[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Oct. 2nd 2012) (87 Viewers)

JUVE 1-1 Shakhtar Man of the Match

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Chiellini

• Will.i.an

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'm scared that now our group is set up just like the 09-10 CHL group and I hate that we are relying on Chelsea to do work for us since there is little hope of getting a win in Hoth when we play Shaktar in mid December. We've probably just sealed our own fate tonight.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
[video=dailymotion;xu1d69]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu1d69_juventu_auto[/video][video=dailymotion;xu1d4o]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu1d4o_juvenshak_auto[/video]

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Out of our two penalty claims. I would say Matri was a bit more clearer based on the fact that the shaktar defender did held his arm. Ive seen them given, we can complain about it but we didnt do ourself enough justice to even talk about it. The ref was an asshole.
it looked to me like matri was the one to hold his arm , either way that was definetly not a penalty

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Kind of annoying how after giovinco came on bonucci still kept trying to play long balls to him. It can work for vucinic as he's tall and strong, but you may as well just pass to their centrebacks.

Anyone know what that drop ball was for?

Sky commentators were terrible, saying ref heavily favoured us and then something along the lines of 'what's new'.

Stadium was disappointing too, I hope they revise ticket prices for the next cl games.
Yeah I heard that too the cunts! :(

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'm scared that now our group is set up just like the 09-10 CHL group and I hate that we are relying on Chelsea to do work for us since there is little hope of getting a win in Hoth when we play Shaktar in mid December. We've probably just sealed our own fate tonight.
Once again :agree:
Chelsea won't beat Shaktar twice. I can see us dropping points to the Danes as well due to the pressure.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
:cronios: I can see our next two CL games being even more frustating maybe a win and a draw. A win against shaktar at their ground and maybe a draw against chelsea.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
you think so ?

Lots of juve players are accustomed to playing in cold temperatures.

Shaktar is supposed to be even better at it, yet their keyplayers are all brazillian. They will play less in the cold.

We go there, after 2 games versus the danes, whilst they got chelsea two times. Pretty certain we should be ahead in the table so they are forced to control the game

I think, we'll do better then we did today

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Shakhtar deserved the win, they had the more clear cut chances and zipped the ball around with more vigour and crispness than us, we sucked, simple as that.

If Asamoah is going to continue to play like this at LWB we are going to need to buy a new one, I am getting very annoyed with him getting so far up the pitch than turning backwards or passing the ball sideways.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Our team is tired. It's as simple as that. Why did pirlo have to play the full 90 minutes against roma? He should have been off at half considering it was already 3-0, and that we had an important CL game mid-week. Pirlo and vidal need to be rested against siena. Marrone and lucio should also play in the defense. I know that's alot of changes to a line-up but it's what needs to be done.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why are we talking about Juve penalties? Shakhtar had a 100% penalty foul on Tito Jackson not given, which would also have been a red for Lichtsteiner.

Not sure where the ref was from, but he was shite.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You people need to sTop blaming individuals. This is the second time in a week that the team has been a collective failure. I said this in preseason, that the intensity just isn't the same as it was last year, and for me at least, it seems like the function of the 352. The problems start at the back, with the defense so stretched, it's much harder for Pirlo whether he's man marked or not. It doesn't allow him to get into the game in a manner wherein he can impose himself. That has a domino effect on the team's movement as a whole. Because what ends up happening, is that the team is basically just dropping energy chasing lost balls. That's a large reason why we weren't able to hold possession today, because Pirlo was stretched. Marchisio's individual brilliance has been coming to the fore beautifully the last few games but again, like Vucinic, he's going to be running out of gas soon enough if not rested. I thought it was a huge mistake to start Matri alongside Vucinic seeing the nature of the opposition, I'd have gone with one of Gio or Quags, both of whom came on late in the second half dealing without he same dire situation Matri and Vuci did for thte early part of the first half. A stretched defense going long, and a tired mid with no wing backs pressing any play. In the overall analysis, my feeling ism, that we misread the game from the get go and in a typical Italian way underestimated the opponents. We thought 4-1 against Roma would mean a sleepwalk past Shaktar at home. Glad they proved us wrong, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that we are out of this just yet. Still early days. Long way to go, with multiple possibilities including a win in Ukraine. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)