[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (194 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
Why does everyone continue to talk about the attack? Where was our defence and midfield? Juve kept playing from the back when it clearly wasnt working so why did Conte continue to allow them to play like that? Also whats the point of having midfielders if they arent going to do anyhting? Vidal and Licht were the best 2 players out there the whole time. Licht shouldnt have been booked cause it wasnt a dive and the first goal was clearly all Vidals fault. Juve are done they cant recuperate from this. Juve need a plan b or just allow bayern to get through without any effort

Oct 23, 2011
The return leg will be nothing more than a formality, especially without Vidal. I don't expect Bayern taking it easy as they did against Arsenal. Our midfield was completely dominated in every single duel, therefore we couldn't keep possession and weren't able to play our game. I won't blame the strikers anything, we know what limitations they have and playing in these circumstances wasn't easy for them. My biggest disappointments were Pirlo and Marchisio, i was expecting very much of these two, together with Vidal who did perform though, and it was stated beforehand that the game would be won with the 3v3 in midfield. I wasn't expecting this, that is the part that hurts the most.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
disappointing showing by Juve - Bayern is obviously a very good team but I think Juve made them look even better today. The whole team bar a player or two lacked composure and looked bewildered. Conte made his tactical adjustments way too late - i expected he would have learned his lesson from the first Shakhtar game and wouldn't start with a pure 3-5-2 but ...
Still, I think Juve's main issue today was the mental approach to this game, which had them behind from the get go. Altogether, a rather uncharacteristic showing by the team.

It's not over yet but the lack of an away goal makes things extremely diff for Juve as it would be tough keeping a good counter-attacking team like Bayern off the board in Torino. Best chance for Juve at this point would be if Bayern end up relaxing and underestimating the return leg, tbh.
Nice post. :tup:

Agree.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
They did what Celtic has done, press hard with attack much much better.That is our weakness, when opponent press for long spells we lose our composure.And referee was a disaster, cunt.Very sad for second offside goal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Why does everyone continue to talk about the attack? Where was our defence and midfield? Juve kept playing from the back when it clearly wasnt working so why did Conte continue to allow them to play like that? Also whats the point of having midfielders if they arent going to do anyhting? Vidal and Licht were the best 2 players out there the whole time. Licht shouldnt have been booked cause it wasnt a dive and the first goal was clearly all Vidals fault. Juve are done they cant recuperate from this. Juve need a plan b or just allow bayern to get through without any effort
because chelsea proved that having a great striker can sometimes compensate problems elsewhere.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We had only one chance, right? The one right after Seba and Mirko were subbed in, when Mirko played it for Licht and Vidal's shot was saved by Neuer. One and a half chance if we count Bonucci's header after Pirlo's corner kick cross. It's not like Bayern had +10 chances, but still, it's Juve who can be happier that the result wasn't fair. 3:0 would have presented the happenings on this match better. And with the way we played until we conceded the 2nd, it was painfully obvious that we were too happy with a 1:0 defeat.

I feel that Conte's inexperience showed tonight.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we were fucked mentally after the first minute, plus Pirlo having one of his drunk games.

we'll turn it around in Torino, no worries.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
no offence mate as sad as im here about you getting dumped but fuck your girlfriend. Juve is your true and only love! Never leave your old lady!
:sergio:

Badass_Full_Retard

- - - Updated - - -

no offence mate as sad as im here about you getting dumped but fuck your girlfriend. Juve is your true and only love! Never leave your old lady!
:sergio:

Badass_Full_Retard

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
no Vidal and Lich next game too so it was a good run. I expected changes from Conte at the start of the 2nd half but he didn't. I think that was one of Pirlo's worst games with us and Marchisio was invisible.
Conte was clearly satisfied with the 1-0, as soon as the 2nd goal he subbed.
I don't know why our mid flirted with the ball so much though?! Against a mid as fluid as Bayern's you should be at your sharpest, that Marchisio especially Pirlo and even Pogba weren't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 194)