[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (40 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Celtic made us suffer (easy for us to forget because of the aggregate scoreline) but their average players did for that very tactical reason.

I think Conte seriously needs to consider reverting to a back 4 (which he did by the way in the 2nd half). Especially now there is no Lichsteiner. That may actually be a blessing in disguise as it may force Conte to consider the back 4.

For the return leg, I would like to see this formation:

---------------------Buffon--------------------

Caceres----Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini

--------Pogba-----Pirlo-----Marchisio-------

-----------Vucinic----------Giovinco/Asamoah
-----------------Matri/Quags-----------------

Would rather play a back 4 then have Padoin being our right back against Bayern. I also think Giovinco and Vucinic are best suited to that formation.

I Actually agree, I think a 4-3-1-2 is our only chance, although I would go all out and drop Pirlo, I think he will be destroyed again, he was horrendeous tonight.

Caceres - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

--- Asamoah - Pogba Marchisio ---

-------------- Vučinić ---------------

------- Anelka ------ Giovinco -------

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Celtic made us suffer (easy for us to forget because of the aggregate scoreline) but their average players did for that very tactical reason.

I think Conte seriously needs to consider reverting to a back 4 (which he did by the way in the 2nd half). Especially now there is no Lichsteiner. That may actually be a blessing in disguise as it may force Conte to consider the back 4.

For the return leg, I would like to see this formation:

---------------------Buffon--------------------

Caceres----Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini

--------Pogba-----Pirlo-----Marchisio-------

-----------Vucinic----------Giovinco/Asamoah
-----------------Matri/Quags-----------------

Would rather play a back 4 then have Padoin being our right back against Bayern. I also think Giovinco and Vucinic are best suited to that formation.
Bonucci in 4 man defense would be disaster. He likes to play with ball to much and often he fucks up. And I'm not sure Cacares will be available.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
Any chance we switch to 4-3-3, for next season, because for this one it doesnt matter
+100500 Also thinking about it. Lets face it - teams do not run in Italy, they walk at the field so it's enough to have 3 defenders in Serie A. But when you put back 3 under pressure at very fast pace - hole line is ruining. I agree with guy who told Conte learned nothing after shakhtar game. That sad.

by the way when Capello says 3-5-2 sucks maybe he knows something ha?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Man I feel sick, that early goal was such a sucker punch :sad:

What was the general feeling for the Lichtsteiner penalty claim, should it have been given?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
They wont do a second leg Arsenal again unfortunately.
true, the Arsenal game makes a scenario like this less likely but their domination today was so complete that I wouldn't put it beyond them. This time around they will field their best team but it's the mental readiness of the players that would make the biggest difference.

An early goal by Juve would crucial in that game as it would allow you to seek the 2nd more patiently without giving too much space to bayern for counters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)