[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (58 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I wonder if we'll beat the online users record tonight. :p

So psyched for this match :) My connection better not crap out when streaming or I'll go postal ;)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
A NEW ERA FOR CHELSEA

Chelsea host Juventus tonight in a match that there is no point previewing. Even bookies can't decide whether the game is more likely to end with a home win, an away win or a volcano erupting on the half-way line and spewing forth hot, molten lava and ginger lollipops. Since Chelsea's preposterous triumph last season, you see, no one knows what to expect from Big Cup any more.

Of course, in days gone by Juve knew precisely what to expect from games, but that sort of clairvoyance got them banned from Big Cup and relegated in 2006 and only now are they again a side to be feared for the influence of their players rather than their payers. They're Italian champions, on a 42-match unbeaten domestic run and guided by Antonio Conte, the most ingenious of all the managers in the world who are serving 10-match bans for failing to report match fixing.

"We come full of confidence and pride, we have the will and determination to prove we can do well," droned the Juve goalkeeper, Gigi Buffon, who will be as intrigued as anyone to watch Chelsea's attempt this season to deviate from a plan that saw them become European champions last term by having one shot on target to every 47 by the opposition.

"I expect a Juve who want to play their game, that is the Conte way," explained Roberto Di Matteo, before confirming that unlike last season, Chelsea will try to stop their opponents playing their game instead of relying on freakish cosmic interventions to save them. "They like to get on the ball and attack but we will try to eliminate the spaces on the pitch and fight back," lectured Di Matteo, as England's Brave and Loyal John Terry wondered if this daring new strategy meant he would have to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes, and John Obi Mikel practised his thrilling new trick of passing the ball forward.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/19/the-fiver-chelsea-juventus
:lol:

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I wouldnt disagree with such an approach.

We're new to the CL and are facing the current champions of this league in an away game. I would say lets start cautious and if we sense we can take 3 points from this game then take a more offensive approach.
we have never played for a draw until now and today we won't play for a draw either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)