[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (184 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Except that Chiellini was awful too, not to mention how awful he was with the ball, plus Barzagli had one of his worst matches too. Bonucci wasn't good, but he was the best defender on our team last night.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We just don't come up against teams with the quality of Bayern in Serie A, simple as that. Not one team in the league is half as good as them. They were immense all over the pitch.

I would take a 1-0 win in the 2nd leg, exit the comp with dignity.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The way we played mainly came down to the incompetence of our Quag and Matri. They really did not hold the ball well at all which is pivotal to our game plan. We almost always play it to the strikers right away hoping they can hold it up and pass it off once the whole team moves up the pitch or that they can play a smart one-two, flick on or through ball. This plan wasn't working especially with Pirlo completely out of it and Bonucci making poor long ball after poor long ball.

Our whole back three were constantly on their heels. Even Barzagli played pretty carelessly.

shouldline31

May 9, 2012
I dont think we can win 3 - 0 in our home match except some magical thing happen,
but It's good enough to see Juve reach the 1/4 final we need some re-enforcement for the next season,
and Conte must find a solution how to play if Pirlo get closed like last match

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Quite disgusted with what I saw yesterday. I don't mind going out against a stronger team (which this Bayern obviously is) & overall the CL has been a success for us, but we're quite a lot better than what we showed last night.

Buffon 5 - Excellent timing to make the mistake. Which basically meant we had lost the game before it even started. Some improvement after that & few nice saves as well.
Barzagli 5 - Mr reliable wasn't so reliable last night. Unbelievably shaky.
Bonnuci 6 - He did well, all things considered. Held his own & covered for the others whenever possible.
Chiellini 4,5 - Pretty bad. He showed some intensity, but got schooled fairly often.
Lichtsteiner 5,5 - Okay-ish. Don't think there was much more he could have done, a few moments were luck was not on his side.
Peluso 5 - Meh. Some really good moments mixed with some poor ones. I think he would have done all right if the rest of the players surrounding him were up to scratch but Giorgio & Claudio weren't doing him any favours.
Vidal 6 - Probably our best player, which doesn't mean much. Still, if everyone played on his level, the tie may not have been over now.
Pirlo 2 - Why he wasn't subbed out (at halftime already), I'll never understand. Sure, he usually may be vital to our play but yesterday he was vital to Bayern's play. A joke.
Marchisio 3,5 - Terrible. There were moments where he did everything wrong. Literally. And he showed nothing of his usual intelligence.
Quagliarella 4 - The (very) few times he did get some service, he did nothing with it. Saw no smart runs or intelligent plays.
Matri 4 - Same as Quag, with added lack of ball control.

Vucinic 5 - Didn't really provide us with anything & but he was an improvement up front.
Giovinco 4,5 - Fairly weak, but somehow better than the guys he replaced.
Pogba 5 - We shouldn't expect too much from this kid.
Sums it up quite nicely.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
The guys just chose the wrong day to show their worst performance. We are just SOOOOO much better than we showed yesterday.

Our chances are down to 30%, I still believe in our team, they will fight till the end, I am sure about that, however, Conte will need to surprise Bayern, it seemed as they knew everything we would do a step before we were even thinking about it :(

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
one thing is for sure... this match on DVD is something conte really needed... in italy we aren't learning as much from our matches as we are in the CL... this match shows exactly what we should improve this summer if we want to win the damn CL...

also: bayerns team was way younger than our... like 3 years on average... :shifty:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Really you're giving Bonucci a 6? The same rating as you gave Vidal?
All Bonucci did was trying long balls who didn't connect once and even 3/5m passes failed, he was by far the worst defender on the pitch yesterday.
Yeah, the long balls were annoying, but he made the least errors out of our back 3 (or back 5, if you want). And it's utterly unbelievable how often he had to cover for the mistakes the others made.

So it wasn't a nightmare :depressed
What do you mean, it most certainly was a nightmare :D

Mar 30, 2013
I think Pogba needs to score some 25 yard screamers next game.

It's not over guys, you know what our defence is capable of and stopping Bayern from scoring is doable.

We just need to score ourselves.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It was but just not in the figment of the imagination type that I desperately was hoping.

Even Celtic or Arsenal could hold more hope of getting back into this tie, we were completely suffocated throughout 90 mins. We looked so powerless and it's a sad way to end the journey.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Except that Chiellini was awful too, not to mention how awful he was with the ball, plus Barzagli had one of his worst matches too. Bonucci wasn't good, but he was the best defender on our team last night.
Chiellini was horrible, and I'm telling you, the guy isn't even ready to play. From the first minute he looked off the pace.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I think Pogba needs to score some 25 yard screamers next game.

It's not over guys, you know what our defence is capable of and stopping Bayern from scoring is doable.

We just need to score ourselves.
That idea has been going around in my head the whole day.

Can our defense stop Bayern? If we can, then a goal in first time and one on the second time is not impossible. We just need the balls that we saw today on Vidal's performance and put them in all of our players. Our players need Vidal's balls!

Just, I just feel kinda dissapointed I don't know. I'm confused about our whole team and with Lichtsteiner and the Rey Arturo out, I'm not sure if we can do it :sigh:

Bianconero90

Aug 31, 2012
There is no point talking about single players. The whole team sucked yesterda (except vidal)!!
If we play as a team in Turin and with the right attitude we can do it. In football everything is possible!!

May 22, 2007
I had to download this game to watch it, as I was asleep as it started. Torture. It took a lot of self control to not fast forward things after the second goal.

Most of the Juve players can come away from that feeling very embarrassed. There isn't a valid excuse about them being new to a big occasion really, and it wasn't really a case of Bayern being that incredible either. The two veterans in our team arguably the worst (although they had strong competition). Possibly the most feeble Juve performance under Conte? Excluding Vidal.

I recall the Chelsea game at JS where Bonucci was spreading play to either flank really well, and Pirlo was in control of a football. Amazing how those two are so crucial to the team's build up, they can bring 5 or 6 players into the game simply by playing at a reasonable level. I'm quite excited for the return leg now though (much more than I ever was for this game), big opportunity for the team to prove themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 182)