[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (115 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2012
"Most people here have been to Turin, and several times.

I love how some (not all) british fans always moan about stuff like "support your local team, son!!" and other gems they've picked up at the pub over the years. Some of the italian clubs truly have international agendas; they've had so from the outset. Juventus Football Club. Internazionale.

Fans of italian clubs welcome foreign fans with open arms. I've loved the reception I've gotten over the years, and I've become friends with a few italian tifosi. Close friends.

Quite different to the "support your local team, lad" bull$#@! I encountered on the british isles, and thank $#@! for that! "

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha. You have no idea about Celtic's history, formation or culture do you? Hahahahaha.
Good god the ignorance! Not sure if serious...
Italians, like the Irish, were largely migrant societies between the 1800's and the 1960's and 70's.. You'll find a great deal of Calcio supporters have brought the love of their team from the homeland. My father's side are split between AS Roma, Lazio and Juve; whilst my mother's side is primarily Juve with Palermo and Catania supporters thrown in (notice, regions?). There is nothing untoward about this at all. Also, calling it an 'international agenda' sounds very UN conspiracy theory like; in the end, they've earned their stripes in being big, widely known international brands. Celtic are a large fish in a tiny pond, good on you guys for standing your own and giving it to the like of Barça, but when you lose because you are simply outplayed, outclassed, out smarting and overcome by superior desire, tactics and planning, throwing a collective hissy fit is hardly going to earn you respect. If you want to see a game that was truly corrupted, look at Italy vs South Korea 2002, that my friend was a farce!!

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Looking over the statistics of the CL so far, Celtic aren't exactly the most accurate passers. This needs to be our advantage. Press them, stay in their faces, and hopefully watch them give up possession. I too share a slight fear of set pieces but am confident that if we press up the pitch and keep them in their half, we will find much less danger coming from them. Their counterattack, though possible, is also of little fear to me as I feel we have the better pace.

0-3 Juve, Licht for MotM.
I feel really good about my prediction, though Lich didn't have the match I was hoping.

I'll be uploading pictures and videos when I return to America as I left an important cord for my camera at home =(

Being about 5 rows from the pitch, in the Juventus corner, I have video of Marchisio and the Juve players running up after his goal as well as many others. Great atmosphere, great match, Celtic were not the droids we're looking for...

jrock

Feb 13, 2013
Italians, like the Irish, were largely migrant societies between the 1800's and the 1960's and 70's.. You'll find a great deal of Calcio supporters have brought the love of their team from the homeland. My father's side are split between AS Roma, Lazio and Juve; whilst my mother's side is primarily Juve with Palermo and Catania supporters thrown in (notice, regions?). There is nothing untoward about this at all. Also, calling it an 'international agenda' sounds very UN conspiracy theory like; in the end, they've earned their stripes in being big, widely known international brands. Celtic are a large fish in a tiny pond, good on you guys for standing your own and giving it to the like of Barça, but when you lose because you are simply outplayed, outclassed, out smarting and overcome by superior desire, tactics and planning, throwing a collective hissy fit is hardly going to earn you respect. If you want to see a game that was truly corrupted, look at Italy vs South Korea 2002, that my friend was a farce!!
The last sentence is ironic, Celtic V Juve when Amoroso dived was a joke, admitted it on TV the other day. Rubentus

Nov 17, 2012
The last sentence is ironic, Celtic V Juve when Amoroso dived was a joke, admitted it on TV the other day. Rubentus
I hate diving as much as the next guy, and shame on Amoruso for doing it; however a player diving is one thing, a corrupt official in quite another.. Do you actually know what the fate was of that ref from the Italy/S Korea game of 2002?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Moreno

Nothing ironic about it, you comparing a dive with an official that has been banned from adjudicating matches and was imprisoned with a criminal record just goes to show how far some people will go to clutch at straws. Simply put, I pity the fool..

Feb 13, 2013
Another Celtic fan here.

Obviously I'm bitterly disappointed this morning. Not out of any sense of injustice that we didn't take anything from the match because we didn't deserve to. More because I feel we didn't do ourselves justice with the performance. Also it's never nice to lose so heavily at your home stadium and for a team like us it's very rare.

I think the reason many Celtic fans come on here talking shit is what they see as lack of respect from Juve fans. If you look at our home record in Europe you will see it's very tough to come here and take anything nevermind win as convincingly as you did. Despite this record going back over 10 years now, many top European sides (especially English) act like Celtic are a joke and it will be a walk in the park to come win at Celtic Park. We are not seen as a serious team on the European stage because of the league we play in.

I see this attitude is even more prevalent on this forum after last night which is a shame in my opinion as it undervalues what an achievement this result is for you. I think it is the great performance of Juventus that deserves all the credit rather than Celtic being rubbish. If you don't believe me, just look at the stats.

You are now only the second team (after Barcelona) to ever win here in the Champions' League in nearly 30 matches. It's our heaviest home defeat ever in the competition. Obviously I'm biased but in my opinion you have come to the toughest away fixture in the Champions' League, killed the crowd after 3 minutes and picked us off later on the break and won convincingly. I haven't watched Juve for a long time, not since the days of Zidane & Del Piero. But this result and performance proves to me Juve are one of the world's top teams again and I feel you should be proud of your players.

Anyway the tie is over and you have given us a real lesson. I hope our manager & our whole team have learned much and that we can use some of that knowledge the next time we reach this stage. It's good to see such a strong & effective Juve team back at this level and I hope you will go on to lift the trophy in May. Good luck. :beer:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I wouldn't say it is 'British football fans'. Firstly a lot of English don't like Celtic, and I've seen plenty who think Juve deserved to win and played a clever game. You're obviously going to get bias and disappointment, whatever helps them sleep easier at night.

Reading some of their comments before the game they were completely hyper, but that's their own fault.
By British Football Fans, i meant people that live in Malta that support a team mentioned in my previous post haha

LOL. How is your asshole feeling this morning you dirty leprachaun cunts?

0-3. Tre haggis e a casa!!!
And here I was under the impression that Celtic were from Scotland :p

jrock

Feb 13, 2013
See what you done there Luca, good play on words. Listen i am taking no lessons on sporting integrity of a Juve fan. You cheated, you were disgraced and never can be trusted

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Clinical and efficient display. Not our most dominating or convincing performance, but a 3-0 away from home is always a great result.

I was particularly impressed by Matri and Peluso. Marchisio MOM for me; a great comeback, and he seems to be back to full fitness :tup:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
See what you done there Luca, good play on words. Listen i am taking no lessons on sporting integrity of a Juve fan. You cheated, you were disgraced and never can be trusted
And I am glad that I am not taking fan integrity lessons from you lot, denser and more stubborn than stone.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
It's so sweet how Celtic fans and their manager ask for penalties for pushing that happens when the ball is out of play. :seven:

I swear, that thing they play in Scotland isn't football. It's some mixture of boxing, rugby and football and it probably has different rules than football. That's the only explanation for their blatant ignorance for the football rules.
In my 33 years I'm yet to see a football player from Scotland. Do they really lack talent so much? I see boxrugfootballers, but never football players. Never someone who can dribble or pass the ball well.

That's cos they're down the pub smashing each others teeth out sipping super tennants through a straw most of the time. That's why alcohol sponsors advertise their names on their shirts.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I hope we play our full squad for home match and rape them 10-0
Nah, we won't. We have Napoli-Juve, which could be the scudetto decider, only 3 days before the return leg against Celtic. This further shows how important it was to beat Celtic 3:0. I believe we'll play the full squad in Naples, and we'll give a chance to at least 5-6 bench players when we face Celtic. Pirlo, Buffon and the 3 CBs. Those guys will face Celtic, while the rest will be benchers from the Napoli match (Isla instead of Licht, Peluso instead of Asa, Pogba and maybe Giac for Vidal and Marchisio, and two attackers who won't start in Naples).

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nah, we won't. We have Napoli-Juve, which could be the scudetto decider, only 3 days before the return leg against Celtic. This further shows how important it was to beat Celtic 3:0. I believe we'll play the full squad in Naples, and we'll give a chance to at least 5-6 bench players when we face Celtic. Pirlo, Buffon and the 3 CBs. Those guys will face Celtic, while the rest will be benchers from the Napoli match (Isla instead of Licht, Peluso instead of Asa, Pogba and maybe Giac for Vidal and Marchisio, and two attackers who won't start in Naples).
ANEEELKAAAAAAAA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)