[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (134 Viewers)

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Speaking of which I am sure we lost that game when there was no Ribery and Robben came on late. We looked awful defending corners that day too and didn't pick up Van Buyten or Gomez.

Although that season we conceded loads from set pieces overall, I remember one in each of the games against Bordeaux too.
yes true, bayern scored twice by corners I remember, set pieces are so important, u can really make use of it... I wonder how good barca would be by using more set pieces

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
yes true, bayern scored twice by corners I remember, set pieces are so important, u can really make use of it... I wonder how good barca would be by using more set pieces
problem is Barca lack height so it is some what difficult for them to capitalise on the set pieces so i can't see them being any good on the set pieces at any point soon

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That defense against Bayern in 2009 :yao:

That game against Bayern to an extent signified our European downfall.Could this upcoming game against Bayern lead to the start of our dominance in Europe ? :cronios:

(maybe dominance is bit too strong a word ,but i hope you get what i'm saying)

Mar 18, 2013
That defense against Bayern in 2009 :yao:

That game against Bayern to an extent signified our European downfall.Could this upcoming game against Bayern lead to the start of our dominance in Europe ? :cronios:

(maybe dominance is bit too strong a word ,but i hope you get what i'm saying)
I believe whoever wins this tie will be in the final. Whether they'll win it you never know, but these are two of the strongest, most consistent teams (barring the last 2-3 brainfarts Bayern has had and Juve's stumbles) in the competition. Madrid suffers against Bayern and they would get crushed by Juve, and Barca... well, that's a huge question mark now, isn't it?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I believe whoever wins this tie will be in the final. Whether they'll win it you never know, but these are two of the strongest, most consistent teams (barring the last 2-3 brainfarts Bayern has had and Juve's stumbles) in the competition. Madrid suffers against Bayern and they would get crushed by Juve, and Barca... well, that's a huge question mark now, isn't it?
Well i said the same thing in the CL thread too..I too believe whoever is going to win this tie is going to reach the Champions League Final.

If Juve are able to get past Bayern,we really have to believe we have what it takes to win CL this year.

Mar 18, 2013
Well i said the same thing in the CL thread too..I too believe whoever is going to win this tie is going to reach the Champions League Final.

If Juve are able to get past Bayern,we really have to believe we have what it takes to win CL this year.
I said as much at the start of this season: if not Bayern, Juve will win this. I was hoping it'd be the final. We had a massive run of form at the beginning of the season, great depth, and overall squad quality to go, and so does Juve. Barca's defense has been laughable, and Madrid have been shambolic. Dortmund looks great too, but I think we could beat them at the final if it came to that. Juve is the one team I believe can put a real challenge to Bayern in all areas, and if we lose to you I damn well expect you to raise that cup at the end of this. You'd better!

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
I have a feeling it will be a Dortmund vs Juventus final this year...especially as it's held in Wembley and I live quite close to the stadium. Would be amazing if I could get tickets to see Juve in the final :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I have a feeling it will be a Dortmund vs Juventus final this year...especially as it's held in Wembley and I live quite close to the stadium. Would be amazing if I could get tickets to see Juve in the final :D
i've already been saving up for tickets, i don't live too far away from wembley myself and i got the 96 CL final shirt saved for this occasion :heart:

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
So you would like to take revenge against dortmund for 1997? That win of Dortmund was really a sensation that time. similar to Euros 2004, when greece won the title...

That Juve team in 1997 was almost unstoppable, but the pressure was on them, maybe that was the problem, nobody expect dortmund to win.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So you would like to take revenge against dortmund for 1997? That win of Dortmund was really a sensation that time. similar to Euros 2004, when greece won the title...

That Juve team in 1997 was almost unstoppable, but the pressure was on them, maybe that was the problem, nobody expect dortmund to win.
i still have nightmares about chapuisat. The king of headers they called him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)