[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (130 Viewers)

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
Glad you wrote this last part, because yes, I too saw that Conte was tactically outclassed tonight, but ... although I was disappointed about it for a little while, I remind myself that it was only 2 years ago Conte was coaching morons like Reginaldo in Siena. Now he's coaching in the quarter finals of the Champions League, up against an old fox like Heynckes.

Let's cut Conte some slack. He's doing very well with this club.
LOL!!! My first smile after match. I am know less depressed. Thanks man!

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Conte needs to realize that our 2 strikers way up front does not work against athletic teams. We suffer the same problem over and over. The strikers are too isolated and when they come back to the ball, they have a defender all the way on their back. Only option is to one touch somewhere which none have the talent to pull off consistently.

Also our wide players have nowhere to go with the ball except up the line or back to a CB. We have become an extremely predictable team and Bayern had us sorted in the 1st minute.

We need someone to drop off and make the top part of a triangle with Marchisio and Vidal.

I'm really shocked Conte did not switch to something like a 4-3-3 when it was clear that nothing was going to change. Utterly and completely sorted out by Heynckes. Not even an attempt to adapt our tactic to search for a crucial away goal. FFS, a 3-1 loss is better than 2-0.

Once Muller came into the middle of the pitch instead of Kroos, I knew we were fucked. Pirlo had a chance to handle Kroos. No chance against that working maniac Muller, and on top of it Mandzukic dropping back. What a disaster. We should have instantly removed Pirlo and made the point of reference behind our strikers instead of on top of our defense.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Atleast we have one more game to get our experience levels up. Hopefully Conte tries something new. It's been great while it lasted so hopefully we go a step further next year. Give us a proper game next week.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
There wasn't actually one period of play throughout the match where we looked the better team, if we had one then I'd be feeling more optimistic.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Licht was the one looking for contact, the Bayern defender did nothing wrong there, so whoever is saying we deserve a penalty is wrong. That second goal looks legit enough to me. It wasn't a pass and the guy is on line, and attackers are supposed to get the benefit of doubt in situations like that.

If we still had Vidal, there would be a chance we could win as he's our best player by far but nah. Not without him. All I know is we need to make Pogba a starter next year. Pirlo has too many games where he's awful and Marchisio has too many games where he's invisible. They can rotate.

Oh, and fuck Ribery. His character matches his face. Hideous as fuck.
Agree on Lichtsteiner incident - definitely not a penalty but a harsh yellow as well.

Second goal is offside - don't matter if it's a shot on goal or a pass his whole upper body is behind the last defender.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Anelka-Mirko to start. Some actually quality up front will help, I don't think their defense is as good as ours when ours decides they want to play a good game.

Home side.

Pogba.

Only worried about the right side without Licht.
You could've had Messi and Ronaldo playing upfront for you tonight and they wouldn't score. Did you not see the game? You're not going to score if you don't take a shot on goal. You're not going to get a shot in goal if the best player on your team is being replaced by one of the more mindless defenders putting long balls forward, aiming for the linesmen. Conte got his subs wrong. Vucinic should've come on for Matri. Asamoah for Peluso. And Pogba for Marchisio. It was his lack of actually having a legit plan b that he subbed the two forwards together assuming they were the problem in this match. Bayern's entire play starts and builds from the flanks. Peluso got murdered there, and you seriously cannot expect to get the semis of the Qatari league if you've got battles like Padoin vs Ribery and Peluso vs Robben.

My personal analysis of this game was that we gave Bayern way too much respect. Even after the first goal, we showed some movement and structure in our play, and they seemed vulnerable when that was happening. Post that, we just collapsed. I'm not so sure the 352 is the formation we should be looking at when you're up against a team with such dynamic lateral movement. I have absolutely no complaints against what happened there tonight. It wasn't on a knife edge. The better team won. You know what they say though, 2-0 is the worst lead in football. And quite frankly, could've been a lot worse for us tonight.

Pogba automatically starts the next game, and I'd rather we go with Caceres or Isla than Padoin, but lets see if Conte thinks up something. I'd still go with Vucinic-Quag in this game because Gio's going to have no chance in such a physical set up. I hope we can treat the tie as a one off. The only positive upside I can think off is, that we are going to be at home with nothing to lose. Juve are pretty good on nights like those.

Though my prediction would be a 2-1 or 2-2 draw.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
His post match comments disappointed me even more. It's not like he was 100% wrong with what he said, but he sounds like a Pescara coach saying how his team just isn't ready to face the best in Italy. He literally said that Juve are way too far behind Europe's best. Even if true, you just don't say it before the return leg. Maybe he wanted to give Bayern false security and impression that Juve already gave up, but I doubt that's what he was doing. I think he was honest and a defeated man who knows we stand no chance.
Agree with this.

enzo

May 14, 2012
They are actually quite pleasant. Unless there are some crazies I haven't seen yet they are actually nice...acmilan style nice. :touched:
To be honest. I've never liked Bayern and now I dislike them even more. However, we had no means against them today. Just being honest. It will be a tough daynat work tomorrow :sergio: however, I will wear our shirt with proud :)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
It wasn't a pass and the guy is on line
Doesn't have to be an intended pass. And he wasn't on line.

Doesn't change the fact that those fail to get called or are called wrongly all the time - it happens so fast that human error will always be a factor.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I'd say it was more on par :D Then unfortunately Kroos got injured and Robben came on, that was a big point in the game.
Yeah probably, the Vidal and Pirlo shots early on were the only points of reference I had.

Hard to say how much Robben's introduction played, he's such a ball hogger, must be so frustrating to play with.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
His post match comments disappointed me even more. It's not like he was 100% wrong with what he said, but he sounds like a Pescara coach saying how his team just isn't ready to face the best in Italy. He literally said that Juve are way too far behind Europe's best. Even if true, you just don't say it before the return leg. Maybe he wanted to give Bayern false security and impression that Juve already gave up, but I doubt that's what he was doing. I think he was honest and a defeated man who knows we stand no chance.
It's really strange. He even said it in the prematch. Something to the extent of, we'll know just how far behind we are of these guys. Dunno how that's going to motivate your team when you talk like that. Also, Ive got to say, he himself must be going through the motions coz it was arguably his biggest match in two years. And his entire coaching career. Wht doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger I guess. I just hope this doesn't drive him to accept a move abroad, seeing the level of players he was up against tonight and Juve's lack of funds to get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)