[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (50 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It was penalty as Barzagli tackled him from behind. Something like our penalty against Genoa. But the end result was fair.
In CL referees won't give penalties easily. If anybody have seen incident in Dinamo-Porto. It was clear penalty but referee didn't award it.
Unless you are Man Utd, of course.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Well, that was a weird experience. After the game I was somewhat disappointed, as I felt there was more to get from the game than only a draw, but considering we went down 2-0, it's a satisfying result.

A few people have already mentioned it and I agree we didn't play up to our usual standard last night, but a Champions League game against the current title holder in London will do that to you I guess. We surrendered possession far too easily on certain occasions with quite a few really really easy passes going wrong getting us in trouble. Both Vidal and Pirlo had a period of just misplacing 10-20 meter passes, I just couldn't believe my eyes.

In the end though, coming back from 2-0 shows great strength and surely we will take some confidence from this game, which, hopefully, we can take in to our next CL game and be 'ourselves' more. We've not been this ready for CHL in a loooooong time, I really hope we properly mark our return to the big boys this year. I eagerly await our home game against Shakhtar in 2 weeks..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone got a video of juve-fans outchanting the drunken englishmen?ctive!
That's the problem, you don't get 'drunken' type regular fans go to these games anymore, because the tickets are extortionate and reserved for prawn sandwich fans. A 'theatre' sit-and-watch culture has engulfed the top sides in the PL, and even further down.

Our fans were impressive, but don't expect a vocal challenge from the big English teams on their home grounds, only when they travel.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Anyone got a video of juve-fans outchanting the drunken englishmen?

I simply love the: "ooooooooohhoooooohoooooooh aaaaahaaaahaaaaaah" (lol) But you get what i mean? Its simple and effective!
Yep, I love that chant.

One side chants "Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh" and then the other side chants "Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala"...

EDIT: Here is that chant from the Coppa Italia back in May. Watch from 6:00 onwards :D

May 22, 2007
But in this situation I think 10 points won't be enough as I expect every team to beat Nordsomething.
Then you have to wonder what Shakhtar can realistically expect from the games against Chelsea and Juventus. I haven't seen them in a while but looking at their squad, on paper they don't really match up. We'll know a lot more when they come to Juventus Stadium in a couple of weeks.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Then you have to wonder what Shakhtar can realistically expect from the games against Chelsea and Juventus. I haven't seen them in a while but looking at their squad, on paper they don't really match up. We'll know a lot more when they come to Juventus Stadium in a couple of weeks.
Shakhtar will be very dangerous and I would be more than happy with 4 points against them. I know they've got some talented players like Willian, Srna, Eduardo and more.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Near took a heart attack last night, was watching Sky Sports after the game and all the Sky pundits giving us tons of credit, with Graeme Souness leading the pack, never seen anything like it, usually with Sky they cant wait to stick it to Italian clubs, Souness even said we could turn anyone over in the CL this season, very professional outfit he called us.

Who drugged that man? :lol:

Also lost all respect for Gianluca Vialli, he can go fuck himself.

May 22, 2007
Near took a heart attack last night, was watching Sky Sports after the game and all the Sky pundits giving us tons of credit, with Graeme Souness leading the pack, never seen anything like it, usually with Sky they cant wait to stick it to Italian clubs, Souness even said we could turn anyone over in the CL this season, very professional outfit he called us.

Also lost all respect for Gianluca Vialli, he can go fuck himself.
Didn't he just tell the truth?

May 22, 2007
Shakhtar will be very dangerous and I would be more than happy with 4 points against them. I know they've got some talented players like Willian, Srna, Eduardo and more.
From what I recall in Europe they're not really afraid of any team and they have a lot of experience (won the UEFA Cup IIRC). Oh, and they can be effective from the flanks quite often, so we'll see if they try to counter the three man defense.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Also lost all respect for Gianluca Vialli, he can go $#@! himself.
What did he say?
From what I recall in Europe they're not really afraid of any team and they have a lot of experience (won the UEFA Cup IIRC). Oh, and they can be effective from the flanks quite often, so we'll see if they try to counter the three man defense.
They'll definitely be tricky opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)