Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Admittedly, I'm envious of Chelsea's defense. Even at our peak in 2015 we never had this much security in defense during CL despite being a great team. In 2017 we were great too but we were conceding lots of shots in the knockouts
Our defense back then was so much better than this Chelsea teams.

As already mentioned we were up against one of the greatest attacking teams of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

they are not poor man, they play very well team play and tactics.
I'm comparing this Chelsea team to the CL winning teams of the last 30 years. I would say they have to be the worst.if not one of the worst.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The Barca team they beat was better than any team in the CL this year.
Fair point even if that was a fluke.

This Chelsea team throughout the knockouts of CL shuts down teams and don't concede shots. Yeah I agree the competition is terrible compared to ours in our time, its nothing like we've faced, what I meant was just pointing out the sense of security they had.

Atleti for example in their prime shut down prime Barca and a solid Bayern a couple of times. Simply think that we didn't have this sense of security at the back in CL

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
the biggest choke job was us against Hamburg in 1983. How can you lose with a team consisting of world champions including Zoff, Cabrini, Scirea, Gentile, Tardelli, Rossi, and add Bettega, Platini and Boniek.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Fair point even if that was a fluke.

This Chelsea team throughout the knockouts of CL shuts down teams and don't concede shots. Yeah I agree the competition is terrible compared to ours in our time, its nothing like we've faced, what I meant was just pointing out the sense of security they had.

Atleti for example in their prime shut down prime Barca and a solid Bayern a couple of times. Simply think that we didn't have this sense of security at the back in CL
We had bonucci, who is the father of insecurity. Juve players piss their pants in CHL final. It's like they go to final for only purpose, not to win it but to lose it.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I watched the finals, first game I watched since getting knocked from CL vs Porto.

This was me throughout whole game thinking it should've been us
EeEOz1WXYAAeMgp.png

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We need a angry rep rating @Marty @Mark

- - - Updated - - -

Thats boring, here is a fun thing. Who loses their CL title if this was still Champions Cup and only champions played, and they wouldnt even participate:

21 Chelsea
20 Bayern
19 Liverpool
18 Real
17 Real
16 Real
15 Barcelona
14 Real
13 Bayern
12 Chelsea

11 Barcelona
10 inter
09 Barcelona
08 Manchester
07 Milan
06 Barcelona
05 Liverpool
04 Porto
03 Milan
02 Real
01 Bayern
00 Real
99 Manchester

98 Real

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You need players like Kante/Rodri in your midfield.
and pep, the visionary left both fernandinho and rodri on the bench, started with zero dm's. didn't watch the game, checked the highlights afterwards, it seems to me that chelsea countered the shit out of city in the first half.

pep just had to make a change, didn't he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)