Champions League draw (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I hope we could secure qualification before our trip to Keiv ...

It would've been better to start with a home game, but am still looking forward to Feynoord-Juve, I think a draw will be good ...

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I hope we could secure qualification before our trip to Keiv ...
Well obviously, if we've played so poorly so that it rests on the last game then we shouldn't have much hope for the rest of the European season.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
My Predictions:

1.At least one ITalian Team will not make it to Pahse 2.

Which one remians to be seen

2. It would largely suprise me if more Italian Teams made it to Phase 2 then Dutch.

3. Dortmund and Bayern are on the rise after a good season by the first anbd big signsings by the second. Bayer might however encounter some problems since they have lost several key players.

4. Playerwise it is the 4 Strongest Sides in ITaly that are entering Champions League this year. Tactically and mentally Italians still have great difficulty in Europe (just look on SLovan Liberec) Subbing in Rivaldo and the other striker not managing to score any goals.

5. Spain will be strong this year too cremme della Cremme of Beunos Aires will show that.

6. Real Madrid will not go for they have no new hungry signings. their team is full of former superstars who all dissapointed in the World Cup (R Carlos being the exception) and an early Phase A/B exit will be the probable upset of the Torunament.

7. Eastern Europe is beginning to flex their muscles in this tournament however this will be a probable middle year for them. None of the Greats Loco, Spartak, Dynamo are on optimal form.

8. At least one dutch side will make it to the last 8. And one Italian Side too (well the latter I am not so sure about)

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
I was just making my own preparations! :D Rotterdam, here I come!!! :extatic:

DJ - Leverkusen has lost it's best players to Bayern München over the transfer period and I don't expect them to do well!
will you watch all 3 games or just the Juve

where in Holland do you live?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
7. Eastern Europe is beginning to flex their muscles in this tournament however this will be a probable middle year for them. None of the Greats Loco, Spartak, Dynamo are on optimal form.
Spartak will make it. They always do.. :D

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
(on SPartak)
They were however recently close to loosing the Leauge which they always win

So Romantsev choose to fire half of the squad and has begun rebuilding........

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002

6. Real Madrid will not go for they have no new hungry signings. their team is full of former superstars who all dissapointed in the World Cup (R Carlos being the exception) and an early Phase A/B exit will be the probable upset of the Torunament.
interesting prediction,
I agree, It could very well happen.
there were signs that their form was seriously waining during the latter part of CL last year.
They didn't impress in the final and it was only due to some Zidane magic (the man who probably desired to win it the most) that they ended up taking the trophy home with them.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
They have to many off form games

if they wouldn't of won CL last year Del Bosque would of probably ended up fired....

If these off form guys hit their CL a bit more frequentley they are as sure as out............

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #53
    will you watch all 3 games or just the Juve

where in Holland do you live?
    I will live in The Hague at the time of the match - only 15 minutes from Rotterdam if I take the TGV (high speed train -> 300 km/h)! :cool:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #54
    As I said in the thread about this in the matches section

Holland will stunn Europe this Year

It Will be the Dutch INvasion
    I really hope you're right! Especially since the NT isn't producing anything worth talking about...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)