[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (8 Viewers)

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Second goal is offside - don't matter if it's a shot on goal or a pass his whole upper body is behind the last defender.
I stand corrected here - after reading a few posts on this incident I agree with mr. acmilan that Stephan's trailing leg pretty much covers Mandzukic's upper body. Even if it didn't the situation is pretty close so Mario should get the benefit of the doubt there.

Credit to Bayern but I feel they deserved to be up against a more determined opponent and to be treated to a tougher contest. Still, the second leg awaits and Juventus have their chance to prove they are better than what they showed.

P.S. One can always count on mr. @acmilan to show Juventus are not the victims but deserve what they got. :kiss: But why does it seem to me that you are avoiding the Serie A thread lately? Do you have no wish to discuss you team with us anymore?

@Nzoric, learn the offside rules, dude. You are embarassing yourself.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, we badly needed that link between the midfield and attack, which Mirko regularly provides. I completely agree with Rab. Yesterday it was painfully obvious that we needed a man in that hole. Since Mirko wasn't ready to start, Pogba was really needed there. I begged Conte since the 30th minute to take one of Quag/Matri out and put Pogba in :(

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah, we badly needed that link between the midfield and attack, which Mirko regularly provides. I completely agree with Rab. Yesterday it was painfully obvious that we needed a man in that hole. Since Mirko wasn't ready to start, Pogba was really needed there. I begged Conte since the 30th minute to take one of Quag/Matri out and put Pogba in :(
Such a shame Vuci wasn't fit for this. I don't know why but I felt this match was his type of match. Probably because he's the only type of player in the squad who thinks pretty fast with the ball and fills the SS position pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

*yawn* stop crying over spilled milk... Lets focus on the next game... Its time we prove our worth to the world.
Fvck your Balotelli.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
It's not away from Licht's foot, but it's a straight line. The line should go from right to left in a small angle, so yes, a very small bit of Mandzukic's head will be offside. What I'm saying is that even if it's offside, it's an offside that only a camera could notice, not a human eye, especially not without freezing the picture. It was surely a 50-50 call. No team would have had ground for complaining much, whatever the linesman said. We were just unlucky that the linesman gave advantage to the attacker, which they tend to do when they aren't sure if it was offside or not.
Gazzetta's ref called it offside.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
If ever there was a bigger example for creating your own luck then this was it, despite Bayern's dominance they got 2 lucky goals, they were worthy winners.

Like everyone else I'm disappointed with the performance but I know that Juventus are good enough to turn this around in Turin but it will take us getting some luck of our own as well as putting in a great performance and some German complacency.

Really surprised more hasn't been made of Ribery's challenge as he should be banned for the return leg.

I hope for a much better display and I'm sure we'll get it, I'll be going to the game as well.

No matter what happens and even after last night's horror show we can all be proud of this Juve side (Y)

For what it's worth my team for the 2nd leg would be:

Buffon

Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini

Caceres Pogba Pirlo Marchisio Asamoah

Vucinic Quagliarella

Think Caceres offers a very big attacking threat on the right and hopefully if he's fit Conte will opt for him over Isla or Padoin even though we haven't seen him play there in ages.

Asamoah not playing on the left last night was a big mistake which I think we all saw before kickoff.

I thought we desperately lacked the ball sticking upfront last night and lacked a cutting edge, Vucinic is that player who when he's on form is capable of that. Would also give Anelka a start against Pescara and see how he does, I thought Quags showed some good touches last night but I've said many times how I think Anelka could be of real use to us in these situations.

Fino Alla Fine.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
The thing is, Bayern weren't extremely incredible, our horrible play contributed so much to their great showing yesterday, they have their short coming, their defensive coverage is really week, they look really vulnerable at the back, so deep down i still have hope, but we really need a perfect game from the boys, i'd would be down to play a 4-3-3, it gives us more options and take pressure off Pirlo.

Buffon
Caceres-Bonnucci-Bara-Chiello
MPP
Giovinco-Quag-Vucinic
Agreed. This is the way to go.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Caceres - Pogba - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah

Vucinic - Giovinco​

Since we don't have any chances to go to next stage,let's play without pression .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's not away from Licht's foot, but it's a straight line. The line should go from right to left in a small angle, so yes, a very small bit of Mandzukic's head will be offside. What I'm saying is that even if it's offside, it's an offside that only a camera could notice, not a human eye, especially not without freezing the picture. It was surely a 50-50 call. No team would have had ground for complaining much, whatever the linesman said. We were just unlucky that the linesman gave advantage to the attacker, which they tend to do when they aren't sure if it was offside or not.
It's still an offside, no matter how small it seems. There is no such a thing as one offside is less than the other one. I repeat the line you've drawn on that pic is not at right angle if you look at the other lines on the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)