[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (81 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I stand corrected here - after reading a few posts on this incident I agree with mr. acmilan that Stephan's trailing leg pretty much covers Mandzukic's upper body. Even if it didn't the situation is pretty close so Mario should get the benefit of the doubt there.

Credit to Bayern but I feel they deserved to be up against a more determined opponent and to be treated to a tougher contest. Still, the second leg awaits and Juventus have their chance to prove they are better than what they showed.

P.S. One can always count on mr. @acmilan to show Juventus are not the victims but deserve what they got. :kiss: But why does it seem to me that you are avoiding the Serie A thread lately? Do you have no wish to discuss you team with us anymore?

@Nzoric, learn the offside rules, dude. You are embarassing yourself.
I watched the game so I commented on the situation when i saw that quite a few people were calling it a "clear" offside and some even implied Juve got shafted, which I didn't and don't agree with given how close the call was. Unlike quite a few people here, I don't make it the purpose of my life to vilify one team or make another look like an angel fallen from heaven.

discuss serie a with whom? people who before they have even seen the situation closely enough have already formed an opinion about it? Or would magnify every call that goes Milan's way but completely disregard the others e.g. the Lazio, Genoa games? Or are nowhere to be seen when a call goes Juve's way? thanks but I have better things to do than talking to a wall.

For the record, I am not saying everyone here is that way, not even close, but people here who actually have the ability to stay impartial tend to keep away from discussions when they know their opinion is bound to be an unpopular one around here. So, I would be basically left "duscussing" with people who "clearly" saw that Muller was offside (when even a camera still shot couldn't confirm that with certainty) or who think there was no PK vs Sanchez in the PSG-Barca game when the contact is plenty evident, etc, etc. Thanks but no thanks. :)

P.S. that would be Mandzukic, not Muller

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
I watched the game so I commented on the situation when i saw that quite a few people were calling it a "clear" offside and some even implied Juve got shafted, which I didn't and don't agree with given how close the call was. Unlike quite a few people here, I don't make it the purpose of my life to vilify one team or make another look like an angel fallen from heaven.

discuss serie a with whom? people who before they have even seen the situation closely enough have already formed an opinion about it? Or would magnify every call that goes Milan's way but completely disregard the others e.g. the Lazio, Genoa games? Or are nowhere to be seen when a call goes Juve's way? thanks but I have better things to do than talking to a wall.

For the record, I am not saying everyone here is that way, not even close, but people here who actually have the ability to stay impartial tend to keep away from discussions when they know their opinion is bound to be an unpopular one around here. So, I would be basically left "duscussing" with people who "clearly" saw that Muller was offside (when even a camera still shot couldn't confirm that with certainty) or who think there was no PK vs Sanchez in the PSG-Barca game when the contact is plenty evident, etc, etc. Thanks but no thanks. :)
Pretty true. I thought it was offside until I saw the replay. Respect to Bayern fans though, they deserved to win that match but I am still pretty confident we can do something about the 2nd leg.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
one of my coworkers kept telling me "see, I'm telling you this Juve is no longer the Juve of years past." I told him its okay, theres still a return leg in Turin to be played and that our Coach has surely learned from his mistakes this game as well as our team. Not to mention our best attacker was on the bench because he was sick.

Mar 30, 2013
tbh i've had the opposite, nothing but sympathy from arsenal fans in particular
I guess my mates are cunts.

If they aren't there to annoy you, what else are they for? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

one of my coworkers kept telling me "see, I'm telling you this Juve is no longer the Juve of years past." I told him its okay, theres still a return leg in Turin to be played and that our Coach has surely learned from his mistakes this game as well as our team. Not to mention our best attacker was on the bench because he was sick.
Yes but, no Vidal and Lichtsteiner now.

Let's hope Pogboom can cover well for Vidal.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think it's gonna be hard to prevent them from scoring. Buffon will have to be on the best form of his life. One blunder and we're out.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I guess my mates are cunts.

If they aren't there to annoy you, what else are they for? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -
yeah tbh they arn't perfect neither, they also talk themselves up as to how amazing arsenal are blah blah, only when they are winning, thankfully we shut the only chelsea fan at work up pretty quickly this season

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think it's gonna be hard to prevent them from scoring. Buffon will have to be on the best form of his life. One blunder and we're out.
If we can get a first half goal, they may be more concerned with not conceding another and not be so eager to attack. And our defence can and has to do a lot better. Yesterday was probably the worst defensive performance from us under Conte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)