[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (7 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
debatable = controversial

PSG goal wasn't controversial. It was obviously wrong decision. Controversial = there is a debate whether the ref was right or wrong.
I think this is where you are wrong.Controversial would mean deciding the outcome of the game with a non-existent goal and it wasnt the case yesterday as it was marginal ,it could've gone either way but the way we played we deserved to lose atleast 3-0,4-0(and who is to say they wouldnt have added another later on if that goal dint count ?) so that supposed 'controversial goal' from your POV is hardly something to fret about.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think this is where you are wrong.Controversial would mean deciding the outcome of the game with a non-existent goal and it wasnt the case yesterday as it was marginal ,it could've gone either way but the way we played we deserved to lose atleast 3-0,4-0(and who is to say they wouldnt have added another later on if that goal dint count ?) so that supposed 'controversial goal' from your POV is hardly something to fret about.
:tup:

But i'm still shocked how we sucked yesterday.

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
You're probably kicking yourself for not getting him two years ago. Anyway you deserved that win as we completely got our tactics wrong and without more quality in attacking department we could have hardly achieved more.
Even though I dislike him, I secretly wished he'd join us back when we were linked to him. I think he would have formed a devastating partnership with Schweini. He decided to go to Juve, though. Fair enough. But now I'm pretty happy with Gustavo and Martinez.

I can't see why you would hate him. He's not a dirty player. He tackles like a mad man, but it's always with the intention of getting the ball. He doesn't elbow, pinch or over commit to tackles that he knows he can't win. Rough player, sure - but not a $#@!.

While Ribery is one of the most talented footballers in the game today, he often has maliscious moments where he just wants to hurt the opponent.
Well, I can only speak for his Leverkusen days, but many of his tackles were dirty, or at least borderline dirty. I wouldn't say he had malicious intents, but he went overboard a lot times with his aggressiveness. And as I already said, I just didn't like his whole antics on the field.

I totally understand why other fans dislike Ribery. His on field antics do not really make him a popular player for the opposition fans. He calls for cards, dives occasionally and has a hot temper. Yes, he does have his bad moments regarding fair play, but it's not like Pepe, who is a nutbag and likes to hurt people. It's only when he's constantly provoked or fouled by another player (not saying this justifies his fould against Vidal yesterday).

debatable = controversial

PSG goal wasn't controversial. It was obviously wrong decision. Controversial = there is a debate whether the ref was right or wrong.
I have a different understanding of both terms. But fair enough. I think we pretty much agree on the whole matter. It wasn't a wrong decision. It was simply a decision you can debate about.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I can't see why you would hate him. He's not a dirty player. He tackles like a mad man, but it's always with the intention of getting the ball. He doesn't elbow, pinch or over commit to tackles that he knows he can't win. Rough player, sure - but not a $#@!.

While Ribery is one of the most talented footballers in the game today, he often has maliscious moments where he just wants to hurt the opponent.
His hate stems from the fact that he had agreed to join Bayern that summer(He literally gave his word that he'll join them.) but he eventually decided to sign for us and you cant blame him(the bayern fan) here imo.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
You basicly repeated what I said like 3 posts ago.

We sucked and should have lost even more. That doesn't change the fact that this very situation WAS controversial and could have easly been called offside by the ref. Like I said I don't even care, cause we were terrible and utterly destroyed but facts are facts.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You basicly repeated what I said like 3 posts ago.

We sucked and should have lost even more. That doesn't change the fact that this very situation WAS controversial and could have easly been called offside by the ref. Like I said I don't even care, cause we were terrible and utterly destroyed but facts are facts.
And this is where you are mistaken.That incident was not a 'controversial' incident as you'd like to paint it here(50-50 call =/= controversy) and wouldnt have changed the outcome of the game by much regardless.

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
His hate stems from the fact that he had agreed to join Bayern that summer(He literally gave his word that he'll join them.) but he eventually decided to sign for us and you cant blame him(the bayern fan) here imo.
This is not really the reason I dislike Vidal. I don't know what happened behind closed curtains, if he promised to come or not, it doesn't matter anyways, cause he decided to go to Juve. I didn't have a problem with that. Juve's a big club and Leverkusen is simply a stepping stone for many players. Textbook career move.

Loulie

Oct 7, 2012
I might be wrong, but from what I remember, Pirlo and Barzagli had their worst match in a Juve jersey. Maybe Barza had worse matches in 2010/11 season, but under Conte this was his worst. Wrong time for two such important players to have the worst night in black and white.
I don't know about you but i think barzagli has been way out of form for quite some time now,and that includes the Italy games.

Reality of it is that even if we have a formidable midfield,Bayern are a better team than us.Does that mean we can't beat them??No,we can.However,we need to exert more effort than they would to beat us,which is exactly what we didn't do last night.Infact last night's game was so bad it reminded me of the fiorentina game in the first round.There was someone here who mentioned that Juve could have played like that because they felt that they don't stand a chance,and im starting to think this could be true.I feel like they don't have the belief that they could progress beyond the qf,which is why im not too optimistic about the clash next week.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The benefit of the doubt in regards to this decision was given to the attacking side.How can you even claim it to be 'controversial' ?

I dont have to repeat myself here again.It wasnt a clear offside goal ,it was a marginal offside goal.We were unlucky ? Perhaps but it was not controversial to the extent that we were robbed or something.Now that is what you would call 'controversy'.

I'm done with this argument.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The benefit of the doubt in regards to this decision was given to the attacking side.How can you even claim it to be 'controversial'.

I dont have to repeat myself here again.It wasnt a clear offside goal ,it was a marginal offside goal.We were unlucky ? Perhaps but it was not controversial to the extent that we were robbed or something.

We weren't robbed last night but some decisions like 2nd goal, Ribery's tackle could have changed the course of the game. But it's better this way. Now Conte will have to change something in formation as 3 man back line is not an option in CL.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The benefit of the doubt in regards to this decision was given to the attacking side.How can you even claim it to be 'controversial' ?

I dont have to repeat myself here again.It wasnt a clear offside goal ,it was a marginal offside goal.We were unlucky ? Perhaps but it was not controversial to the extent that we were robbed or something.Now that is what you would call 'controversy'.

I can't believe I'm still discussing this. You may have a different definition of the word "controversy" but here is the official one:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/controversy

or here

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/controversial

The very fact that we are debating this issue since it happened makes it controversial.

Now if you want to follow your definition of the word, that's fine. But don't try to sound like you are absolutely right and I am 100% wrong.

End of topic from my side.

And stop putting words in my mouth. I've never said we were unlucky. Quite the opposite, I've said that we deserved to lose even more. We were quite lucky when it comes to Bayern players aim. I'm just talking about this one situation without the context of the whole game.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Even though I dislike him, I secretly wished he'd join us back when we were linked to him. I think he would have formed a devastating partnership with Schweini. He decided to go to Juve, though. Fair enough. But now I'm pretty happy with Gustavo and Martinez.
Well, I can only speak for his Leverkusen days, but many of his tackles were dirty, or at least borderline dirty. I wouldn't say he had malicious intents, but he went overboard a lot times with his aggressiveness. And as I already said, I just didn't like his whole antics on the field.
I totally understand why other fans dislike Ribery. His on field antics do not really make him a popular player for the opposition fans. He calls for cards, dives occasionally and has a hot temper. Yes, he does have his bad moments regarding fair play, but it's not like Pepe, who is a nutbag and likes to hurt people. It's only when he's constantly provoked or fouled by another player (not saying this justifies his fould against Vidal yesterday).

I have a different understanding of both terms. But fair enough. I think we pretty much agree on the whole matter. It wasn't a wrong decision. It was simply a decision you can debate about.

Stop badmouthing vidal
fuck ribery with black rubber dick
and that gol was absolutely the wrong decision

now learn some tact realize this is a juventus forum the day after we deservedly lost to you team, watch what you say

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
Stop badmouthing vidal
$#@! ribery with black rubber $#@!

now learn some tact realize this is a juventus forum the day after we deservedly lost to you team, watch what you say
OK. I love Vidal, Ribery is a prick and Bayern's second goal was definitely offside. :bigscarf:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
don't even try and defend ribery, he's a cunt for what he did there is no defence for what he did, it wasn't too de-similar to what cambiasso did at the weekend and what nani did against madrid in the last round, he is nothing but a lucky ugly bastard

- - - Updated - - -

Stop badmouthing vidal
fuck ribery with black rubber dick

:delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)