[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (11 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
There is a good possibility we can win in the return leg.But going through ? Common bro be realistic.One away goal and its all over and imo that'll be the difference and settle the tie in the end.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Disgusting performance. Outplayed so badly it's not even funny. Our players aren't so bad you could see at Euro 2012. Teams like Bayern, Real and Barca play with attacking 3 (4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3) so with 3-5-2 it makes them fight our CBs 1v1. Mainly I'd blame tactics but also that quickly lost goal.

With 3-5-2 we won't beat the best. It's too narrow and static. Outplayed on the flanks, outplayed in the middle and our attack nonexistent. Every ball we got back we gave away so easily.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Disgusting performance. Outplayed so badly it's not even funny. Our players aren't so bad you could see at Euro 2012. Teams like Bayern, Real and Barca play with attacking 3 (4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3) so with 3-5-2 it makes them fight our CBs 1v1. Mainly I'd blame tactics but also that quickly lost goal.

With 3-5-2 we won't beat the best. It's too narrow and static. Outplayed on the flanks, outplayed in the middle and our attack nonexistent. Every ball we got back we gave away so easily.
I keep saying, if everyone watches the game closely, they'll realise we were ontop after the goal for about 15 mins. The quick goal fired us into action.

When Robben came on, it was game set match.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Quite disgusted with what I saw yesterday. I don't mind going out against a stronger team (which this Bayern obviously is) & overall the CL has been a success for us, but we're quite a lot better than what we showed last night.

Buffon 5 - Excellent timing to make the mistake. Which basically meant we had lost the game before it even started. Some improvement after that & few nice saves as well.
Barzagli 5 - Mr reliable wasn't so reliable last night. Unbelievably shaky.
Bonnuci 6 - He did well, all things considered. Held his own & covered for the others whenever possible.
Chiellini 4,5 - Pretty bad. He showed some intensity, but got schooled fairly often.
Lichtsteiner 5,5 - Okay-ish. Don't think there was much more he could have done, a few moments were luck was not on his side.
Peluso 5 - Meh. Some really good moments mixed with some poor ones. I think he would have done all right if the rest of the players surrounding him were up to scratch but Giorgio & Claudio weren't doing him any favours.
Vidal 6 - Probably our best player, which doesn't mean much. Still, if everyone played on his level, the tie may not have been over now.
Pirlo 2 - Why he wasn't subbed out (at halftime already), I'll never understand. Sure, he usually may be vital to our play but yesterday he was vital to Bayern's play. A joke.
Marchisio 3,5 - Terrible. There were moments where he did everything wrong. Literally. And he showed nothing of his usual intelligence.
Quagliarella 4 - The (very) few times he did get some service, he did nothing with it. Saw no smart runs or intelligent plays.
Matri 4 - Same as Quag, with added lack of ball control.

Vucinic 5 - Didn't really provide us with anything & but he was an improvement up front.
Giovinco 4,5 - Fairly weak, but somehow better than the guys he replaced.
Pogba 5 - We shouldn't expect too much from this kid.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
I am sure we will be miles better in the second leg, we probably won't get through though.

bayern are the luckiest shits in the entire football world along with Man U . That flukey first goal changed the whole complexion of the game, it's like we started from 1-0 and not 0-0 . Our players probably panicked that we may lose 4-0 or 5-0 and started making atrocious mistakes which just destroyed our whole gameplan. That being said, I think that Conte shouldn't have started with Qu and Matri, especially considering that they played a full match just three days earlier. Assamoah probably should have started instead of Peluso, but that's all history now.

Even if we don't go through, we have to make sure that Bayern go through hell in Turin . :D

Nov 1, 2002
3-5-2 really needs strikers who can hold the ball well so the mids and the wingsbacks push forward. it was clear when Vucinic came on... Quag and Matri can't do anything when they are pressured which make it easier for Bayern mids to keep pressing on Pirlo.

with the 4-3-3 we were Pirlo dependant in the build up play i believe Conte switched to 3-5-2 to make the strikers more active in creating. with Marchisio off form and Vidal having to cover everyone when the strikers keep losing the ball it became extremly difficult for Pirlo to do anything more than passing it back to the 3 defenders.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Vidal doing everything in attack and defense.

Sooner or later someone will push hard to snap him up.

- - - Updated - - -

anything is possible with 2-0... but i don't think we'll go trough.. bayern won't make that mistake again they allmost made against arsenal
Plus Arsenal actually has some dangerous speedy attackers. We got Padoin for the second leg, not that Licht is amazing in attack either.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I've been watching Juve since Lippi's first years at the helm, last night's performance was one of the worst 5 matches I've seen Juve perform. At some point I thought this match would finish similar to Bayern vs Hamburg somehow. Literally a disgusting performance from Juve players, literally.

Conte is to blame the most for this performance. Starting Peluso for Asamoah???? playing with two strikers that barely come back to receive any ball and kill the rhythm of Bayern's fast pace.

If it was up to me, I would have started Pogba for one of Quag or Matri close down the midfield and take off some weight from Marchisio and Vidal's shoulders, start Asamoah who's faster than Peluso and better player overall and make quicker subs in the 2nd half.

I think this match is 90% over. Conte should have been wiser, but I guess too much praise got on his head lately.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Quite disgusted with what I saw yesterday. I don't mind going out against a stronger team (which this Bayern obviously is) & overall the CL has been a success for us, but we're quite a lot better than what we showed last night.

Buffon 5 - Excellent timing to make the mistake. Which basically meant we had lost the game before it even started. Some improvement after that & few nice saves as well.
Barzagli 5 - Mr reliable wasn't so reliable last night. Unbelievably shaky.
Bonnuci 6 - He did well, all things considered. Held his own & covered for the others whenever possible.
Chiellini 4,5 - Pretty bad. He showed some intensity, but got schooled fairly often.
Lichtsteiner 5,5 - Okay-ish. Don't think there was much more he could have done, a few moments were luck was not on his side.
Peluso 5 - Meh. Some really good moments mixed with some poor ones. I think he would have done all right if the rest of the players surrounding him were up to scratch but Giorgio & Claudio weren't doing him any favours.
Vidal 6 - Probably our best player, which doesn't mean much. Still, if everyone played on his level, the tie may not have been over now.
Pirlo 2 - Why he wasn't subbed out (at halftime already), I'll never understand. Sure, he usually may be vital to our play but yesterday he was vital to Bayern's play. A joke.
Marchisio 3,5 - Terrible. There were moments where he did everything wrong. Literally. And he showed nothing of his usual intelligence.
Quagliarella 4 - The (very) few times he did get some service, he did nothing with it. Saw no smart runs or intelligent plays.
Matri 4 - Same as Quag, with added lack of ball control.

Vucinic 5 - Didn't really provide us with anything & but he was an improvement up front.
Giovinco 4,5 - Fairly weak, but somehow better than the guys he replaced.
Pogba 5 - We shouldn't expect too much from this kid.
Really you're giving Bonucci a 6? The same rating as you gave Vidal?
All Bonucci did was trying long balls who didn't connect once and even 3/5m passes failed, he was by far the worst defender on the pitch yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)