[Champions League] Chelsea 2-2 JUVENTUS (19th September 2012) (75 Viewers)

MoM?

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Lichsteiner

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We were out of this competition for too long. There's hunger, there's that will we had last year in Serie A. We have everything to get out of the group stage. I hope our guys stay focused and do a lot of running / pressing on Chelsea and I'll be calm. We may not win, but I want to see that desire to win we had last year in Serie A.

This time we have different team, playing modern football. This team has strength and style. This is what I hated the most about Capello's Juve: lack of style. We had a team to be champs of Europe but we failed. I hope Conte makes this team succeed in Europe because we are waiting for a success in Europe for too long now.

I'd take a draw with Chelsea any day, but I hope we can surprise them and Europe just like last year when we beat BBilan.

My first 11:

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Lichtsteiner - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah
Giovinco - Vucinić​

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I can't remember ever seeing Juve get a good result away to an English team.

I hope Matri doesn't start. Although I can't see Giovinco doing much either. The attack is going to be reliant on Vucinic, which isn't good.

The best result I'm hoping for is a draw. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea win fairly comfortably though.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Just hope this is a close game, I would prefer not to play our A game at this stage of the tournament. Playing Chelsea now is very different from playing them in the knock-out phases so I don't think Juve can make a statement here. But winning in England for the first time in 15 years+ would give a huge confidence boost to the team and club.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Man you're lucky. A bit jealous...
I've sat through many painful competitive European games, ranging from Arsenal and the Milan final to Bayern and Fulham, if I'm lucky I can finally see a decent European performance because as of yet I am yet to see one! Maybe I'm actually cursed and not lucky.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
By the way, does anyone else think the Chelsea line up vs QPR was Di Matteo preparing for this match? I think he is (or at least was. I believe they didn't play very well) planning on using the same XI against Juve.

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Lampard
Ramires Hazard Bertrand
Torres

They surely didn't need such defensive wingers against QPR (Moses and Sturridge came off the bench). Personally I don't think they need them against Juve either, but I think Di Matteo was planning on using Ramires on the right to counter the physicality and non-stop running of Asamoah and Bertrand on the left to double up with Cole on Lichtsteiner.

I haven't seen much of Hazard. Is he the kind of player who will do a decent job of closing down Pirlo?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You can't say what Di Matteo thinks I just hope Conte prepares our guys well to this match, so everybody will know his place and duties. I don't think Di Matteo can surprise Conte, but then again it's all to the players to follow prepared tactics. We are very disciplined, especially in big matches so we should be ok.

We need to make Hazard and Mata suffer, then Torres won't be able to do anything. It should give us opportunity to play our game.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
By the way, does anyone else think the Chelsea line up vs QPR was Di Matteo preparing for this match? I think he is (or at least was. I believe they didn't play very well) planning on using the same XI against Juve.

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Lampard
Ramires Hazard Bertrand
Torres

They surely didn't need such defensive wingers against QPR (Moses and Sturridge came off the bench). Personally I don't think they need them against Juve either, but I think Di Matteo was planning on using Ramires on the right to counter the physicality and non-stop running of Asamoah and Bertrand on the left to double up with Cole on Lichtsteiner.

I haven't seen much of Hazard. Is he the kind of player who will do a decent job of closing down Pirlo?
I actually expect Chelski to play a 4-3-3 with Mata if he's fit. Dont think a Mikel - Lamepard midfield would do good for them.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
• Juventus have not won on their last 11 competitive outings in England, losing eight and drawing three, including their 2003 UEFA Champions League final penalty shoot-out defeat by AC Milan.

• Juve have triumphed just twice in 19 contests away to English opposition: 2-1 against Aston Villa FC in the 1982/83 European Champion Clubs' Cup quarter-finals and 1-0 at Manchester United FC in the 1996/97 group stage.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle.../match=2009489/prematch/background/index.html

Stay humble guys this game is massive.
Damn those stats don't look hot :(

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
They played Mereiles last year iirc alongside Mikel, with Lampard in a more advanced position.
Lampard was definitely sitting deep alongside Mikel in at least some of their CL knock-out matches.

I think they may have played all three of them. I have a terrible memory for these kind of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)