[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (60 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Great match by Juve. Chelsea got a bit lucky with the first goal but we totally dominated the second half. Almost won it, that shot from quags that hit the bar.... I jumped of my seat almost screaming goooooa....

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The reaction of the English pundits is hilarious, how they didn't expect us to be that good.

"Who is this Markoosio? Great player" "That Vidal....what is he Chilian? Excellent"

Great to be back, shame we didn't manage to get the win

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good performance from Juve.

Took a while to settle, but that was understandable.

Really should have been ahead with the chances Marchisio and Vucinic had at 0-0. Neither was easy, but at least one of them really ought to have done better.

First goal was Chelsea was just unfortunate. Second goal was brilliant, even if Juve should have closed Oscar down better.

Juve did well to maintain their composure, understand that they were unlucky to be behind and just keep playing their game.

Thought Juve's back three was very good, particularly Chiellini, who really was excellent. There aren't many in the world better than him when he's in that mood.

Vidal and Marchisio both had good games, which was vital given that Chelsea did well to limit Pirlo's involvement.

Vucinic was great in the first half, other than his missed chance.

I don't know if Giovinco played as he was asked to, but he really needs to drift into the channels more to find space. Too crowded in the centre and it's pretty easy for the big CBs to muscle him out of the way.

Chelsea really offered very little. There were a couple of dangerous moments in the first half when the ball dropped in the box from set-pieces, but can only recall Mata's shot into the side netting as a genuine chance that they created.

John Terry. :rofl:

Only real criticism of Juve has to be that they had to create so many chances to get the two goals, but that's an ongoing issue everyone is aware of.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I can only assume Gio was told to play like that. It didn't make sense. He started drifting out wide in the end and managed to create. Odd that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well, we and Chelsea are supposed to be defensive wise football and a boring and prolly goaless mstch was expected.
They have better material playing home, but we have form and morale.
Both teams lack real finishers and the press concluded this high profile game will be a boring draw.
So there was some hype from our part, that we are different and we shall play more offensively.
Personally, i never fall into that hype, i wasnt expecting Chelsea to be weak. Like always, i am happy to get a draw away vs the strongest team and hopefully a win home.
Thats what i bet.
I was sceptical about our finishing and bonucci.
Bonucci was sub par, like always and conveded the first corner very early. There i knew that we will be dominated and have a tough night.
I really couldnt see vucinic or giovinco scoring and bonucci avoiding to commit his usual fatal mistake.
So i was expecting us to concede sooner or later.
Unfortunately it came too soon and too easy for them.
Imo most of our players had a bad game.
Bonucci, was as bad as always, pirlo heavily outrun, chiellini sloppy as hell, giovinco completely outclassed and vucinic isolated and hopeless when shooting.
Asamoah was trying really hard and personally i am pleased from his overall performance, because he was very solid defensively. Marchisio was the best imo, he was very calm and methodic, an example to follow. Vidal at moments was even better, but he strained a muscle and at moments he dissapeared.
Chelsea was controlling the game, kept us back and secured the lead. We were outrun and outmuscled, while we were struggling to change more than a couple of passes.
Our counters were slow and predictable.
But chelsea could not keep that pace forever.
Vidal returned the favor and we were progressively given more ground, as they where still trying to defend their lead and try to exploit our lack of finishers.
And then, the right man came at the right moment and imo robbed them of a lazy victory.
I sincerely am more than pleased with that result, as i spend more than 45 min hoping that they wont crash with 3-0 and affect our morale in Italy as well.
With this result, we lost no ground and enforced the unbeaten myth.
This is not italy, you cannot expect bunocci to escape despite hiss brainfarts and vucinic to score after missing countless sitters.
Howver, we somehow stil have managed to find our way to the back of the net, twice!
For that i am really happy, as i feared that we are going to pay this marotta failure very dearly.
If we can score 2 vs chelsea, at their home, then we can score vs everyone!

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Well, we and Chelsea are supposed to be defensive wise football and a boring and prolly goaless mstch was expected.
They have better material playing home, but we have form and morale.
Both teams lack real finishers and the press concluded this high profile game will be a boring draw.
So there was some hype from our part, that we are different and we shall play more offensively.
Personally, i never fall into that hype, i wasnt expecting Chelsea to be weak. Like always, i am happy to get a draw away vs the strongest team and hopefully a win home.
Thats what i bet.
I was sceptical about our finishing and bonucci.
Bonucci was sub par, like always and conveded the first corner very early. There i knew that we will be dominated and have a tough night.
I really couldnt see vucinic or giovinco scoring and bonucci avoiding to commit his usual fatal mistake.
So i was expecting us to concede sooner or later.
Unfortunately it came too soon and too easy for them.
Imo most of our players had a bad game.
Bonucci, was as bad as always, pirlo heavily outrun, chiellini sloppy as hell, giovinco completely outclassed and vucinic isolated and hopeless when shooting.
Asamoah was trying really hard and personally i am pleased from his overall performance, because he was very solid defensively. Marchisio was the best imo, he was very calm and methodic, an example to follow. Vidal at moments was even better, but he strained a muscle and at moments he dissapeared.
Chelsea was controlling the game, kept us back and secured the lead. We were outrun and outmuscled, while we were struggling to change more than a couple of passes.
Our counters were slow and predictable.
But chelsea could not keep that pace forever.
Vidal returned the favor and we were progressively given more ground, as they where still trying to defend their lead and try to exploit our lack of finishers.
And then, the right man came at the right moment and imo robbed them of a lazy victory.
I sincerely am more than pleased with that result, as i spend more than 45 min hoping that they wont crash with 3-0 and affect our morale in Italy as well.
With this result, we lost no ground and enforced the unbeaten myth.
This is not italy, you cannot expect bunocci to escape despite hiss brainfarts and vucinic to score after missing countless sitters.
Howver, we somehow stil have managed to find our way to the back of the net, twice!
For that i am really happy, as i feared that we are going to pay this marotta failure very dearly.
If we can score 2 vs chelsea, at their home, then we can score vs everyone!
Classic Cronios :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)