[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (23 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #446
    Yeah, you guys are underestimating them quite a lot when you really look at the situation.
    I don't underestimate them. They're very strong at home. I think we'll win at home though and pull through.

It won't be as easy as some people say though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    The first leg points to a draw above anything, even a scoring loss may well be ok.

In Turin I expect Celtic to play football for 5% of the game.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
    Jul 3, 2009
    Yeah, you guys are underestimating them quite a lot when you really look at the situation.
    No dude, I don't think we are underestimating them. we know what we're up to. It's not like we think we're gonna play pescara there, they are as good as any 2nd tier team of this competition ( Valencia, Gala, Schalke, etc.), we know if we approach the game with the right mentality, control it and impose ourselves, then we'll see ourselves going through.
    It's those celtic loonies that are delusional that think they have one hand on the trophy already.
    And it's hilarious.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    What situation?
    I don't underestimate them. They're very strong at home. I think we'll win at home though and pull through.

That. And we will be missing Chiellini for AT LEAST the first match no matter what. I'm not saying Caceres will do badly, but all it takes is one mistake to concede a goal, and then from there they will park the bus. Scoring is already a problem for us, it will be compounded with 10 men in the box. All I'm saying is, it can go badly.

- - - Updated - - -

No dude, I don't think we are underestimating them. we know what we're up to. It's not like we think we're gonna play pescara there, they are as good as any 2nd tier team of this competition ( Valencia, Gala, Schalke, etc.), we know if we approach the game with the right mentality, control it and impose ourselves, then we'll see ourselves going through.
    It's those celtic loonies that are delusional that think they have one hand on the trophy already.
    And it's hilarious.
    That's not even delusion, that is full-blown clinical insanity.

Dec 22, 2012
    Hello folks. Celtic season ticket holder here, great to get juve in last 16. We have exceeded our expectations by getting this far and nobody really believes we r a better side but this is football and anything can happen!! I'm making the journey to Turin and am looking forward to sampling the atmosphere in new stadium. you will be made very welcome in Glasgow and I'm sure that will be returned in Turin. Ps good late win last night!

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    you can say that about every game against every team. truth is, celtic's style matches us pretty well. they don't have any really skilled, or quick strikers who can give out defense problems. Samara's slow lumbering self won't be a problem for our defenders. they scored against midget barca in a game that was only relevant to them and now all of a sudden they can give us a run for the money? i call bs on that. they were the weakest team we could've gotten. even gala wouldn't be as easy of a match imo. so yeah, respect to the celts and all but i will not for a second think juve stands a chance of losing this game whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello folks. Celtic season ticket holder here, great to get juve in last 16. We have exceeded our expectations by getting this far and nobody really believes we r a better side but this is football and anything can happen!! I'm making the journey to Turin and am looking forward to sampling the atmosphere in new stadium. you will be made very welcome in Glasgow and I'm sure that will be returned in Turin. Ps good late win last night!
    :tup: have fun in turin bro

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    you can say that about every game against every team. truth is, celtic's style matches us pretty well. they don't have any really skilled, or quick strikers who can give out defense problems. Samara's slow lumbering self won't be a problem for our defenders. they scored against midget barca in a game that was only relevant to them and now all of a sudden they can give us a run for the money? i call bs on that. they were the weakest team we could've gotten. even gala wouldn't be as easy of a match imo. so yeah, respect to the celts and all but i will not for a second think juve stands a chance of losing this game whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: have fun in turin bro

This.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Celtic's strengths aren't really in a player for player comparison, they are probably the weakest team left if you look at it like that, although I rate Wanyama and Izaguirre. I've seen lots of Ledley, Commons, Samaras, Brown and Wilson over the years live. If we can't get past them then it would be very disappointing.

Personally I think Valencia or Galatasaray would have been the two easier teams, because despite their technical ability they are not as cohesive and more of a soft touch.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    The thing about this Juve team is that it is improving as the time passes. Remember how 10 months ago we struggled to score against minow teams? Now, we finish them of easily by the end of the game. IMO in March and April we will be even stronger and I dont even think that tiredness will catch up with our players. They are hungry for more victories and trophies. Once we jump over Celtic, big European teams will come and we will be ready for them. Firing on all cylinders. :analcanon::analcanon:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    Today Celtic played some really nice football in beating Ross County 4-0. Kayal seems to be near enough back to full fitness. What a player. I really love watching him play. He's got grinta in spades and the tactical awareness to match. James Forrest as well came off the bench just back from injury and looked very sharp, scoring a nice goal.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

Of course. You make it to the knock-outs of the CL, you know what you're doing. Nobody is easy at this point... unless you ask Celtic fans. :andyandbarcelona:

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll have a good time in Turin! :)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Welcome mate. Make sure to be careful in Turin. It's not the most frightened city in Italy for nothing. ;)

Dec 22, 2012
    Welcome mate. Make sure to be careful in Turin. It's not the most frightened city in Italy for nothing. ;)
    Glasgow is the murder capital of Europe my friend, we arent adverse to idiotic behaviour. I'm sure the Celtic faithful will treat Turin with respect and that will hopefully mean no mindless behaviour!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll have a good time in Turin! :)
    Thank you, I hear many sad stories involving violence. I can't envisage any or am I being naive?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)