[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (49 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well, we and Chelsea are supposed to be defensive wise football and a boring and prolly goaless mstch was expected.
They have better material playing home, but we have form and morale.
Both teams lack real finishers and the press concluded this high profile game will be a boring draw.
So there was some hype from our part, that we are different and we shall play more offensively.
Personally, i never fall into that hype, i wasnt expecting Chelsea to be weak. Like always, i am happy to get a draw away vs the strongest team and hopefully a win home.
Thats what i bet.
I was sceptical about our finishing and bonucci.
Bonucci was sub par, like always and conveded the first corner very early. There i knew that we will be dominated and have a tough night.
I really couldnt see vucinic or giovinco scoring and bonucci avoiding to commit his usual fatal mistake.
So i was expecting us to concede sooner or later.
Unfortunately it came too soon and too easy for them.
Imo most of our players had a bad game.
Bonucci, was as bad as always, pirlo heavily outrun, chiellini sloppy as hell, giovinco completely outclassed and vucinic isolated and hopeless when shooting.
Asamoah was trying really hard and personally i am pleased from his overall performance, because he was very solid defensively. Marchisio was the best imo, he was very calm and methodic, an example to follow. Vidal at moments was even better, but he strained a muscle and at moments he dissapeared.
Chelsea was controlling the game, kept us back and secured the lead. We were outrun and outmuscled, while we were struggling to change more than a couple of passes.
Our counters were slow and predictable.
But chelsea could not keep that pace forever.
Vidal returned the favor and we were progressively given more ground, as they where still trying to defend their lead and try to exploit our lack of finishers.
And then, the right man came at the right moment and imo robbed them of a lazy victory.
I sincerely am more than pleased with that result, as i spend more than 45 min hoping that they wont crash with 3-0 and affect our morale in Italy as well.
With this result, we lost no ground and enforced the unbeaten myth.
This is not italy, you cannot expect bunocci to escape despite hiss brainfarts and vucinic to score after missing countless sitters.
Howver, we somehow stil have managed to find our way to the back of the net, twice!
For that i am really happy, as i feared that we are going to pay this marotta failure very dearly.
If we can score 2 vs chelsea, at their home, then we can score vs everyone!
:tup:

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Well, we and Chelsea are supposed to be defensive wise football and a boring and prolly goaless mstch was expected.
They have better material playing home, but we have form and morale.
Both teams lack real finishers and the press concluded this high profile game will be a boring draw.
So there was some hype from our part, that we are different and we shall play more offensively.
Personally, i never fall into that hype, i wasnt expecting Chelsea to be weak. Like always, i am happy to get a draw away vs the strongest team and hopefully a win home.
Thats what i bet.
I was sceptical about our finishing and bonucci.
Bonucci was sub par, like always and conveded the first corner very early. There i knew that we will be dominated and have a tough night.
I really couldnt see vucinic or giovinco scoring and bonucci avoiding to commit his usual fatal mistake.
So i was expecting us to concede sooner or later.
Unfortunately it came too soon and too easy for them.
Imo most of our players had a bad game.
Bonucci, was as bad as always, pirlo heavily outrun, chiellini sloppy as hell, giovinco completely outclassed and vucinic isolated and hopeless when shooting.
Asamoah was trying really hard and personally i am pleased from his overall performance, because he was very solid defensively. Marchisio was the best imo, he was very calm and methodic, an example to follow. Vidal at moments was even better, but he strained a muscle and at moments he dissapeared.
Chelsea was controlling the game, kept us back and secured the lead. We were outrun and outmuscled, while we were struggling to change more than a couple of passes.
Our counters were slow and predictable.
But chelsea could not keep that pace forever.
Vidal returned the favor and we were progressively given more ground, as they where still trying to defend their lead and try to exploit our lack of finishers.
And then, the right man came at the right moment and imo robbed them of a lazy victory.
I sincerely am more than pleased with that result, as i spend more than 45 min hoping that they wont crash with 3-0 and affect our morale in Italy as well.
With this result, we lost no ground and enforced the unbeaten myth.
This is not italy, you cannot expect bunocci to escape despite hiss brainfarts and vucinic to score after missing countless sitters.
Howver, we somehow stil have managed to find our way to the back of the net, twice!
For that i am really happy, as i feared that we are going to pay this marotta failure very dearly.
If we can score 2 vs chelsea, at their home, then we can score vs everyone!

what is torres inyour opinion ?

londonjun

Sep 19, 2012
HI ALL, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, THOUGHT I BEEN A JUVE FAN FOR SOMETIME.

HAD THE CHANCE TO WATCH THIS GAME BECAUSE I WORK IN WEST LONDON, I USUALLY GO TO WATCH CHELSEA WHENEVER THERE IS A HOME GAME.:)

JUST CAME BACK FROM THE MATCH, SOME THOUGHTS:

VIDAL IS A CLASS ACT. GOAL LOOKED EASY BUT IT'S A STRIKER'S FINISH. PIRLO SOMEHOW HAD A AVERAGE GAME. :(

GIO HAD A FRUSTRATING GAME.

VUCINIC PLAYED IMPORTANT ROLE THIS GAME, HOLDS THE BALL, CALM AND SMART, NICE TOUCHES AND PASSES THROUGH OUT THE GAME.

QUAG'S GOAL IS SO EPIC, BEAT OFFSIDE TRAP AND THROUGH THE LEGS OF CECH

WILL UPLOAD SOME PICS LATER IF POSSIBLE

FORZA JUVE.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
HI ALL, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, THOUGHT I BEEN A JUVE FAN FOR SOMETIME.

HAD THE CHANCE TO WATCH THIS GAME BECAUSE I WORK IN WEST LONDON, I USUALLY GO TO WATCH CHELSEA WHENEVER THERE IS A HOME GAME.:)

JUST CAME BACK FROM THE MATCH, SOME THOUGHTS:

VIDAL IS A CLASS ACT. GOAL LOOKED EASY BUT IT'S A STRIKER'S FINISH. PIRLO SOMEHOW HAD A AVERAGE GAME. :(

GIO HAD A FRUSTRATING GAME.

VUCINIC PLAYED IMPORTANT ROLE THIS GAME, HOLDS THE BALL, CALM AND SMART, NICE TOUCHES AND PASSES THROUGH OUT THE GAME.

QUAG'S GOAL IS SO EPIC, BEAT OFFSIDE TRAP AND THROUGH THE LEGS OF CECH

WILL UPLOAD SOME PICS LATER IF POSSIBLE

FORZA JUVE.
Welcome.

Take it easy on the Caps Lock.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
[video=metacafe;9130509/conte_durante_chelsea_juventus/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9130509/conte_durante_chelsea_juventus/[/video]
Mister's celebration is always the best!
Thanks to @francescocalcio at twitter for the vid..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)