Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Chelsea is still plastic though and City of course even more, Juve is the total opposite of that. That final yesterday just lacked soul to me.
For me, City is plastic because I see a lot of Barca fans supporting City because of Guardiola. They won a lot of PL titles but without CL maybe not quite an European heavyweight yet.

How is Chelsea plastic though? They have loyal fans for over 15 years atleast, one club supporters. More global fans than even Juve. They won 2 CLs in last 15 years, one of top 5 youth academies in Europe, self sustaining, and attract top players, managers and scouts. They don't need Abramovic anymore to remain top. I am envious.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
For me, City is plastic because I see a lot of Barca fans supporting City because of Guardiola. They won a lot of PL titles but without CL maybe not quite an European heavyweight yet.

How is Chelsea plastic though? They have loyal fans for over 15 years atleast, one club supporters. More global fans than even Juve. They won 2 CLs in last 15 years, one of top 5 youth academies in Europe, self sustaining, and attract top players, managers and scouts. They don't need Abramovic anymore to remain top. I am envious.
True. Chelsea also had a decent fanbase before the Abramovich take over while City didn't have many fans outside of Manchester.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Funny how a mediocre team like Chelsea has picked up two champions league trophies in less than a decade.
Remember the first one against Bayern they were getting absolutely drilled. Then Drogba decided to score the header of all headers late on to level. Thought to myself during extra time that Chelsea will get this now. Best team didn’t win then. Last nights victory you cannot take away from them. Yea they’re not the best team in Europe but their gameplay worked great and the players never flopped. All looked composed. Hardly gave the ball away neither.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

so by that logic Man City won’t be plastic in five more years.

both chelsea and City were mediocre teams until they got bought out, they just got bought out at different times

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007

both chelsea and City were mediocre teams until they got bought out, they just got bought out at different times
I still see a lot of Messi and Barca fans supporting City as their second team beacuse of their management being ex-Barca , and they haven't had their period of suffering after their highs which generally cements the fanhood imo. Their fanbase numbers are still relatively low compared to the other European heavyweights.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I still see a lot of Messi and Barca fans supporting City as their second team beacuse of their management being ex-Barca , and they haven't had their period of suffering after their highs which generally cements the fanhood imo. Their fanbase numbers are still relatively low compared to the other European heavyweights.
I understand. But yeah they weee bound to get a lot of Barca fans because of Guardiola, just like I’m sure a lot of RM fans started rooting for Juve after Ronaldo

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012

Yeah I find that "X club is plastic" argument silly. In 50 years time when City or PSG or whatever has let's say, 12-18 league titles and several European cups. Will the people of that time call them plastic?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Chelsea only became relevant when Abramovich bought the club, thats no better than the likes of City and PSG to me even if they won the CL and Europa League.

I do have more respect for them than City and PSG as they also shown they can develop talents and not spend a fortune every window like City did with Pep. This CL they won it with some young English/German as well which was nice to see imo.

May 23, 2013
But Elvin are happy with it.

Anyway this Chelsea team certainly look to have a bright future. 1-2 years ago I never imagined them winning a CL, they looked completely rubbish. We hammered them 0-3 at Stamford Bridge and 4-1 in Munich less than 9 months ago, they were outclassed.

Impressive what Tuchel has achieved in such a short amount of time.
Bayern with Lewandowski would have smacked them if they came up against one another this season. I have no doubt that you guys are still the best side in Europe, the world's best player getting injured and missing out on your PSG tie was just extremely unfortunate.

But what you're saying is definitely true. And forget Bayern smashing them last season, just this season City was wiping the floor with them and all their new signings looked like major flops prior to Tuchel's arrival. What he's managed to do in this short amount of time is remarkable and I believe he'll only build upon it further in the next season. Roman's managerial merry-go round has worked out well for Chelsea since he's bought the club, but now it's time to put faith in and allow a manager to build a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)