Champions League 2022-23 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
City won which is good since Inter lost but I cant help but be disappointed by this final. Inter could have won it yesterday.
Folks expected a City domination, yet, looking at City's squad, not a single of their players who played yesterday has ever won the CL, an EL, an EURO or a World Cup. As far as European trophies go, these guys were nobodies. And with a CL final already lost in the past by some of them, it's easy to explain why they were so nervous.

Compare them to the Barca and Real teams that beat us. They were filled with WC, Euro and CL winners.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Thought John Stones had a good game yesterday, and City's set up provides stability and protection from counters. It allows more freedom to roam for the rest of the attacking force. But having four CBs plus Rodri yesterday when no one really roams everything becomes so static. Didn't really understand why Pep didn't put on a more attacking CM instead of Stones or put him further back. The only one he really moved around was Stones and occasionally Gündogan, the goal came from when Stones finally ran deep. Inter sat back as expected and there were little space to find but then you need to create space, move around, especially when they go man-to-man. All in all, disappointing game and disappointed by Pep. In his defense, firstly, his options were limited, there were really no one of that type of player on the bench unless you put Silva centrally and put in Mahrez. I assume he was injured or something. Secondly, @Alen is probably right.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Oldest and most indebted team in Italy, $430 mill in debt, inter are seriously fucked :lol: Grande marotta for loading the team with a bunch of unsellable oldies and letting their assets like Skriniar go for free. Brilliant :lol: cAlCiO iS bAcK

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Folks expected a City domination, yet, looking at City's squad, not a single of their players who played yesterday has ever won the CL, an EL, an EURO or a World Cup. As far as European trophies go, these guys were nobodies. And with a CL final already lost in the past by some of them, it's easy to explain why they were so nervous.

Compare them to the Barca and Real teams that beat us. They were filled with WC, Euro and CL winners.
We had 3 World Cup winners and 3 Euro winners and still lost to Maccabi.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought John Stones had a good game yesterday, and City's set up provides stability and protection from counters. It allows more freedom to roam for the rest of the attacking force. But having four CBs plus Rodri yesterday when no one really roams everything becomes so static. Didn't really understand why Pep didn't put on a more attacking CM instead of Stones or put him further back. The only one he really moved around was Stones and occasionally Gündogan, the goal came from when Stones finally ran deep. Inter sat back as expected and there were little space to find but then you need to create space, move around, especially when they go man-to-man. All in all, disappointing game and disappointed by Pep. In his defense, firstly, his options were limited, there were really no one of that type of player on the bench unless you put Silva centrally and put in Mahrez. I assume he was injured or something. Secondly, @Alen is probably right.
I think the setup is great. I don’t like using so many CB’s but having one of them move into the DM role really makes it difficult for the other side to get anything going. Brilliant by Pep.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
:lol:
Conte can barely get out of the group stage. And remind me what Mou did in CL with Real Madrid? Or what he did while spending hundreds of millions in just a couple seasons at ManU?
Hundreds of millions are not 1.5 billion and Mourinho was close with Madrid. When Klopp got Alisson and VVD, they won the CL and EPL, far more efficiently than Pep I'd say and a fully fit Liverpool slaps City every time. Sure Liverpool spends but whoever gets unlimited funds with no care about FFP should be winning the CL every year. Pep's Bayern were not as good as Heynckes, his philosophy did nothing to improve them. Also, I wouldn't say Enrique is a great manager but it looks like the Barcelona system can handle itself so perhaps Pep didn't need to do much when he was at Barcelona. Pep cannot win unless he has an incredible squad or unlimited money. The only club left for him is PSG because who else can bankroll him? You have to give credit to Mourinho and Conte for elevating player performance. If anything, you have to admire Inzaghi for cancelling out City and if not for the legendary choker Lukaku, would've won the CL. I guarantee Pep fails as an international manager and his next CL only comes with a club like PSG, but after 5 years of building with them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What Mou did with Porto and Merda in the CL though. Pep could never do it.
Of course not. I agree. But Mou hasn’t done shit in Europe with the big clubs he has coached, regardless of how much they spent. And Merda was 13 years ago now. Never mind the Conte nonsense, given that the guy sucks in Europe. Neither of them are dominating Europe for a decade with ManCity spending. It’s nonsense. Now this doesn’t mean Pep winning one CL after 7 years of outspending everyone but PSG is super impressive. But his hot take about Conte and Mou is ludicrous.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We had 3 World Cup winners and 3 Euro winners and still lost to Maccabi.
I don't see the relevance. We are an awfully coached, pathetic team, and that was a group stage game. The CL finals are a different beast. I have no idea how would 2015 and 2017 Juve play against yesterday's City, but I am pretty sure that the 2015 Barcelona and 2017 Real would have comfortably won yesterday's CL final. Much more easier than City did. And it's mostly because those guys had huge experience in winning the most important finals in world football.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this money argument makes no sense to me. if team spending most money should win the CL every year, then before city became rich, real madrid should have won it evey year. barca should have won it every year. juve, milan and inter should have won it every year.

let's keep our jealousy in check eh

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this money argument makes no sesne to me. if team spending most money should win the CL every year, then before city became rich, real madrid should have won it evey year. barca should have won it every year. juve, milan and inter should have won it every year.

let's keep our jealousy in check eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)