[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (61 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
This game was great, both teams played very well. We were unlucky to waste our chances (Marchisio and Vucinic) and to concede a goal as first. Second goal was stunning. I was shocked but I knew we would score at least one goal. Vidal was MVP for me, after him I'd place Marchisio and Chiellini.

We showed great spirit and were competitive against CL champs on their stadium. We were too slow with the ball often playing it back, when we should attack (especially after successful tackles when we got the ball back). It's good we don't throw it away, but we need to play faster to be a real top team in CL.

I admit I almost lost my hope when Carrera changed Giovinco and let Quag play. I was like "Giovinco is bad today, but what Quag could do if he can't score a goal against middle-table Serie A teams". I'm glad proved me wrong, when he scored I got up from my chair just like Conte :D

I was really impressed by Lichtsteiner who made Hazard his bitch. He wasn't good enough going forward, but what he did to Hazard was awesome.

It's been visible that we lack CL experience as we don't face many great teams in Serie A, where only garbagetown could be considered as CL-worthy team. I guess on JS we will be more comfortable so we have a good chance of getting 1st place which would be great.

Great match and great we're back I think we can finally say it :D :juventus:

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Redknapp mispronounced Bonucci and Barzagli, in fact he wasn't all that sure who the other 2 CB's were besides Chiellini whom he called a monster. He had to think about it and ask the other 2 for confirmation. He mispronounced Marchisio like already mentioned. I'm pretty sure it was also him who mispronounced Vidal's name as well. At which point Souness asks if he's a Chilean player. :sergio: Vucinic was also mispronounced by somebody. And the best was Souness calling Buffon....Baffoon!!
Jamie 'literally' Redknapp is a terrible pundit. I feel almost sorry for him, just seems like a simple guy without a clue as to how naive he is.

Souness annoys me more as a lot of people rave about how good a pundit he is. It's simply because he has no fear and is straight talking and people like that. The problem is he seems to lack the knowledge of anything outside the EPL. I think he's bitter towards Serie A teams after all the problems he had as a player here. It's also hard to listen to his views, often hypocritical, and coming from a man who flopped as a manager - he's way to smug and arrogant.

It's slim pickings in terms of punditry in the UK i'm afraid. I think some people prefer Sky because they compare it to the eternally awful ITV, or the plain old BBC with Shearer and Co.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Redknapp is a truly terrible pundit. Everyone is "ever so good" and anything outside the big English teams is a mystery to him (more so than it is to other British pundits even).

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:D

My favourite pundits on British or Irish TV are actually Eamon Dunphy and co on RTE. I think their antics are fairly well known in the UK too. At least they can be entertaining at times and are opinionated. Even if those opinions are hopelessly ill-informed. They trot out the same lines about the same players every time they cover a match they're involved in. Sergio Ramos is "a head banger, Bill". Ronaldo "does things that a great player does, but does things that a great player would never do", or something.

Eamon is the Spanish "expert" because he watched La Liga on Sky Sports once. Liam Brady is the Italian expert for obvious reasons, but he can't seem to pronounce the simplest of Italian names and only knows about the players that Arsenal have tried to sign at some point. John Giles is constantly referred to as "the senior analyst" and the others must bow to his superior knowledge, even though he hasn't the faintest idea who most modern players are.

It's great when they get the likes of Didi Hamman or Ossie Ardiles in the studio for international tournaments. They never know what's just hit them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There are very few worth listening to.

Gullit and Marcotti are decent enough.

Gary Neville is okay so long as it is an EPL game.

Chris 'pelenty' Waddle is actually good, despite his accent and inability to say 'penalty'. :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:disagree:

Redknapp is a top, top, top, top, top, top, top pundit.
:lol::lol:

There are very few worth listening to.

Gullit and Marcotti are decent enough.

Gary Neville is okay so long as it is an EPL game.

Chris 'pelenty' Waddle is actually good, despite his accent and inability to say 'penalty'. :D
Neville was good, they had that broadcast here on TV. Though I watched BBC for the Italy vs England euro game and the commentators were fucking biased as shit.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009

Neville was good, they had that broadcast here on TV. Though I watched BBC for the Italy vs England euro game and the commentators were fucking biased as shit.

Not sure if you speak Italian, but have you ever seen an Italy game on Rai/Sky?

It's beyond biased. They actually use "noi" as the verb tense (meaning "we") when talking about the game.

However, being an Italy fan, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Neville was good, they had that broadcast here on TV. Though I watched BBC for the Italy vs England euro game and the commentators were $#@!ing biased as $#@!.
Don't blame them for that. When NT is playing it's hard to be unbiased.

:D

My favourite pundits on British or Irish TV are actually Eamon Dunphy and co on RTE. I think their antics are fairly well known in the UK too. At least they can be entertaining at times and are opinionated. Even if those opinions are hopelessly ill-informed. They trot out the same lines about the same players every time they cover a match they're involved in. Sergio Ramos is "a head banger, Bill". Ronaldo "does things that a great player does, but does things that a great player would never do", or something.

Eamon is the Spanish "expert" because he watched La Liga on Sky Sports once. Liam Brady is the Italian expert for obvious reasons, but he can't seem to pronounce the simplest of Italian names and only knows about the players that Arsenal have tried to sign at some point. John Giles is constantly referred to as "the senior analyst" and the others must bow to his superior knowledge, even though he hasn't the faintest idea who most modern players are.

It's great when they get the likes of Didi Hamman or Ossie Ardiles in the studio for international tournaments. They never know what's just hit them.
Well I've watched Italy-England on Rai and Italian commentator through out the whole game got players names wrong: Damiano De Rossi, Cicci Buffon, Andrea Balzaretti, Mario Prandelli, and I won't even mention England players. I couldn't stop laughing whenever he spoke.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Not sure if you speak Italian, but have you ever seen an Italy game on Rai/Sky?

It's beyond biased. They actually use "noi" as the verb tense (meaning "we") when talking about the game.

However, being an Italy fan, I wouldn't have it any other way.
The difference is they were making jokes and insulting the Italian players a few times, that's what I mean by biased, not just supporting England.

May 22, 2007
There's nothing wrong with supporting them in commentary, but when they come up with funny shit then they deserve the ridicule.

Foot in Mouth Time!

Watching the quarter-final, last night, between England and Italy, you just knew fate had been tempted.

The moment the BBC commentator called Allesandro Diamanti a West Ham reject, you just knew those words would come back to haunt him.

And so they did!

With the two Ashley`s, Young and Cole, having missed their spot-kicks in the penalty shoot out, who was it who stepped up to hit that dramatic winner from the penalty spot?

Yes, you`ve guessed it - Allesandro Diamante!

Read more: http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=285502#ixzz27CHJymPg
I was very tempted to correct all the spelling errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)