[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (20 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
First off: Massive kudos to Bayern. They play a hefty game of football. Every pass is spot on, their pressing play is out of the world, the fantasy in their front line is mind boggling.

Time to get dirty:

The only Juve players who should not bow their heads in shame are: Giovinco, Vucinic & Vidal.

Pirlo and Buffon, the two players we have with most European caps experience played absolute howlers. Buffon couldn't do anything about the first goal, but he was absolutely dreadful throughout the game. Boxing when he should catch, not commanding his space on corners and gifting them a goal which pretty much sealed the deal. Absolute howler from him, and Pirlo was almost just as bad. He gave the ball away on so many occasions that I lost count after 60 minutes - the very worst game he's played in a Juventus shirt.

Quags & Matri did what I expected them to do: fuck all. They are both good strikers for the average Serie A opposition, playing them together against the lesser teams in Serie A works because they both have decent enough physique. When you're pressed by arguably the best team in Europe they are at the very bottom of the list of strikers you want on your team. Even the balls that Pirlo got through the Bayern pressuring they squandered away, often resulting in dangerous counter attacks. To all the people day dreaming out there it should be painstakingly obvious that we simply can't play against quality sides without Vucinic in attack. The single chance we created was from him and I think that we would've had a few more had he started - but I guess he was sick so there's nothing to do there.

All in all, 5-0 would've been a more fair result than 2-1. That's how outplayed we were.

The hopefull part:

We need to shift to a 4-3-3 next game, with Vucinic on the LW and Seba on the RW. Keep them high up the pitch and pray to god that our defenders don't sleep throughout the game again. Matri or Quags as the single striker, it makes little difference - we need to attack them from the flanks as their fullbacks are on our side of the pitch throughout the game.

Pirlo needs to get his head out of his fucking ass in the next game. He played like a drugged donkey today, despicable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

enzo

May 14, 2012
We looked slightly better when Mirko came on. He needs to start the next game.
..but only for minutes. vucinic at 100% probably would have made a difference. he would have started then though. but that was not our weak point today. our midfield was totally ineffective.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The one thing I don't like about this Juve side is our defense tends to hold the ball for too much. I know back 3 brought us success but just like Conte changed 4-2-4 and 4-3-3 another change is necessary if we want to develop our game further.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
To be honest. I've never liked Bayern and now I dislike them even more. However, we had no means against them today. Just being honest. It will be a tough daynat work tomorrow :sergio: however, I will wear our shirt with proud :)
Bayern are honestly one of the more respect worthy teams in Europe. They've built a great team and are arguably the only team that can beat Barcelona. And are by far the most organized, well oiled unit on this level. And have been for a while mind you.

Bianconero90

Aug 31, 2012
I'll never give up hope until its over, we can go through!! BUT it will need a complete different match from our players! And without Vidal and Licht its gonna be even harder, but I'll never lose my confidence in this team!
Forza Juve, still 90 minutes to go (or maybe more)!!

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
..but only for minutes. vucinic at 100% probably would have made a difference. he would have started then though. but that was not our weak point today. our midfield was totally ineffective.
They started with 5 midfielders and 4 defenders, we played with 3 midfielders and 5 defenders. I don't understand why people were opposed to Pogba instead of a striker to begin with, especially when Bayern are excellent in possession and dispossessing opponents.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
All i have to say is that our strikers sucks, first game i missed Mirko, he could at least make a 2m pass from time to time,

Matri and Quag are midtable teams players, it showed tonight, same for Peluso, no way they should start in this kind of games. Lost count of how many times both mishandled misplaced easy passes, if we had at least capable forwards, they could take some pressure of the defence, gaining fouls, holding to the ball, but no as soon as they get the ball the lose it

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
All i have to say is that our strikers sucks, first game i missed Mirko, he could at least make a 2m pass from time to time,

Matri and Quag are midtable teams players, it showed tonight, same for Peluso, no way they should start in this kind of games. Lost count of how many times both mishandled misplaced easy passes, if we had at least capable forwards, they could take some pressure of the defence, gaining fouls, holding to the ball, but no as soon as they get the ball the lose it
Spot on. We need better forwards at this level. Matri and Quags are good for Serie A but to challenge Bayern, Barcelona we would need more talent in that department.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His post match comments disappointed me even more. It's not like he was 100% wrong with what he said, but he sounds like a Pescara coach saying how his team just isn't ready to face the best in Italy. He literally said that Juve are way too far behind Europe's best. Even if true, you just don't say it before the return leg. Maybe he wanted to give Bayern false security and impression that Juve already gave up, but I doubt that's what he was doing. I think he was honest and a defeated man who knows we stand no chance.
Hm Somewhat reminiscent of a Del Neri post match comment but only with respect to the european competition.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Bayern are honestly one of the more respect worthy teams in Europe. They've built a great team and are arguably the only team that can beat Barcelona. And are by far the most organized, well oiled unit on this level. And have been for a while mind you.
I agree with that, obviously I feel antipathy when they play Juve because I fear them hurting us. But bar Ribery they were completely respectful towards us and just went about playing their game.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Buffon
Caceres Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Pogba Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco Vucinic Anelka​

not going to happen but might aswell go all out and attack their weakest spot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)