[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (187 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Wasn't expecting much from this tie, bayern got too much fire power especially in wide areas and conceding that early didn't help with the plans either.
now we know why a player like Vucinic is important to the system. as good as the defence is, you can't just expect not to concede for the whole match without looking half decent going forward.

even a half fit Mirko should have played today. on we go to the 2nd leg.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We could have had Messi and Ibra up there. Little would have changed. We were tactically destroyed by better athletes and better footballers. They knew exactly what to do with their constant pressure on our defense and Pirlo. The way they covered ground, their passing, off the ball movement and quick transformation in attack was way too much for our 8 non-attackers.

Our chance now is to open the score in Turin and on the wings of that goal to put Bayern under pressure. We have 10% chance to take the match to ET, but I have hopes. Something I didn't have when Arsenal destroyed us with the same result and in a similar manner back in '06.
You really expect us not to concede with the amounts of space we'll leave behind while we're trying to put 2 past Bayern?

This tie is over.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Terrible dip in performance or a reality check? :(
Both. This LOOKED like our worst performance of the season. And to some extent thats because Bayern were great but I think there is truth in it.

One thing that has become painfully obvious after this defeat is our biggest weakness. If the opposition decides to press the back 3 (which rarely happens in Serie A), we cannot seem to cope. Soooo many times, we tried playing our way out of defense only to lose the ball - in the end, Bonucci resorted to punting the ball down the field to Giovinco who had to control the ball against a defender twice his height.

In reflection, if you told me that at the start of the season that we would win the scudetto and get to the quarter finals of the CL, I would be satisfied. Juve will learn from this. Conte will learn from this. If man for man, you don't have the better squad, you need to be tactically flexible. We need to have a plan B at all times - and that includes more regularly playing with a back 4 and having a plan B when Pirlo is not available or not in form.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Woow. Hands down the worst performance ever. Totally outplayed by an agressive Bayern.

Pirlo's worst display in a juve jersey. Ohh well, at least I won't be that nervous for the return leg. There is no way that we will win 2-0 or more.

In any case, there is no shame of crashing out in the quarters to this Bayern Munich. They have a very good team and are my personal favorites to lift the cup.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Let's calm down. I'm trying to figure out what happened? We were totally trashed and destroyed. Can't believe gap in quality of players is the only reason. Maybe it was a tactical incompatibility of 352 against 4231 or what do you think. I really do not understand what happened to us.
Let's be honest. With Matri and Quag as starters we didn't have much chance. Marchisio was a huge disappointment tonight. He was practically invisible for most of the match. And 3-5-2 against sides like Bayern turns out to be 5-3-2. We were really pushed back for most of the game.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Do you really think that offside goal changes anything? We were so lucky to not concede more goals
But conceding an offside goal doesnt make us any unluckier. It was a blatant linesman mistake, as for lucky not to concede then thats Bayern who couldnt finish. It doesnt justify our performance which was utterly shit but heck 1-0 away would have given us a chance but now its over.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
At least ww hav pogba to covee for vidal..but licht...omg padoin
Caceres.

Although a comeback against them is possible (Arsenal almost did it), I think it's all over for us. Congratulations to Bayern as they played infinitely better, but this just wasn't our year. Now lets focus on getting that goalscorer and hopefully this doesn't affect our Serie A form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 185)