[Champions League] Frozen Kebab 1-0 JUVENTUS (Dec. 11th 2013) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Thing is, we went through a patch of terrible form in the early stages of this season and it has come back to haunt us big time. It was in this period we drew in Copenhagen and messed up against Gala at home. We're actually in great shape right now, so it's heartbreaking to crash out with this being the case. I think we could've made a real impact in the knockout stages.

Today's "performance" wasn't bad by any means, but it was terribly difficult to play football in these conditions. Poor form early on in the season and particular circumstances in this match cost us. But mostly the former, of course.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dude. FFS stop calling it luck, and blaming our profligacy on misfortune. You create your own fucking luck. We were pathetic, and dropped points in games we should've won. End of. Luck has NOTHING to do with it. I'm sick of these pussy excuses.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
You say luck

I say horrible finishing

You say luck

I say terrible defensive errors

You say luck

I say 1 win in 6 games.

I'm pretty sure Juve weren't being stalked by a bad luck demon every time we stepped foot in the CL. Luck would be Oscars deflected goal Vs us

Not getting 5 points from 4 games against vastly inferior opposition who were also in awful domestic form.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We have big problems. Apart from not being as good as everyone thinks we are, this team is simply not cut out for European competition on multiple levels. It will always go back to the outdated tactics and mentality that this side has shown throughout the years, reverting back to the "safe bet." Just like under Capello, you can't play like crap every game and hope to be successful. It works in a garbage league like Serie A, but that's about it.

But who knows, perhaps Berardi and Zaza will take us to the next level.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We have big problems. Apart from not being as good as everyone thinks we are, this team is simply not cut out for European competition on multiple levels. It will always go back to the outdated tactics and mentality that this side has shown throughout the years, reverting back to the "safe bet." Just like under Capello, you can't play like crap every game and hope to be successful. It works in a garbage league like Serie A, but that's about it.

But who knows, perhaps Berardi and Zaza will take us to the next level.
+Rep When you aren't rambling like a lunatic, you present some solid points :D

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Dude. FFS stop calling it luck, and blaming our profligacy on misfortune. You create your own $#@!ing luck. We were pathetic, and dropped points in games we should've won. End of. Luck has NOTHING to do with it. I'm sick of these pussy excuses.
First 17 shots on target and dominating the match.. Then a 2-2 in the last iffing second while dominating the second half.. Then an unfair red card while playing better overall.. Then CR scores making us pay for the first mistake we make (martin's pass) (think how many teams don't pay till the 3ed or 4th mistake) in a match where we also played very well in the first half but Iker was a god then.. Then a win.. Then when we had a chance to redeem and were in our best form, game stops and we play somewhere you can't even pass the ball to your teammate..

Only out of respect I won't say that word that makes you sick..

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Formation is a problem, nobody can convince me otherwise. You just can't be fielding a team where your CB plays as an attacker (Not a very good one at that) your wing-backs who can't dribble or cross are asked to play like wingers, you have no attacking midfielder to link $#@! up and 2 isolated strikers. It's fkn stupid

Attitude is also a problem, I can't put into words how badly we flopped this season. Teams who on paper wouldn't make much of a contribution to our bench have played 3 times as good as we have.
Exactly. I don't get why some don't see it. We can't string 4 passes in CL. We lack proper balance in formation and players we put on the field.

352 got us eliminated at the quarters last year.

It got us eliminated at the group stages this year.

But it's not the formation. :touched:
This.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
+Rep When you aren't rambling like a lunatic, you present some solid points :D
I always present solid points. People just dislike them. ;)

Complaining after a bad result and criticizing the players and the manager? No no no, that is for plastic fans and Arsenal fans. Lets forget about it and focus on what we have in hand .
... which are our 48 meter COCCKS?!

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Against well organised European teams, even ones who have a piss poor defensive record, we look so toothless in attack.

It's obviously not the personel, players half as good as ours seem to be able to smash goals past Gala and Copenhagen. It's the system

I won't yet again list all of the faults with 3-5-2 but if I could pick one thing i'd like to hear Conte explain it would be why we field an extra CB only to have said CB join our attacks. First of all, the CB is obviosuly going to be shit in the final 3rd, 2nd of all. If you want an extra man up there, why a CB?

Might aswell play 3-5-1-1 just to fit Storari in behind the striker.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Formation is a problem, nobody can convince me otherwise. You just can't be fielding a team where your CB plays as an attacker (Not a very good one at that) your wing-backs who can't dribble or cross are asked to play like wingers, you have no attacking midfielder to link $#@! up and 2 isolated strikers. It's fkn stupid

Attitude is also a problem, I can't put into words how badly we flopped this season. Teams who on paper wouldn't make much of a contribution to our bench have played 3 times as good as we have.
Against well organised European teams, even ones who have a piss poor defensive record, we look so toothless in attack.

It's obviously not the personel, players half as good as ours seem to be able to smash goals past Gala and Copenhagen. It's the system

I won't yet again list all of the faults with 3-5-2 but if I could pick one thing i'd like to hear Conte explain it would be why we field an extra CB only to have said CB join our attacks. First of all, the CB is obviosuly going to be $#@! in the final 3rd, 2nd of all. If you want an extra man up there, why a CB?

Might aswell play 3-5-1-1 just to fit Storari in behind the striker.
This. + rep

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Good to see that people share my concerns

Hearing commentators on our game is pretty upsetting :lol:

They first talk about how bad our oppositions defensive records are, then they proceed to hype Tevez & Co. up, then they just sit there in utter disbelief as our team fail to create more than 2 clear cut chances in 90 minutes against teams fresh from being humiliated in their own league.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Still in pain because the whole Europe is laughing at us atm, but you know what, it's a golden opportunity for the board to look at where we are in Europe and strengthen the team for next years. By that I mean both new quality players and correct mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)