in the first leg, but we have to be more courageous.

“We need to take the field with the right mentality. We have to use the set piece, because we've been successful in that area.

“We have a mountain to climb, but we believe we can overcome it.

“We'll be more attacking. I watched their game against Napoli and they played the same way as they did against us.

“They limited their opponents, and were again very rough at corners and free kicks. We have to be ready for that.

“I hope the referee is strong if this happens again.

“If this is to be our last European game of the season, then we want to do it in style.”

And so it begins again....

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I love it when players or coaches say how the referee should 'be strong'. It's just another way for them to say how they hope he referees the game how they want to.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
If they score the first goal in the first 15 minutes then we will be facing a nightmare with this b-team formation and arrogant mentality.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Looks like the game is hardly going to be a sell out, I wonder how expensive the tickets were?
Cheapest tickets for anyone not entitled to a youth/kids ticket seems to have been 45 euro.

Not unreasonable for a normal CL game, but pushing when the game is finished before it has started.

Not much that can be done when the ticket prices will have been set before the first game.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Apparently, there were only a couple 100 tickets available yesterday evening. Which is not bad at all.

Then again, there may be quite a few Celtic fans that couldn't get tickets for the visitors stands & ended up getting tickets in the other sectors.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Apparently, there were only a couple 100 tickets available yesterday evening. Which is not bad at all.

Then again, there may be quite a few Celtic fans that couldn't get tickets for the visitors stands & ended up getting tickets in the other sectors.
There will be at least a couple of thousand Celtic fans travelling on top of those who have got away tickets for the away section.

Celtic will then run that figure through the Seville Calculator to claim that they took several million fans to Turin.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
There will be at least a couple of thousand Celtic fans travelling on top of those who have got away tickets for the away section.

Celtic will then run that figure through the Seville Calculator to claim that they took several million fans to Turin.
Looks like all teams' fans have their own, peculiar, calculators. :D

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
If their idea of attack is again put everything forward, spray crosses into the box and try to get as many corners, then they will go out with style alright.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wouldn't expect Celtic to press as much or Juve to allow them as much territory or possession.

I'd expect more of a counter-attacking plan from Celtic, with them trying to get Samaras into the space Lichtsteiner leaves when he moves forward.

Can't imagine that will trouble Barzagli too much.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Wouldn't expect Celtic to press as much or Juve to allow them as much territory or possession.

I'd expect more of a counter-attacking plan from Celtic, with them trying to get Samaras into the space Lichtsteiner leaves when he moves forward.

Can't imagine that will trouble Barzagli too much.
Red, your prediction?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)