Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes! the overrated club lost!
Chelsea are built to play against teams like City.
It feels like a miss to be honest - Should we had Allegri a season before we could have played Chelsea and they are definitely beatable if you dont play like City.

- - - Updated - - -

They won 2 out of 2 finals while we've been chokers, sad truth.

EDIT forgot about 2008
We had an enormous bad luck in CL.
We lost in 2003 on penalties when we played without our best player and dare I say the golden ball winner...
We lost to Barcelona in 2015 - They had an amazing team and we played well actually.
We lost to Real Madrid who won 3 in a row
It seems that we only reach finals when the other teams are extremely strong.
We have Allegri now so maybe another CL final in the future (hoping that if we get there we make it).

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yes! the overrated club lost!
Chelsea are built to play against teams like City.
It feels like a miss to be honest - Should we had Allegri a season before we could have played Chelsea and they are definitely beatable if you dont play like City.

- - - Updated - - -

We had an enormous bad luck in CL.
We lost in 2003 on penalties when we played without our best player and dare I say the golden ball winner...
We lost to Barcelona in 2015 - They had an amazing team and we played well actually.
We lost to Real Madrid who won 3 in a row
It seems that we only reach finals when the other teams are extremely strong.
We have Allegri now so maybe another CL final in the future (hoping that if we get there we make it).
And we lost against RM and Dortmund while we have a squad three times better than them TOGETHER... we just choke in finals

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
And we lost against RM and Dortmund while we have a squad three times better than them TOGETHER... we just choke in finals
Was Juve that much better? I wasn't following Juve or the football scene closely back then, but on paper it doesn't look too lopsided. Juve had quite a few players who weren't internationals in the finals lineup.

I feel 04/05 and 05/06 CL campaigns were bigger choke jobs in terms of squad assembled relative to competition.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Was Juve that much better? I wasn't following Juve or the football scene closely back then, but on paper it doesn't look too lopsided. Juve had quite a few players who weren't internationals in the finals lineup.

I feel 04/05 and 05/06 CL campaigns were bigger choke jobs in terms of squad assembled relative to competition.
Of course we were, we have arguably a top 5 player in several positions, while the likes of Dortmund and RM by that time, like two WC players at most

For instance, RM hadn't won anything for centuries by that time and their star was Mijatovic, none of their striker were actually WC level. Morientes and Suker were their top scorer that season in Europe. While we have the likes of Peruzzi, Montero, Davids, Zidane, Del Piero, Pippo... we just choked hard, we had the best team in the world by a mile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)