[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (145 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Word. It's just a little harmless fun and very typical of this place.

Anyone who is offended by it clearly isn't going to like this forum anyway and should just look elsewhere.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
why exactly are celtic fans comming here to talk some rediculous nonsense about their team ?

And why do they expect to be greeted kindly, after doing so

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It'd be incredibly funny if Celtic won.
I never suggested that Celtic couldn't get a result. Therein lies the difference.

It would only be incredibly funny if Celtic won both legs 9-0, as some have predicted. :pado:

And cragcrag: you also have to realize I live in a country where we won the American Revolutionary War over two centuries ago. And yet you would never know it the way the local media treat teams from the UK (England and Scotland alike) as if they're the home team and the rest of Europe is merely a pickup squad designed as punching bags and target practice.

No matter if Celtic wins or loses against Juve, it will be a litany of comments about how Celtic either deserved it or failed at their mission -- as if they were the only team playing. As if the Champions League were a first-person shooter video game, and teams like Juve are merely the computer -- generated for the entertainment of the other teams.

It would be one thing if that resentment could simply be placed on TV announcers in the US. Then fan comments just reinforce that skewed viewpoint.

Celticbhoy67

Dec 24, 2012
- - - Updated - - -

I never suggested that Celtic couldn't get a result. Therein lies the difference.

It would only be incredibly funny if Celtic won both legs 9-0, as some have predicted. :pado:

And cragcrag: you also have to realize I live in a country where we won the American Revolutionary War over two centuries ago. And yet you would never know it the way the local media treat teams from the UK (England and Scotland alike) as if they're the home team and the rest of Europe is merely a pickup squad designed as punching bags and target practice.

No matter if Celtic wins or loses against Juve, it will be a litany of comments about how Celtic either deserved it or failed at their mission -- as if they were the only team playing. As if the Champions League were a first-person shooter video game, and teams like Juve are merely the computer -- generated for the entertainment of the other teams.

It would be one thing if that resentment could simply be placed on TV announcers in the US. Then fan comments just reinforce that skewed viewpoint.
That may be true with english teams but Celtic does not receive the adulation of the media infact the opposite english media often ridicule scottish football and Celtic.if this was true what would be the problem of the local media supporting the home club I'm sure the italian media will be pro Juventus.And please don't judge our fans on one lunatic like every club we cant choose who supports us.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Everything offends Celtic fans.
How so?

- - - Updated - - -

why exactly are celtic fans comming here to talk some rediculous nonsense about their team ?

And why do they expect to be greeted kindly, after doing so
Well the exact same thing is happening in our forums and its good to have a different view and learn more about the other team from their own fans

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
- - - Updated - - -

That may be true with english teams but Celtic does not receive the adulation of the media infact the opposite english media often ridicule scottish football and Celtic.if this was true what would be the problem of the local media supporting the home club I'm sure the italian media will be pro Juventus.And please don't judge our fans on one lunatic like every club we cant choose who supports us.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How so?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the exact same thing is happening in our forums and its good to have a different view and learn more about the other team from their own fans
Why do you call yourself Celtic boy if you where born in 67'? Dude, you must be like 50 now.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
the local media treat teams from the UK (England and Scotland alike) as if they're the home team and the rest of Europe is merely a pickup squad designed as punching bags and target practice.

^That :tup:

Scuba51

Aug 9, 2007
That may be true with english teams but Celtic does not receive the adulation of the media infact the opposite english media often ridicule scottish football and Celtic.if this was true what would be the problem of the local media supporting the home club I'm sure the italian media will be pro Juventus.
In my view Celtic usually get's lumped in as a British team for Champions League commentary in the UK. Games between Celtic and United have been called the 'Battle of Britain' a good few times. They may ridicule you the rest of the time, but come Champions league games, the Sky/ITV commentators treat Celtic the same way the do any other 'English' team, especially against foreigners.

And it's not the fact that the media support their local team, it's the fact that most UK media is ridiculously pig-headed about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)