[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (139 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
I hate Celtic fans for one reason and one reason only.

The catholic bigotry and celtic fantasism that permeates your entire club ethos.
Lol. Your a joker right?

Catholic bigotry? What is that exactly?

Is it because our club was founded by a Marish brother?
Is it because it was created as a charity to help feed the poor?

You need to realise we have never been the bigoted club in Scotland.

The first club in Europe to sign someone from the Indian sub continent? Was he Catholic?

Our club was successful in part due to the ANTI-CATHOLIC ethos of the club across the city.
(Who famously had an anti-catholic policy until 1989!)

Even Lorenzo Amoruso, Marco Negri, Sergio Porrini, Claudio Caniggia were advised NEVER to bless themselves during their time at Rangers.

This meant we could sign players of any denomination in the knowledge they (Rangers) would NOT sign a Catholic.
Jock Stein, Kenny Dalglish, Danny McGrain have come from a Protestant background.

Jock Stein was once asked.
"Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?"
"The Protestant"
"Why?"
"Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

My father is a Protestant and huge Celtic supporter, I am a Catholic.

Having a strong link to your heritage, does NOT make you a bigot, discarding a player because of his creed or religion does.

Your clearly needing a history lesson.

As Jock Stein once said,
"It's not religion that's the problem - it's the lack of religion!"

Celtic are an inclusive club, we are proud of our history and our roots.
To hate a club or it's fans because of a warped perception over religion, makes you appear like an ignoramus but your welcome to your opinion.

***Edit: Apologies to all the fans wanting to read about a game of football, instead of a lesson on sectarianism, bigotry and religion****

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
Both Rangers and Celtic have sectarianism problems.

Anybody who denies that is either incredibly stupid or lying.
I'd never deny this.
Sadly, the problem only really started in the 70's, 80's.

There was a time before this when fans could walk through any side of the stadium, to be with their mates at opposite ends.

Those days are long gone.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
Juventus Football Club's Catholic Deacon Cesare Nosiglia today gave blessing and thanks on training ground of the Rangers , Murray Park , before Juventus trained at the Scotland complex. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Good luck training on that!

It's like a flood plain!:lol:

Mar 9, 2006
Juventus Football Club's Catholic Deacon Cesare Nosiglia today gave blessing and thanks on training ground of the Rangers , Murray Park , before Juventus trained at the Scotland complex. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Good luck training on that!

It's like a flood plain!:lol:
We were training at celtic stadium, wtf you are talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4049196 said:
We were training at celtic stadium, wtf you are talking about
Juventus manager Antonio Conte admits he is bemused by the commotion surrounding Juventus's decision to train at Rangers' Murray Park training complex this morning.

He told a press conference tonight: "It was only really through the Italian press that I learned that there was such surprise and astonishment here in Scotland that we had used Rangers' training pitch.

"I have to say I found some of the criticisms rather strange. The choice was a purely technical one.

"The clubs were able to reach this agreement. We needed a training pitch with two goalposts and as far as I'm concerned that's it." :tup:

Mar 9, 2006
Juventus manager Antonio Conte admits he is bemused by the commotion surrounding Juventus's decision to train at Rangers' Murray Park training complex this morning.

He told a press conference tonight: "It was only really through the Italian press that I learned that there was such surprise and astonishment here in Scotland that we had used Rangers' training pitch.

"I have to say I found some of the criticisms rather strange. The choice was a purely technical one.

"The clubs were able to reach this agreement. We needed a training pitch with two goalposts and as far as I'm concerned that's it." :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)