[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (159 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
Question, if he is that good? why doesn't he play for a top team? And compliation videos are biased since they take only good moments? So he only has like 6 minutes in his entire career?
We got this guy for £900,000 from Germinol Beerschot in Belgium. A crazy price for a young guy so good.
Usually Dutch teams are quick to pick up players like him, we got in quick.

Why doesn't he play for a big team?
He does.
We cant offer the same quality as Juve, Real, Barca etc, but Man Utd and Arsenal are very keen on him, as apparently was Jose Mourinho.

Trust me, Wanyama will be a top player at a top club within 2-3 years. He has everything.

He and your lad Pogba would make a midfield you'd need to drive a tank through. ;-)

P.s It's not a joke to say he bullied the Barca midfield.
He's also the brother of Maringa MacDonald at Inter. People in the game rate Victor the best prospect.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
We got this guy for £900,000 from Germinol Beerschot in Belgium. A crazy price for a young guy so good.
Usually Dutch teams are quick to pick up players like him, we got in quick.

Why doesn't he play for a big team?
He does.
We cant offer the same quality as Juve, Real, Barca etc, but Man Utd and Arsenal are very keen on him, as apparently was Jose Mourinho.

Trust me, Wanyama will be a top player at a top club within 2-3 years. He has everything.

He and your lad Pogba would make a midfield you'd need to drive a tank through. ;-)

P.s It's not a joke to say he bullied the Barca midfield.
We'll see! At the moment Pogba>Waymathingy

Did he ever score a volley from a distance over 30 meters?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The Canadian Hockey League?

It's been a while since we won that.
The Rangers are much better at hockey because they live in Greenland and there's a lot more ice over there. I hope Conte prepared the team. I think a showing of The Mighty Ducks should be mandatory every day.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
The Wanyama video is good until you realize he's playing Dundee and Inverness.

Compare that to the midfielders Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio see on a match-by-match basis in Serie A and the competition just doesn't compare.

Do I think Juventus are in for a simple task? Certainly not. But do I think Juventus are facing Shaktar in Ukraine, Chelsea in London, AC Milan at the San Siro, the Viola in Florence? Certainly not.

Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio play better midfields on a weekly basis, to be honest, and I can't see them being taken out of this game by a potential talent in Wanyama who outmuscled Barca's midfield (who is honestly surprised? They're not most physical bunch). He's up against a-whole-nother animal in Vidal and Marchisio. Especially if the Celtic gameplan is to take Pirlo out of the game.

2-0 Juventus.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
The Wanyama video is good until you realize he's playing Dundee and Inverness.

Compare that to the midfielders Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio see on a match-by-match basis in Serie A and the competition just doesn't compare.

Do I think Juventus are in for a simple task? Certainly not. But do I think Juventus are facing Shaktar in Ukraine, Chelsea in London, AC Milan at the San Siro, the Viola in Florence? Certainly not.

Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio play better midfields on a weekly basis, to be honest, and I can't see them being taken out of this game by a potential talent in Wanyama who outmuscled Barca's midfield (who is honestly surprised? They're not most physical bunch). He's up against a-whole-nother animal in Vidal and Marchisio. Especially if the Celtic gameplan is to take Pirlo out of the game.

2-0 Juventus.
Spot on. Pretty much agree with all of this.

- - - Updated - - -

add that to our objective list! along with the financial scudetto
Lol!! Milan have Financial Scudetto wrapped up for the next 5 years.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
The game plan wont be to take 'Pirlo out the game'. We are not a dirty team.

He will sit deep in your 5 man midfield (probably to keep him away from Big Vic!)
We might be matching up with 5 in midfield, with Brown and Ledley doing the running/covering, with Vic sweeping up anything in front of the defence.

We'll probably look to counter, but we can play a little bit in the final 3rd also.
Set pieces will be crucial, we have the most goals from set play in the C/L, and have not conceded a single header all year.

The game will be very tight, can't see it being high scoring, if Juve take the lead they you will defend, if we take the lead it could be a long night for Juve fans.

Samaras is key on counter attacks, sometimes he will fall over the ball or pass it to no-one at all, then he'll beat 3 men on a mazy run. :boh:
Hooper is sharp as a tack, if he gets any space in the 18 yard box he will cause problems.

I don't know enough about Juve im afraid, but we can't spend our time concentrating on Pirlo, as you have many other players that can damage us.

If you get past Big Vic, you've got Forster to beat. So far the best GK in the tournament, and pushing Hart for the England no.1. Buffon has said he can go on to be one of the best in the world.

It'll be a good game and we must take advantage of the home tie first, as you will be the favourites when the second legs comes round. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)