[Champions League] Bayern München vs JUVENTUS (April 2, 2013) (20 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Juve's midfielders certainly need to be very careful about picking when to move forward.

You don't want them bursting beyond Matri or Quagliarella only for the ball to be lost, potentially leaving Juve short of numbers defensively.
Thankfully the juve midfielders, Marchisio and Pirlo especially, know how to play intelligently.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be playing Asamoah precisely because I think he is more suited to playing one-on-one against Lahm that Peluso.

I'd be looking for Chiellini to play Muller.
Yes Asamoah Lahm wouldve been a good matchup in our favour. The Ghanian has the ideal qualities to (man-)handle Lahm.

- - - Updated - - -

Asamoah is a sure bet to enter the game on minute 60-70 though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Thankfully the juve midfielders, Marchisio and Pirlo especially, know how to play intelligently.
Be the wingbacks that would be a concern as much as the central players.

At some point, unless Juve are just going to be stuck playing a flat back five, the wingbacks are going to move beyind the Bayern wingers.

Giving the ball away at the wrong moment as that is happening could leave Juve in a very difficult situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Juve need to be incredibly careful about holding at corners.

With an English ref - an attention-seeking English ref, no less - there has to be a real danger of him jumping at the opportunity to give a penalty for some bog standard marking at corners.

Apr 2, 2013
Peluso or Asa is hard to pick Bayern has fast players on both flanks which licht can handle speaking of Asa or Peluso I would pick Peluso because he is more defensive player (and we need that tonight) he is used to play as a full back while Asa is faster but he isn't used to play as a full back which will cause us alot of issues when we defend so Peluso can stand off and wait for their players and all he has to do is to defend I don t want him to attack or do anything else both of our wingers should actually defend only today and dont try to attack because if they did we gonna be hit bad by their counter strikes

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Be the wingbacks that would be a concern as much as the contral players.

At some point, unless Juve are just going to be stuck playing a flat back five, the wingbacks are going to move beyind the Bayern wingers.

Giving the ball away at the wrong moment as that is happening could leave Juve in a very difficult situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Juve need to be incredibly careful about holding at corners.

With an English ref - an attention-seeking English ref, no less - there has to be a real danger of him jumping at the opportunity to give a penalty for some bog standard marking at corners.
True enough, but I reckon we're well equiped to deal with that danger. One of the strengths of this team( and the formation) is to create numerical advantages both in defence as well as in possesion.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
True enough, but I reckon we're well equiped to deal with that danger. One of the strengths of this team( and the formation) is to create numerical advantages both in defence as well as in possesion.
Yeah, but 4-2-3-1 (particularly one that actually has wingers) is not a comfortable match-up for Juve's system.

Have to work very well to avoid being outnumbered on the flanks or to avoid being left light in the centre if players have moved wide to avoid an overload on a flank.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Peluso or Asa is hard to pick Bayern has fast players on both flanks which licht can handle speaking of Asa or Peluso I would pick Peluso because he is more defensive player (and we need that tonight) he is used to play as a full back while Asa is faster but he isn't used to play as a full back which will cause us alot of issues when we defend so Peluso can stand off and wait for their players and all he has to do is to defend I don t want him to attack or do anything else both of our wingers should actually defend only today and dont try to attack because if they did we gonna be hit bad by their counter strikes
I'd pick Asamoah for his pace...he is strong as well so with the wingers Bayern has to offer, we need a bit more muscle and pass there. I'd sacrifice the crossing ability of Peluso so we can have a bit more of a lock down on that flank with Asa.

addya.wikrama

May 22, 2009
I really hope Conte did his homework, analyzing Muenchen matches, knowing their weaknesses, how to utilize them, and transfer it to the team.. If he did, and I'm sure he did, so it's my turn to give my support on any formation and any player he decides to use..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I really hope Conte did his homework, analyzing Muenchen matches, knowing their weaknesses, how to utilize them, and transfer it to the team.. If he did, and I'm sure he did, so it's my turn to give my support on any formation and any player he decides to use..
I'm sure he has. I have a feeling this game will be decided by an individual error, not one of tactics.

addya.wikrama

May 22, 2009

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah, but 4-2-3-1 (particularly one that actually has wingers) is not a comfortable match-up for Juve's system.

Have to work very well to avoid being outnumbered on the flanks or to avoid being left light in the centre if players have moved wide to avoid an overload on a flank.
This. I have confidence in Conte being able to set up the team to counter Bayern's system. Although I can't think of any obvious way to do it. I think we may see the counter attacking Juventus that we saw at Celtic Park. Keeping our WBs as FBs for most of the game, inviting Bayern onto us and trying to make our chances on the break. Of course we'll have a significantly higher quality of player to deal with here but that's what the Champions League is all about!

Bring on this game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)