[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (41 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I guess we need to play Van Buyten then :hellyes:. Guy's a beast in set pieces and has been suprisingly defensively solid this season. His defending one-on-one against players with decent pace though is :rolleyes:
You definitely have some players who could cause us problems on set-pieces. Van Buyten, Müller, Gomez in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

That Marchisio's nick name?
A couple of years ago he earned the nickname "The invisible man" or "ghost" / phantom here at Juventuz. Because he would drift away and become 'invisible' during matches. But it's a long time since he was like that. However, we have some members on here who still claim that he's like that, which isn't true. He's a fantastic midfielder, and often times even decisive.

Mar 16, 2013
You definitely have some players who could cause us problems on set-pieces. Van Buyten, Müller, Gomez in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of years ago he earned the nickname "The invisible man" or "ghost" / phantom here at Juventuz. Because he would drift away and become 'invisible' during matches. But it's a long time since he was like that. However, we have some members on here who still claim that he's like that, which isn't true. He's a fantastic midfielder, and often times even decisive.
Good to know. I called Müller the phantom because he drifts in and out of games but ultimately always appears and does something genius and game deciding when you least expect it. He has a big bag of tricks. And even if he's invisible all game, which does happen occasionally, he impacts the game through his smart movements. He's brilliant off the ball. Always present but not always visible.

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
we had one in the past -->Roy Makaay u never saw him, but like a phantom he was there to strike, he was really cold as ice, 129 games for bayern (78) goals.
Legend :delpiero: I think we're missing a striker like Makaay, who can score from very few chances. Gomez and Mandzukic, in particular, just waste too many opportunities for my liking. Imagine Makaay in his prime in our current formation, getting constantly fed by Ribery, Kroos, Müller and Schweini. He'd easily bag 40 goals a season. :tuttosport:

Mar 16, 2013
this game its like Germany vs Italy, euro 2012 semifinal, and we already knew who's the winner right :juve1:
This time you're dealing with an in form non injured Schweinsteiger in midfield though. I'm still salty about that game, especially since I knew Germany would lose when I saw the line up. I don't know what the hell Jogi Low was thinking with that line up.

Better not mention the Euro 2012 semi final or I'll turn green and into a Celtics fan. :lol:

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
138 goals (245 matches). Our most-scoring foreign player ever.
damn really nice record! today u miss striker like him... Messi or Ronaldo are not this type of Striker, I mean a real central striker....

i was always more of a Elber fan personally :)
me too, he was more joy to watch, good first touch, and a clear view for his mates.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We don't have many of those :D

Our defence is our biggest strength, to be honest. However, sometimes there is some sloppy marking when defending against cornerkicks and freekicks. Remember a couple of times this season when opposition players were allowed to head straight at goal, more or less unmarked.

Also, Bonucci isn't the best tackler in the game, despite having improved massively over the course of the last two seasons. He reads the game well, though, and is becoming increasingly good with clearances, headers and passing. But his tackle success ratio could be higher.

Barzagli and Chiellini are just beasts. I think that's well documented. Also, Lichtsteiner and Asamoah are very good defensively.
Don't forget Buffon behind ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)