[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (16 Viewers)

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
With 3-5-2 I can't see anything good for us. I don't know who will replace Licht. Padoin maybe? Pgba instead of Vidal another blow for us. Not because of Pogba but because Vidal is key player in this Juventus side. Maybe with 4-1-4-1 something like this

Buffon
Padoin-Barza-Chiellini-Peluso
Pirlo
Giovinco-Pogba--Marchisio-Asamoah
Vucinic
if my memory doesn't fuck me gio played a left winger in 4-4-2 under Ranieri

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Aside from the obvious stated on here, I'm disappointed in Conte. He was clearly out-coached here and strangely looked happy to accept a 1-0 defeat.

There seemed to be a lack of a reaction from him and whilst it may be ok to accept defeat to a better opposition, he should not allow his players to put in a lacklustre performance and continue making silly errors like trying to play it out from the back when they were pressing that high. He looked strangely quiet tonight for almost the entire second half.

Learning curve I guess, he's still fairly new at this, especially in comparison to a guy like Heynckes.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It will be interesting to see how Seba tries to help Padoin against Ribery :D
Very difficult for both of them as we've seen what Ribery is capable of. Amazing player really. But they are both fast players and maybe they could slow him down a bit.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Disappointed about how this turned out. And given how we failed to turn around smaller deficits against 3 English teams and La Coruna at home in the last decade, I am not going to be optimistic about the second leg. Bitter about Conte starting Matri and Quagliarella.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They will also have Boateng and that Basque midfielder back for the 2nd leg.

Beh, if nothing else, we'll surely be less nervous next week and we might adjust better to their game plan. Bayern won't change anything now that they saw how tonight's tactics worked perfectly.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Aside from the obvious stated on here, I'm disappointed in Conte. He was clearly out-coached here and strangely looked happy to accept a 1-0 defeat.

There seemed to be a lack of a reaction from him and whilst it may be ok to accept defeat to a better opposition, he should not allow his players to put in a lacklustre performance and continue making silly errors like trying to play it out from the back when they were pressing that high. He looked strangely quiet tonight for almost the entire second half.

Learning curve I guess, he's still fairly new at this, especially in comparison to a guy like Heynckes.
Glad you wrote this last part, because yes, I too saw that Conte was tactically outclassed tonight, but ... although I was disappointed about it for a little while, I remind myself that it was only 2 years ago Conte was coaching morons like Reginaldo in Siena. Now he's coaching in the quarter finals of the Champions League, up against an old fox like Heynckes.

Let's cut Conte some slack. He's doing very well with this club.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Licht was the one looking for contact, the Bayern defender did nothing wrong there, so whoever is saying we deserve a penalty is wrong. That second goal looks legit enough to me. It wasn't a pass and the guy is on line, and attackers are supposed to get the benefit of doubt in situations like that.

If we still had Vidal, there would be a chance we could win as he's our best player by far but nah. Not without him. All I know is we need to make Pogba a starter next year. Pirlo has too many games where he's awful and Marchisio has too many games where he's invisible. They can rotate.

Oh, and fuck Ribery. His character matches his face. Hideous as fuck.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Padoin Pogba Pirlo Marchisio Asamoah
Matri Vucinic​

That's going to be the team.

We'll win 2-1. We'll lose on aggregate.

We'll all cry.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
His post match comments disappointed me even more. It's not like he was 100% wrong with what he said, but he sounds like a Pescara coach saying how his team just isn't ready to face the best in Italy. He literally said that Juve are way too far behind Europe's best. Even if true, you just don't say it before the return leg. Maybe he wanted to give Bayern false security and impression that Juve already gave up, but I doubt that's what he was doing. I think he was honest and a defeated man who knows we stand no chance.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There's still something in it for Juve to learn from in the mental and physical preparation for next year. But I'm afraid that's all we're gonna get outta this tie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)