[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (149 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Lol okay yet celtic fans believe since they beat barca thry can beat anyone. Yet teams like ossasuna beat barca so it clearly means nothing. Juve are superior in defence and the midfield area. Juve play a high pressing game while celtic play mostly on the counter. Juve will dominate And juventino are so cocky because we have the right to be and are the stronger team most of the fans are joking but juventus > cletic
We're stronger than them in every department. GK, defence, midfield and attack. They have nothing on us.

will asamoah make it? i cant stand watching dc play anymore
De Ceglie did not make the squad for the Celtic match. (Injury)

Asamoah did, so who knows what will happen. :)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd start with this formation: Buffon, Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Peluso (Asamoah if fit and ready), Marchisio,Vidal,Pirlo, Vucinic and Matri.

Peluso and Caceres give us more solidity and physicality, not to mention that Caceres can be a danger for us on set pieces, and aid in curbing the threat from Celtic on set pieces as well.

I expect an interesting game, and I'm hoping for a 2-1 victory, but expecting a 1-1 draw.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'd start with this formation: Buffon, Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Peluso (Asamoah if fit and ready), Marchisio,Vidal,Pirlo, Vucinic and Matri.

Peluso and Caceres give us more solidity and physicality, not to mention that Caceres can be a danger for us on set pieces, and aid in curbing the threat from Celtic on set pieces as well.

I expect an interesting game, and I'm hoping for a 2-1 victory, but expecting a 1-1 draw.
i don't see why asamoah wouldn't play

Dec 24, 2012
Samaras is good, but slow as hell. Our defenders can run circles around him. I'm not too worried about him, to be honest. Gary Hooper is actually their best scorer this season, but I think (and I speak under correction) that he's more of a poacher type striker than really able to create chances. Not many worries there either, with our defense.

Wanyama is the only player I know of in their squad who could eventually play for a top team (maybe Forster too, their GK). He is a quality midfielder who does well on defensive duties, but I'm confident that when he ventures forth Marchisio/Vidal will be comfortable against him. Commons is an ok player too, I've seen some spiritied performances by him.

Either way the odds favor us. However, like someone said, the best team on paper doesn't always win on the pitch, as we should well know given some of our recent results, so we should be there determined to win it. If we have the determination to put in the effort, the difference in quality will show regardless of home stadium advantage or whatnot.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Celtic is just another name for Rangers, right? Like they're the same club?

All I know about Scottish football is that the top 2 or "Old Firm" is a derby that plays 6 times a year between The Celtic Rangers and Aberdeen.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I agree.

We're undeniable favourites in this draw, and we must show why. 2-0 win Glasgow, 4-0 win in Torino. :weee:
Which is probably why you guys will struggle for the win in Glasgow. You might win in the end, but it won't be as easy as you think. Remember this Juventus team hasn't exactly steamrolled lesser competition at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 149)