[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (12 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A bit of both - he's the kind of player you get the most out of by building a side around (funnily enough, a bit like Pirlo), and we didn't. He didn't always impose himself on games in the way we would have liked, either, and had a bit of a tendency to make horrendous mistakes, play in a surprisingly soft way for a fairly big guy, and cough up possession in unacceptable positions. We also have a ridiculously good midfield by SPL standards, better even than the side we had that got to the UEFA Cup Final. Finally, SPL football is tough for players like that (but a great place for such players to improve their game thanks to the horrendous pitches and minimal amount of time they tend to get on the ball). In the end he did pretty well for us, we followed our porto/rosenborg style plan by developing him into a better player and selling him on, and £6m was a nice sum for him. The absence of a creative, technical player like that is something which I feel is a big problem for us - Commons is a clever and creative player but isn't much cop at the actual technique of passing the ball :(

As for the game: 85-95% of the time the tie should be a comfortable win for Juve, and indeed in some ways you could argue this is a harder challenge than Barca were for us. We worked out a relatively simple way to nullify them and force them to just pass the ball ineffectively from side to side, you guys are a bit more incisive. Still, we are capable of anything at home, have got much better in our away performances, and have a very good young team and manager. So, you never know.

Regardless, Looking forward to the match!
Very good post, welcome to the forums.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The current team is miles better than the team that played that night.

Carini < Buffon
Ferrara < Barzagli
Paramatti < Caceres
Iuliano < Bonucci
Zenoni < Peluso
Birindelli < Lichtsteiner
Tacchinardi < Vidal
Maresca < Marchisio
Nedv&#283;d > Pirlo
Del Piero > Vunicic
Amoruso < Matri
Amoruso was better than Matri.

- - - Updated - - -

Ferrara was never in the top few defenders in Europe, like Barzagli is. I guess you could argue the overall standard of defending was higher back then though. Birindelli was a good player. Nedved/Pirlo was a tough call.
Ciro no question better than Barzagli, IMO.

Mar 24, 2006
Good morning Juve fans.

How honoured i am to post on page 67.
The greatest year in Celtic's history, and the number which adornes the strip of Victor Wanyama.

Now if some of you can claim to appreciate talent (Pirlo, Buffon etc) then I can assure you, after tomorrow night, you'll remember 67, and the name Wanyama will be uttered quietly in bars and cafes over Turin.

Wait and see.

Pogba will be his little bitch for the night, and if Pirlo strays across the halfway line, he'll end up in Victors back pocket, like Xavi and Iniesta before him.
Note this , you will be like this after the game

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
Hey guys, what time is this match? I'm afraid it won't be televised on sports channels here, but I can still try to tune in Euro channels.

I fuckin hate streams tbh.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

1TV (georgia) / HD
2+2 (ukraine)
Al Jazeera Sport +3
Al Jazeera Sport +5
Al Jazeera Sport HD2
Arena Sport 1 (serbia)
Arena Sport 1 HD (cro)
Arena Sport BiH
Armenia TV
AzTV
beIN Sport 1 / HD
C+ Liga Campeones / HD
Digi Sport 2 (rom)
Dolce Sport 2
ESPN Pacrim
ITV / ITV HD
Nederland 3 / HD
Nova Sports 1 (hellas) / HD
nSport / HD
NTV Plus Futbol / HD
Prima COOL
Ring.bg
RSI La 2 / HD
RTS Deux / HD
SF Zwei / HD
Sky Calcio 1 / HD
Sky Sport 1 (germany)
Sky Sport 1 (italy) / HD
Smart Spor / HD
Sport 1 (hungary) / HD
Sport 1 Voetbal
Sport 5 (israel) / HD
Sport TV2 / HD
STV (scotland) / HD
SuperSport 1 (alb) / HD
SuperSport 10 (africa)
SuperSport 1HD (za)
SuperSport 3 (za)
SuperSport MaXimo
TV3 (ireland)
TV3 Sport 1 (den) / HD
TV6 (sweden) / HD
TVR 1 / TVR HD
UTV (ulster) / HD
Viasat Football (nor) / HD
Viasat Sport Baltic
YLE TV2
~ AUS: SBS One
~ BEL: Belgacom 11+ (712)
~ CAN: Sportsnet
~ CYP: Cytavision Sports 2
~ ISL: Stöd 2 Sport / HD
~ ITA: Premium Calcio
~ MLT: GO Sports 2
~ SUI: TeleClub Sport 2
~ SUI: TeleClub Sport 2 HD
~ SUI: TeleClub Sport PPV
~ USA: Fox Soccer 2GO
~ USA: Fox Soccer Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)