[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Oct. 2nd 2012) (86 Viewers)

JUVE 1-1 Shakhtar Man of the Match

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Chiellini

• Will.i.an

Results are only viewable after voting.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
A point vs Chelsea away is the only hope I get ATM! Lets see if Shaktar can get a point vs Chelsea at stamford bridge. There is a chance we would drop points vs Danes.

I don't agree with rotation of strikers every game. Quag was in good form, why bench him in first place? Lets see what our coaches are going to do vs Siena.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
@Alen

lets say we beat Danes both games. Then in the end we draw vs shaktar and chelsea and they get a draw with each other! Same points who goes through. head to head goal difference or overall goal difference?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Really poor showing, both in terms of attitude and organisation.

This game showed a lot of the weaknesses of 3-5-2 I've been banging on about.

3-5-2 against one striker systems is always awkward and you need clear plans on how the spare CB is going to play and Juve didn't seem to have that.

It also wasn't clear what Juve wanted the wingbacks to do defensively, either. The were often left in wide areas basically marking no-one while Juve were being overwhelmed in more central areas.

I hadn't watched Shakhtar for a while before this game, so I don't know if that is there normal pattern of play or if Juve were caught out by them doing something different. I guess that was Shakhtar's normal way of playing, though, which means Conte got the tactics wrong or the players didn't follow the instructions.

I'm also not sure to what extent Juve wanted Shakhtar to have the ball. It is entirely possible Juve were happy for them to have possession, but Juve - accustomed to dominating possession - were then terribly hasty in possession themselves and were not the threat on the break that they ought to have been.

There are games in Serie A where Juve are able to mask a lot of failings by being far more athletic then their opponent, but they couldn't do that against Shakhtar, which is something they are going to have to get used to in the CL.

They've a lot to figure out before the game in Ukraine and not winning last night means they'll almost certainly need to get something out of that game.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If by positive draw you mean we should be happy we didn't lose with that showing i agree. However i would've never agreed to a draw before the game and neither should any of us.
Nevermind i'm pretty sure we'll manage to go through one way or another.

Or maybe a draw if both teams showed great displays of prowess and you could say in the end that it was a rightful draw..

But in the way we played last night... it was a draw with a flavor of a 4-1 defeat. Totally disastorus display in front of our fans.

Wc striker or not.... this kind of performances must be seriously analyzed by the technical staff, because a team of our caliber just cannot do this kind of things at a home game.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
They've a lot to figure out before the game in Ukraine and not winning last night means they'll almost certainly need to get something out of that game.
Yeah, I'd say we need at least a draw in Ukraine or we can kiss the CL goodbye.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
we really need to win both games with the danes , but i hope that after the two games with them we aren't in top of the group , that would make our work much harder

May 22, 2007
The group is in big danger of ending up very similar to the Napoli group last year.

Would be nice if Juve could thump the Danes over both legs for the goal difference.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Shame about the criticism that Lichtsteiner's come in for on here. Practically the whole team was pretty awful on the night, the wing backs had no confidence in bombing forward due to the amount of times that Shakhtar hammered our back three in the first 25 minutes and even defensively when Shakhtar held position Licht and Asa both looked a little lost.

I agree with some of the calls for the 4-3-3 to be brought back but for some reason I just don't see it happening.

JuveBerber

Oct 3, 2012
As a juve fan, I obviously wanted a win but I guess a draw is not bad after all.
Just think about how Bayern lost 3 - 1 and you will feel better... not that it is relevant but still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)