[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (49 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

TARU

Apr 24, 2012
Asa did great defending the whole flank and supporting in the attack, I dun see anything wrong seriously. Oscar's first was scored by Bonucci second one was those 1 in 100 matches kinda jackpot goal, we can't do anything about it. But both of our strikers were....:sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
good result and boyyyy the match was difficult. it's good to come out with a point and for our players to have a taste of high level football. our defense is still shaky (wingbacks play too up front) with this formation but if MVP do their job they will be well covered. some look exhausted, particularly pirlo, rotation is definitely needed. Giorgio Chiellini is BEAST, big games are made for him. licht was mediocre, and I think Isla will offer us great things - we have good players in this position. I thought Marchisio was fantastic, and Vidal's ball recovery was ever so crucial BUT he also tends to give them away, something we are all aware of. He edges out as MoTM for me for the sheer importance of his goal, chiellini a close second. Asamoah's work rate and speed are an advantage but made some questionable moves and looked out of sorts once in a while, but positive all around. Vucinic had a good game, particularly in the first half. I am sorry but Giovinco cannot play at this stage, like it or not his stature is a hindrance he is just not strong enough, it has been more than once since he rejoined us where he gets double teamed and loses the ball. Quagsy was amazing. fantastic run, cool finish, superb effort that unluckily hit the bar. @baggio probably came all over his pants.

and finally, kudos to conte/carrera for game changing substitutions AGAIN, and to the whole team just for never giving in. that is invaluable.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
I personally think we looked terrible

Why do we keep trying to slam it in to Vuc and him and gio to flick it to each other. What happened to our calm build up play

Good news is we looked horrible and still could of won

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If only we weren't so fucking nervous in the first half. If only. Fuck.
You have to expect some nerves, but that wasn't why we conceded two goals, they came from little. One deflection and one wonder goal. Generally we played a good game and matched Chelsea in their own yard.

I don't think this result should be underestimated, just look at Chelsea's home record since they came into the CL.

Those speaking about wins or easy wins were obviously being fanciful, biased, and used to watching a team that doesn't lose, but I'd take this point any day. We came back onto the top level with some quality and a shed load of grinta.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
We showed Juve spirit at the end."England" pussies choked.Lucky bastards, this reminded me when we lost to Liverpool in CL.Lucky fuckers

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Buffon 6.5
Barzagli 6
Bonucci 5.5
Chiellini 6
Lichtsteiner 6
Vidal 7.5
Pirlo 6
Marchisio 7
Asamoah 5
Giovinco 5.5
Vucinic 6.5
Buffon 7
Barzagli 6
Bonucci 4
Chiellini 6.5 (second half was good, first half bad)
Lichtsteiner 8 (probably man of the match)
Vidal 7.5
Pirlo 5 (was anonymous)
Marchisio 7.5 (two assist, did great today especially since Pirlo was rubbish)
Asamoah 6 (second half was better)
Giovinco 5.5 (rubbish first half, second half was better)
Vucinic 6 (not impressive, but could have been worse)

OP
WΏΏdy?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #875
    Strange result this, the result only makes me happy because we got back from a 2 goal disadvantage.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    43 games and undefeated. oh how i so thought that would come to an end after they scored the second. Glad vidals goal gave us belief and of course my wife telling me watch and see we will equalize. Forza wifes. Anyway the stats said a lot today, 11 or 12 attempts with two actually on target, well 3 if you count the crossbar as a target. Anyway Forza Qualigol, his made me proud, i thought he wont be the same following his injury and how he was in and out last season but hopefully this a start and a great foundation for not only him but Juve as a whole. Were back, Chelsea and EPL fans can suck it. Oh and so can the English press.

JoePanini

Apr 29, 2012
    So happy with how we played tonight. Never gave up, and even after the wonder goal by Oscar were immediately back up on the attack. We were superior to Chelsea in every phase of the game. Our defense was great in the second half. Our midfield dominated possession, and our strikers took their chances. Chelsea's defense was terrible, and they got dominated in the second half. I think Chelsea are lucky to get one point.

Anyways, very satisfied with the game. Was a pleasure to watch. Couldn't ask for more from the players, played their hearts out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)