[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (58 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Apart from the awesome result, I fvcking hated how sub-par our whole team was. :sergio: unbelievable number of bad passes and giving away the possession.
This.

The performance leaves a sweet sour flavor to the game.... as we could have won this with the proper performance.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
We were very lucky to draw.
Our passing was terrible and we really need to start working at our finishing. Glad with what Quag did for us in the end.
Chiellini is MOTM, Buffon 2nd.
Vidal & Marchisio are MOTM IMHO. Vidal was influential and pressurized Chelsea very hard and Marchisio was the one who gave two assists and almost scored on a few occasions.

Chiellini was nervy in the first half. Better in the second and BEAST MODE in the last 15 mins.

Ok, it is 5am here and I have to get off to work at 7am. I'm out!

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
This was disgusting game by Juve. We were very happy to draw. The number of missed passes we made today equals the number of missed passes from 3 serie a games i think.
Unfortunatelly Vuci had one of those days.
Praise Buffon, Marchi, Vidal and Quag that saved the day for us.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
We did lose a lot of possessions which gifted Chelsea a lot of possession, We should be better than that..
Licht was a beast! seriously!
Asamoah did better,not too good at first,but settled.
Chiellini two thumbs up!

Oscar was very very lucky..

Marchisio MOM for me! 2 assists,played simple,did not put the team in danger and made a lot of forward runs,passing was great,ran everywhere!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What a mixed bag of emotions! The nervousness on some players was palpable. Asamoah had a huge stage fright in the first half. Bonucci's assist to Hazzard (I think) almost stopped my heart when he slammed his shot into the side netting. We missed a couple of very easy chances (Mirko & Marchisio). We played a terrible first half & still, still we came back from 2 goals down to snatch a point. This is perharps the best way we could ease ourselves into the champions league. Character builder of a match on all levels. Kudos to the boys & the fans owning Stamford Bridge like our backyard with the immense support to the boys was just heartwarming. Isla looks extremely promising & I can't wait to see him again. Vidal was vital & Marchisio is just too smart as his darting runs behind the Chelsea defence always caused trouble a pity Pirlo had an off game. I was so nervous & angry but now am kind of elated & satisfied. Stronger teams might cause us trouble but we will grow from this experience.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
not precise enough in the final 3rd and turned over the ball so many times, at least 8-9 times easily.

they shut down Pirlo very well so we suffered, Oscar was constantly on him throughout the time he was on the pitch.

gutless maggots Chelsea parking the bus, what a bunch of fucking cunts.

JoePanini

Apr 29, 2012
First half was pretty shaky, especially in the first 20 minutes. Was shocked with all the unsuccessful passes and lost possession, was very uncharacteristic of Conte's Juve. But we saw the real Juve in the second half.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People seem to forgot the total lack of CL expirience most of our selection has

also, not a single team in italy has pressed us back for over a year, we arent used to this, yet we managed to recover and put the pressing on them

My thoughts:

- Confirmed by belief that Giovinco will never cut it at this level.
- Very disapointed in Asamoah.
- Result was great, the performance far from it. But the positive is that Chelsea wasn't any better and needed 2 wonder goals to score.
- Nervous but this will pass by the end of the group stages.
- Quag could potentialy be very useful this season. He has the quality but I though he was finished after the injury, guess not. This would be a huge plus. I'd start him over Giovinco and Matri when in his best form.
giovinco had a hard time against expirienced defenders that shutted up messi last year
asamoah had a good game, you didnt saw flashy offensive display ? perhaps ivanovic is a worldclass defender ?
we had a rough start, but we tried, passing wasent good but expected because of nerves, yet we had a great recovery in second half
quag, what a substitute, play him next game please. next to vucinic who was doing well in buildup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)