[Champions League] Frozen Kebab 1-0 JUVENTUS (Dec. 11th 2013) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
At the end of the day, we are rebuilding financially and this is a roadbump in our rebuilding. This is a wake up call to Conte concerning his tactics in Europe. Not based off this match specifically but the matches against the "mighty" Danes that should've been guaranteed wins. You don't see Bayern lose to Danes. You don't see Man United lose to Danes. You won't see Real Madrid lose to Danes. Period.

We thought we were closer than we truly were and, for that, maybe spending some time in the Europa League will help us refocus, get experience for our club, and give Conte more experience against weaker European competition. End of the day, we didn't deserve to advance and, for that, we should take this failing for what it's worth and hope Conte can see what doesn't work as we move forward.

FORZA JUVE!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Having only needed to draw fucked us in the end, but not in the typical way we might expect. It's better to sit and keep possession if you are playing for a draw, but you can't keep possession on that pitch. GS played percentage stuff suited to the pitch, but that worked better for them as they were actually attacking. We were trying to attack whilst not really committing anyone from midfield, so either we hoofed the ball to Llorente and our play fizzled out, or we tried to play our passing game and it broke up on the pitch.

Lots of ifs and buts, but eventually they were going to get at least one great chance with little we could do about it, they had two, and one was expertly finished off. It couldn't have gone better for Sneijder, the annoying little cunt.

Stahn

Sep 19, 2006
操他妈的.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...
$#@!
with just 5 mins to go.
I am just so sad and frustrated.
Serie A champion.
I prefer this game won rather that additional third star on our jersey.
so meaningless.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This season is already a fail in my book. CL elimination at the group stage to a far inferior team is inexcusable. Money and prestige lost, but apparently Serie A is harder to win than the CL :howler:

Winning the Serie A title will not be sufficient enough. Conte is good on the local scale, but in Europe we need someone with guts and ideas, not this shit we have been displaying.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'm not blaming the 3-5-2 for this game, i'm blaming it for all those shit performances in the first legs.

You can't go out with no attacking midfielder, wing-backs who can't cross and a decent but not exceptional strike partnership and expect to do much.

No creativity outside of Pirlo, no wing-threat despite so many of our plays going through the wing backs and no striker that can really take the game by the balls in the CL and make shit happen

FFS Quagliarella is our best CL striker currently.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
i said to stop complaining about the weather as if we were the only ones suffering from it. Ignoring the conditions altogether would be beyond idiotic. I accept this result but i dont fault our players or coach.
Look at the whole pitch again. It was our attacking third that was bogged the most except for the left wing, so we suffered when attacking while their attacking third weren't bad at all.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Serie A I think is in Crisis. I doubt very much that Napoli will pull off a miracle against Arsenal and Milan are prone to scr*w up at any time. I think I am following the wrong league. When the strongest team in the league, Juventus, struggles so hard to beat teams like Copenhagen and Galatasaray you know there is something wrong.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Chelsea last season went for EL and won, they also played European Supercup.

It's just that this loss will fuck us in the long term - financially. Expect one transfer in the winter and summer Mercato combined. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring anyone at all. :facepalm2:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
3-5-2 can go and f*cking die slowly in a dark corner somewhere. All it's done in Europe is give teams a f*cking blueprint on how to stop us

I'd happily drop one of Llorente or Tevez in Europe to accomodate a better system, it's not like they're fkn Trezeguet and ADP, they should not be untouchable.
the irony is that gala used the same system and won. tactics are not an issue

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We better go hard after the Europa League - don't be soft Conte! We were expected to be playing UCL after this point, so some Europa games instead will build the confidence and momentum of the team for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)